Elton John announces Farewell Tour

Your favorite genre or favorite singer, anything music-related
HavanaMatt
Number of Buffett shows attended: 1

Elton John announces Farewell Tour

Post by HavanaMatt » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:52 pm

In a press conference Wednesday, Elton John announced he will soon embark on a farewell tour.
Despite reports to the contrary, he also clarified that he is not retiring from music altogether.

"The announcement is that I am not going to be touring anymore, apart form the last tour, which is going
to start in September of this year. It'll be a global tour. And it's the last time that I will be touring and traveling
the world. My priorities have changed in my life. Ten years ago, if you'd had said I have to stop touring, I'd say,
'No, no. I'm a working man,'" John said, adding, "I've had an amazing life. I've had an amazing career.

I've been incredibly lucky. My life has changed. The priorities of my life have changed. My priorities now are my
children, my husband and my family. I've been touring since I was 17 in various bands, and as Elton John in 1969.
And I thought the time is right to say thank you to all my fans around the world globally and to say goodbye and
just to have a breathe." The boys will join him for nine months with a tutor, he said. "When I stop they're going to
be 10 and 8, and that's a very important time in their lives."

To do it properly, John will embark on a 3-year, 300-date tour all around the world. "It'll be the best
production I've ever done," he promised. "It'll be a wonderful way to thank everyone."

John plans to stay "creative," and despite reports to the contrary, he said, "I'm in great health."
Rest assured, John said he will still be "making music" in the years to come.
Daydreamin' with a license to chill down at the La De Dah

Air M'Ville Cap'n
Site Admin
Number of Buffett shows attended: 12

Re: Elton John announces Farewell Tour

Post by Air M'Ville Cap'n » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:16 pm

I might try to make one of these if he comes close.

Parrothead Mania
Number of Buffett shows attended: 11

Re: Elton John announces Farewell Tour

Post by Parrothead Mania » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:00 pm

Air M'Ville Cap'n wrote:I might try to make one of these if he comes close.
No doubt, Josh! He's coming to Columbia, SC and I plan on going. I've seen Elton twice (1997 and 2004) and he's one of the best live acts in the world.
There are jobs and chores and questions and plates I need to twirl, but tonight I'll take my chances on the far side of the world