Enhanced CD's question

Discuss anything related to Jimmy Buffett. Find more specific categories below
shakayall
Number of Buffett shows attended: 1

Enhanced CD's question

Post by shakayall » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:20 pm

Does anyone know if the "enhanced CD's" would work for me on current macs or if the video footage is available digitally somewhere else?

Thanks!

Air M'Ville Cap'n
Site Admin
Number of Buffett shows attended: 12

Re: Enhanced CD's question

Post by Air M'Ville Cap'n » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:46 am

What CD's are enhanced? I forget.

shakayall

Post by shakayall » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:21 am

The one I am thinking of getting on eBay is "Live Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays."

But, I've read that "Don't Stop the Carnival", "Rancho Deluxe", "Beach House on the Moon," "Take the Weather With You" & "Far Side of the World" also are "enhanced" (with videos in the form of computer files.)

I would love to see the extras but I don't want to waste my money on this stuff if it doesn't work anymore.

urlcenter

Post by urlcenter » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:54 am

Air M'Ville Cap'n wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:46 am
What CD's are enhanced? I forget.
Tuesday's Thursdays and Saturdays
Beach House on the Moon
Don't Stop the Carnival
Take the Weather With You
Far Side of The World.

The enhanced portions are short videos in QuickTime video format

urlcenter

Post by urlcenter » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:55 am

shakayall wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:21 am
The one I am thinking of getting on eBay is "Live Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays."

But, I've read that "Don't Stop the Carnival", "Rancho Deluxe", "Beach House on the Moon," "Take the Weather With You" & "Far Side of the World" also are "enhanced" (with videos in the form of computer files.)

I would love to see the extras but I don't want to waste my money on this stuff if it doesn't work anymore.
You can convert the files to a modern file format such as MP4 to make them work

urlcenter

Post by urlcenter » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:16 pm

The content of the Enhanced CD's is as follows:

Don't Stop The Carnival - 1998

An 8:00 minute video, in Quicktime video format, featuring Jimmy performing the short song "Green Flash at Sunset" followed by rehearsal footage recorded during the performances of the full Don't Stop The Carnival musical show.

Beach House on The Moon - 1999

An 8:52 video, in Quicktime video format, that begins with a short thank you message from Jimmy followed by footage of the album being recorded. The footage shows the album being worked on in two different music studios: La La Land in Muscle Shoals Alabama and Shrimpboat Sound in Key West Fl

Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays - 1999

A 9:02 video, in Quicktime video format, entitled "Backstage with Buffett" hosted by Jimmy's daughter Savannah Jane Buffett. The video is tour of what things are like backstage before one of Jimmy's shows and features Jimmy and the CRB relaxing and then going through sound check before a show at Greatwoods in Mansfield MA. There is also footage of Jimmy and the band having a pre-show catered meal.

Far Side of the World - 2002

A 7:53 video, in Quicktime video format, that begins with an intro by Jimmy followed by some footage from the album's recording sessions then segues into a music video for the song "Far side of the World"

Take the Weather With You - 2006

A 3:59 music video, in Quicktime video format, for the song "Here We Are" the video in comprised of a few still photos of Jimmy followed by footage filmed at a various Jimmy Buffett Shows from many prior years. The footage includes clips of Jimmy and the CRB on stage as well as clips of Parrotheads tailgating and partying.

shakayall

Post by shakayall » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:11 pm

Sorry I'm late responding here.

But THANK YOU for taking the time and for this info!

HurricaneSeason
Number of Buffett shows attended: 12

Post by HurricaneSeason » Mon May 04, 2020 9:35 am

urlcenter wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:16 pm

Far Side of the World - 2002

A 7:53 video, in Quicktime video format, that begins with an intro by Jimmy followed by some footage from the album's recording sessions then segues into a music video for the song "Far side of the World"
Here's the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DotENSHBe2U&t=84s