'DuckTales' to return to TV in 2017

Discuss your favorite TV shows or if you enjoyed the movie you just saw
HavanaMatt
Number of Buffett shows attended: 1

'DuckTales' to return to TV in 2017

Post by HavanaMatt » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:16 pm

'DuckTales' hasn't been on the air in 25 years, but passion for the show lives on.

From blogs re-watching the show to remasters of the video game, a slow jam version of the theme song,
and even a remake of the title sequence with real ducks (which drew more than 6 million hits on YouTube),
it's almost like the show is still on the air.

Disney has just announced that come 2017, it actually will be on the air — via an all-new reboot on Disney XD.
Scrooge McDuck will be back along with Donald Duck and his nephews, Huey, Dewey, and Louie. Also returning
will be many of the best-remembered citizens of Duckburg: Duckworth, Gyro Gearloose, Launchpad McQuack,
Flintheart Glomgold, the nefarious Magica DeSpell & Poe, Mrs. Beakley, Webbigail Vanderquack, and
Ma Beagle & the Beagle Boys.

The original series was based on — and several of the episodes were taken directly from — the comics written
by Carl Barks. No word on whether the show will retell any of those stories or they'll be all new, but in a statement
Disney XD's General Manager Mark Buhaj promises the new series "will bring that same energy and adventurous spirit
to a new generation."

Takes me back to my younger day, bravo ;)
Daydreamin' with a license to chill down at the La De Dah

Air M'Ville Cap'n
Site Admin
Number of Buffett shows attended: 12

Re: 'DuckTales' to return to TV in 2017

Post by Air M'Ville Cap'n » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:32 pm

Sweet! I watched this a lot when I was a kid.