We have some more details on Margaritaville Rum, which we reported in November that it was beginning to be distributed but seems to be moving very slowly.
Inspired by the lifestyle of Jimmy Buffett, Margaritaville embodies a relaxed state-of-mind lifestyle synonymous with island escapism. Now with the introduction of Rum, Margaritaville takes consumers to the Island of Jamaica, where for centuries some of the world’s most exquisite rums has been handcrafted.
Every bottle of Margaritaville Premium Jamaican Rum contains a unique blend of aged rums hand selected by Jamaica’s most famed Master Blender, Joy Spence. Each rum is carefully selected and hand blended to create a sophisticated flavor and aroma. After blending, the rums are married. This fusion of the various components is the final touch to the unique blend.
Clear. Light vanilla, cane stalk, warm custard, and nougat aromas. A soft, silky entry leads to a dry light-to-medium body of attractive cane, vanilla bean, and pepper flavors. Finishes with a zesty, peppery powdered sugar flavor.
Pale golden amber color. Creamy vanilla, cloves, nutmeg, and white chocolate aromas. A rich supple off-dry medium body with notes of white pepper and toasted nut. Finishes with a long, warm cinnamon and spicy vanilla fade.
Deep golden amber color. Vibrant aromas of brown sugar, buttery caramel, roasted nuts, and creame brulee. A buoyant entry leads to a dry-yet-fruity medium body accented with vanilla beans, nut, and peppery brown spice flavors. Finishes with a nice dark caramel toffee and peppery spice fade.
Clear. Rich fresh-cut coconut and soft vanilla bean aromas follow through to a mildly sweet medium body of toasted coconut flavor. Finishes with nice length and creaminess.
Suggested retail is $16.99 per bottle.
Margaritaville Rum is reportedly available at Margaritaville Cafes, but have you been able to find it in stores yet?
2009 was another big year for Jimmy Buffett. His summer tour was hugely successful again, he partnered with the Miami Dolphins to rename their home field Landshark Stadium, and a new album dropped in December. And of course there was lots more in between. So here’s our Jimmy Buffett 2009 Year in Review:
- In early January Jimmy made a swing through the Caribbean, making stops at his Margaritaville Cafes in Grand Cayman and Cozumel where he, Mac, and Nadirah played surprise shows
- Buffett attends Wounded Warriors Project’s Soldier Ride in Key West
- Spring and summer tour dates began to trickle out in mid-to-late January
- On February 2nd Margaritaville.com confirmed all shows for the Summerzcool Tour
- Also on February 2nd, Jimmy Buffett’s at the Beachcomber Restaurant opened in Honolulu
- Parrothead license plates become available for South Carolina residents
- On February 12th, Jimmy played a surprise show at the Margaritaville in Key West
- About 2 weeks later, Mailboat Records releases 4 digital downloads from the Key West show
- On Tuesday the 24th, Buffett and the Coral Reefers open the 2009 Summerzcool Tour in Maui
- On the 26th he plays a private show for the opening of Jimmy Buffett’s at the Beachcomber
- Jimmy performs at Netscape founder Jim Clark’s wedding in the British Virgin Islands
- In late March, we report that Margaritaville Rum is coming soon
- Also at the end of the month, Coral Reefer Mac McAnally releases a new single: “You First”
- Buffett sends out an April Fool’s joke on his Twitter account saying that the summer tour has been canceled
- On April 10th, Jimmy called in to Radio Margaritaville to discuss the tour and a new album in the works
- First rumblings surface about Jimmy entering into a partnership with the Miami Dolphins
- Spring tour kicks off in Atlanta on April 16th
- Buffett also plays Dallas, Charlotte, Raleigh, and Tampa in April
- A planned Today Show appearance by Jimmy in Key West in May is scrapped so that the NBC staff could stay in NYC to cover the Swine Flu outbreak
- It was announced on May 1st that Jimmy had entered into a agreement with the Miami Dolphins to rename their home field “Landshark Stadium”
- “Summerzcool” is released as a digital download
- The Fall tour dates are removed from Margaritaville.com, causing mass speculation and frustrating parrotheads on the West Coast
- On May 8th the Dolphins held a press conference in Miami announcing the stadium’s name change to Landshark Stadium. Jimmy performed at the event
- Tour resumed on May 14th in Phoenix. Jimmy also plays Las Vegas, Concord CA, and Irvina CA in May
- Additional Fall tour dates are announced in London, Paris, Orlando, and Charlottsville, VA. The San Diego, Seattle, and Las Vegas shows planned for the Fall are officially canceled
