It is currently August 20th, 2014, 4:24 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: February 13th, 2012, 10:35 am 
Rookie

No. Of Shows Attended: 4
I just checked the tour dates and saw Jimmy's going to be at Gexa in Dallas in April. What happened to Frisco Texas??? Is there going to be another date for Frisco this year? If not, that really sucks as we look forward to going to this EVERY YEAR!!!

PostPosted: February 13th, 2012, 10:48 am 
I am a person my parents warned me about

No. Of Shows Attended: 11
gvest2012 wrote:
I just checked the tour dates and saw Jimmy's going to be at Gexa in Dallas in April. What happened to Frisco Texas??? Is there going to be another date for Frisco this year? If not, that really sucks as we look forward to going to this EVERY YEAR!!!

I'm pretty sure there won't be two Dallas area dates. Gexa will be it.

PostPosted: February 13th, 2012, 11:12 am 
Rookie

No. Of Shows Attended: 2
We love the amphitheater...been to many concerts there. Well my band's bus will be fueled up, and the band trailer will be emptied of sound/light equipment and replaced with Larry's Tiki Bar, and the rest of our tailgate gear...plus the new Tiki Shuttle golf cart...Wooohoooo!!! :piratesails:

PostPosted: February 13th, 2012, 3:28 pm 
Brand New Country Star

No. Of Shows Attended: 8
Will they allow overnight tailgating in Dallas? Last time he was there, it rained and there wasn't really much room for tailgating. The porta potties overflowed and there were not nearly enough of them. From strictly a concert point of view, the amphitheater is great. But if you are looking for the whole party and tailgate experience, it leaves a lot to be desired.

PostPosted: February 13th, 2012, 7:07 pm 
Rookie

No. Of Shows Attended: 0
Dude the Gexa is like 30 minutes away from Frisco. If you wanna see Buffett that bad, just take the 30 minute drive. I'll be traveling 3 hours for this show, if he doesn't go to Houston.

PostPosted: February 14th, 2012, 11:26 am 
Rookie

it's not the drive i am concerned with, it's the fact that Gexa doesn't like tailgating, and i was told they don't allow it.

PostPosted: February 14th, 2012, 11:27 am 
Rookie

and as far as the drive, it was nice all these years to be close to home in frisco

PostPosted: February 14th, 2012, 4:53 pm 
Rookie

No. Of Shows Attended: 0
I personally don't think the Pizza Hut Park is a good venue for concerts. Artists have a hard time selling out that venue, no matter who it is. I saw KISS there a few years ago and the place was like 50% full, and Brad Paisley last summer was maybe 85% full? It's very spread out. And you have to go through toll roads to get there.

But I think the biggest reason is because there seems to be an ongoing issue with concert promoters and the Pizza Hut Park. I don't know if they can never agree on ticket prices or percentage of the share or what, but I remember tickets for Brad Paisley didn't go on sale until two months after the rest of his tour did. It seems like a lot of promoters have just given up on the venue, and Gexa seems a lot easier to negotiate with.

Besides, a little variety is nice besides the same old song and dance I guess.

PostPosted: February 14th, 2012, 8:37 pm 
I am a person my parents warned me about

No. Of Shows Attended: 11
Having been to both Gexa and PHP, I like Gexa better as an actual concert venue. Of course the tailgating was better at PHP though

PostPosted: February 15th, 2012, 1:40 pm 
Rookie

Frisco on Saturdays or no-go. Sorry JB.
:roll:

PostPosted: February 15th, 2012, 3:05 pm 
Rookie

I guess I'll speak out for all us Parrotheads who are so glad to see Jimmy coming on a Thursday to Gexa. We have all been beaten down by getting up early and driving to Frisco by 6am to find out they are all sold out of spaces. Some of us that have been following him for years without all the RV's and now all the 25-35 yups have taken over the place. I want to be able to rent a port-a-potty and not have to pay the guy who owns the field across Pizza Hut Park another $50 to get it on the property. I don't want to be charged to put up a canopy. I want to be able to sit on the grass and enjoy listening to Jimmy like we have done years before. Last time we went out to Pizza hut park people were there just for the party. They never even went into the concert and quit playing Buffet songs after the crowds went into the concert. I love being a Parrothead--but a true Parrothead will tell you it is a great party. But seeing Jimmy sing is the Cherry on top. Thanks Dallas for bringing you home. :clap:

PostPosted: February 16th, 2012, 10:07 am 
Brand New Country Star

Pink Parrot , at Gexa there are far fewer seats. That means that a lot of us may not be able to get tickets to go and see Jimmy, let alone enjoy the party. Yes, it had gotten out of hand in Frisco, but I still would prefer being somewhere larger, and in a safer place, so more of us have a chance at tickets. When he first moved to Frisco, it was really nice. You had to have a ticket to get anywhere near the place.People were having a great time. Texas is a large place and we threw a large party. Too bad that it became more about the party than about Jimmy and the concert. The party got out of control and so no more Frisco.

PostPosted: February 16th, 2012, 6:45 pm 
Rookie

No. Of Shows Attended: 2
I have been to many concerts, but only two Buffett concerts and both in Frisco. And we arrived Friday and stayed until Sunday with our RV. It was fun and a great tail gate party, but I didn't see anything that would cause Jimmy or Frisco to say we were too wild. