jokelben server bandwith issues UPDATE 12/30/19

Share and obtain recordings of Jimmy's concerts
urlcenter

jokelben server bandwith issues UPDATE 12/30/19

Post by urlcenter » Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:39 pm

Sunlover has posted the following message over on the BN concert trading forum regarding a bandwith issue with the Jokelben server

"Users have been reporting that they are unable to access the Jokelben 2.0 server, hosted on pcloud. I checked into the issue and discovered that the excessive bandwidth limitation kicked in. I get 2 TB per month of download traffic. Over the past week, it peaked at 1.7 TB with 91k downloads. Previously, the weekly download bandwidth ranged from 20GB to 400GB. I have no way of knowing what specific shows or files have been downloaded during any time range. At 91k files downloaded over a couple days, that is the equivalent of downloading the entire server four times.

The included graphic shows 593 GB downloaded on Dec 16 and 534 GB on Dec 19. As you can see, this was a very unusual occurrence as most daily download traffic ranges from 10 GB to 60 GB or so.

A question came up if Jokelben is now behind a paywall. The Jokelben server will always be free to access. There is no paywall that you have to go through. If you already have a pcloud account at Premium or Premium Plus, you should be able to access the Jokelben server with no issues.

I don't know when the monthly bandwidth limit will reset. It may be on or around the 16th of each month. For now, you can still download audio files of recent shows on the FTP site mentioned here on the BN Concert Trading Forum. Videos are not available on the FTP site.

Again I apologize for the limitation and ask for your patience during this time. Hopefully, it will reset soon."

urlcenter

Re: jokelben server bandwith issues UPDATE 12/30/19

Post by urlcenter » Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:07 pm

Sunlover posted an update to the jokelben issue over on BN here it is:

"UPDATE on Jokelben: The downloader sent me a PM on Facebook and told me they were catching up on downloading a lot of shows and videos. Apparently, they had problems with the downloads, specifically with the ZIP files and attempted the downloads several more times.

For now, I believe this was an honest error and an isolated incident. I know the person and from our PM conversation, I believe this was not a rogue download attack from multiple users. I quoted Jimmy and told the downloader to "pace yourself" regarding future downloads. :wink:

Before now, most of the daily downloads would range from 10 GB to 60 GB, which is well within the monthly limit. Going forward, I will monitor download activity and make sure it is still within limits.

At this time, I don't plan on changing anything about the Jokelben setup and access. The password has been changed, but that is a periodic update anyway. Full access should be restored by the middle of January. If it is sooner, I will let you guys know. I apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience during this downtime, especially during the "Working Vacation Virtual Tour". Be assured that I am still capturing the videos and they will be available when Jokelben access is restored."