- Trump Entertainment Resorts terminates the agreement with Coastal Development to buy the Trump Marina and Casino and turn it into a Margaritaville-themed casino
- It’s announced that the first Canadian Margaritaville will open in Edmonton
- “Margaritaville” referenced on The Colbert Report
- On June 13th Jimmy performed at the Bonnaroo Music Festival in Tennessee
- i-Encore, a parrothead iPhone app is released in mid-June
- Tour resumes on June 18th in Camden, NJ. Jimmy also plays in Pittsburgh and Boston
- In late June, former Coral Reefer Tim Krekel (pictured right) died after a short battle with cancer
- On July 1st, Jimmy Buffett and parrotheads are mentioned on an episode of Comedy Central’s “The Daily Show with Jon Stewart”
- Jimmy performs in London on July 5th
- On July 9th, Jimmy rode along in the Lance Armstrong’s Team Astana car at the Tour de France
- It was reported that Jimmy Buffett serenaded Walter Cronkite in the weeks before his death
- In late July Coastal Development sues Trump over the Atlantic City casino deal
- On the 29th, Jimmy makes a surprise appearance at the Stephen Talkhouse in Amagansett, New York
- Jimmy performs and is interviewed on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon on July 29th
- Tour resumes in Cincinnati on the 6th. Jimmy also plays Chicago, Indy, Detroit, Atlantic City, Wantagh NY, and East Troy WI in the month of August
- On the 2nd, Politico reports that Jimmy Buffett was at the White House
- Jimmy speaks and performs at a memorial for Walter Cronkite in NYC on the 9th
- In mid-September the Orlando show scheduled for November 14th was removed from Margaritaville.com’s tour dates page with no explanation given
- Jimmy lends his boat to three combat veterans
- Prior to the Dolphins Monday Night Football game on the 21st, Jimmy performs outside of the stadium
- A new line of iced tea by Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville is announced
- On September 30th it was announced that Jimmy had joined the effort to restore Miami’s Marine Stadium, the venue for the Live By The Bay show from 1985.
- On October 16th the Margaritaville on Grand Cayman was robbed
- Jimmy plays for the National Association of Convenience Stores in Las Vegas
- Jimmy performs at Neil Young’s Bridge School Benefit in Mountain View, CA on October 24th
- We reported on the 3rd that “Margaritaville” had been trademarked for video game use
- On the 7th, Jimmy played a show on St. Barth’s for the 60th anniversary of Le Select
- The CMA Awards were held on the 11th and Coral Reefer Mac McAnally won Musician Of The Year for the second straight year
- Jimmy plays final shows of the Summerzcool Tour in Charlottsville VA, Toronto, Uncasville CT, and New York City
- On the morning of the 23rd, Jimmy appeared on the Today Show to discuss his upcoming album “Buffet Hotel”
- Jimmy’s new album “Buffet Hotel” is released. It’s Jimmy’s first studio album since “Take The Weather With You” in 2006
- On the 9th, Jimmy and the Zac Brown Band tape an episode of CMT Crossroads in Nashville
- We reported on the 13th that Buffett had acquired two new airplanes
- On the 17th, we reported that an aviation departure procedure out of Palm Beach International Airport in Florida had been named after Jimmy
- We report on the 18th that a job listing for a General Manager at a Margaritaville location in Nashville had been posted
- On Christmas Day, Jimmy celebrated his 63rd birthday
|Tagged in Albums, Aviation, Boats, Business Empire, Casinos, Charitable Causes, Concerts, Coral Reefers, Downloads, In The News, Interviews, Landshark Stadium, Margaritaville Cafes, Margaritaville Casinos, Parrotheads, Personal/Family, Politics, Pop Culture References, Radio Margaritaville, Rum, Singles, Site News, Special Appearances, Television, Touring, TV Appearances, Video Games, Year In Review
Announced last Spring, Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville Rum is being sent to wholesalers for distribution. If it’s not already in stores, it will be soon.
The rum, which will come in four flavors (Coconut, Spiced, Silver, and Dark), is already being served in Margaritaville Cafes.
The official website is up at www.margaritavillerum.com, but there is no content yet.
(h/t to Ed)
A new line of rum from Jimmy Buffett is coming soon. The Margaritaville.com Tour page shows that the 2009 Summerzcool Tour is sponsored by Landshark Lager and Margaritaville Premium Jamaican Rum.
LiquorAndWine4Less.com has an image of the bottles (pictured above right). They report that it will come in four flavors: Silver, Gold, Spiced, and Coconut.