List of Magazines and/or Articles?

Discuss anything related to Jimmy Buffett. Find more specific categories below
shakayall
Number of Buffett shows attended: 1

List of Magazines and/or Articles?

Post by shakayall » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:16 pm

I'm just curious as a 'newbie' if there is a list of magazines and articles anywhere? From the 70s to present? It would be sooo much easier to find these online if I knew what to look for. I collect music memorabilia, including magazines but I need more info than I've been able to find online.

For example, I'm still looking for the Outside magazine from 1979 with an article Jimmy wrote called "Wasting Away in Anguilla". He is on the cover.

I also realize there may have been magazines where he was featured inside, but not listed on the cover.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

:wave:

urlcenter

Re: List of Magazines and/or Articles?

Post by urlcenter » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:26 am

Google "jimmy buffett magazine articles" and you will get results for many of them

shakayall
Number of Buffett shows attended: 1

Post by shakayall » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:48 pm

urlcenter wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:26 am
Google "jimmy buffett magazine articles" and you will get results for many of them
Yeah...not really working for me. :(

I was hoping for a specific list, especially older stuff from the 70s. Occasionally things will pop up on ebay, but I thought the real Parrotheads would actually know some cool ones to check out.

I mean, I'm still looking for the Outside magazine article. You would think since he was on the cover of that it would be easy to find. Yesterday, in a dark "Google groups" dungeon ( and how did I even get there??), I found out he wrote an article for Men's Journal or Esquire in the 90s.

Sigh.

Why does the internet have to be so hard nowadays???

urlcenter

Post by urlcenter » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:58 pm

shakayall wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:48 pm
urlcenter wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:26 am
Yeah...not really working for me. :(

I was hoping for a specific list, especially older stuff from the 70s. Occasionally things will pop up on ebay, but I thought the real Parrotheads would actually know some cool ones to check out.

I mean, I'm still looking for the Outside magazine article. You would think since he was on the cover of that it would be easy to find. Yesterday, in a dark "Google groups" dungeon ( and how did I even get there??), I found out he wrote an article for Men's Journal or Esquire in the 90s.

Sigh.

Why does the internet have to be so hard nowadays???
Here are a few titles and dates to help

The issue of Men's Journal is the January 25 issue
The Esquire issue is the Autumn 1992 issue of Esquire Sportsman
Jimmy was also on Winter / Spring 2014 edition of “Beaches, Resorts, & Parks” magazine.
Jimmy was on the cover USA Weekend on June 29, 2008
Jimmy was on the cover of Country Weekly on July 20, 2004
Jimmy was on the cover the July/August 1978 issue of Outside Magazine
Jimmy was on the cover of the October 4, 1979 issue of Rolling Stone Magazine
There is an article about Jimmy in the August 6, 1992 issue of Rolling Stone
The January 2018 issue of Smart Meetings Magazine has Jimmy on the cover and an article inside