Jimmy Buffett passes away at 76 yrs of age

Discuss anything related to Jimmy Buffett. Find more specific categories below
HavanaMatt
Number of Buffett shows attended: 1

Jimmy Buffett passes away at 76 yrs of age

Post by HavanaMatt » Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:57 am

It is indeed a sad day in Parrothead nation as our captain and fearless leader Jimmy Buffett has passed on at 76.
I woke up in shock seeing many news posts come across my facebook feed reporting it, and I'm still in shock
writing this.

I was able to see Jimmy & the Coral Reefers live 1 lone time 10 yrs ago back in the summer of 2013, and it
was a concert I will always remember fondly for the rest of my existence. When I attended this show, it was
right after the Chicago Blackhawks won the Stanley Cup. During the first few tunes, then Chicago Blackhawk
Patrick Kane walks out onto the stage with the Stanley Cup and celebrates with Jimmy and the Chicago audience.
It was so awesome, a great memory. 8-) 8-)

Theirs so many great Buffett classics, it's hard to choose just one favorite. The music is timeless, and sure hope
the generations to come pick up on his catalog and keep the party going non stop. Like all the rest, I'm a full
pledged fan for eternity.

Jimmy Buffett, the man .. the myth .. the legend. Thank you brother, keep those Fins up in that One Particular Harbour.
We'll keep riding those waters with you. :finsup: :finsup: :finsup: :finsup: :finsup: :finsup: :finsup: :finsup: :finsup:
Daydreamin' with a license to chill down at the La De Dah

Air M'Ville Cap'n
Site Admin
Number of Buffett shows attended: 12

Re: Jimmy Buffett passes away at 76 yrs of age

Post by Air M'Ville Cap'n » Mon Sep 04, 2023 12:39 pm

I woke up to a text from prthd4353 saying "what do you think happened?" and I knew the only reason he would be texting that is that Jimmy died. I was shocked and it hit me hard. Even harder than I expected.

I saw Jimmy in concert about a dozen times. First time was in 2000. The last time was in 2017. I wish we would've made it to NW Arkansas a couple years ago. Kept saying we'd go again but figured Jimmy still had a few years left in him.

I think more than anything what Jimmy's music did was bring me and my closest friends together and provided some of the best memories of my life. We'd get a group of 20 or so and drive to Dallas or Chicago or KC or St Louis to see him and just had the absolute best time. I'm sad that we won't get to make anymore memories like that but we'll always have the music and the memories and that's a treasure that Jimmy gave us.

:finsup: :finsup: :finsup: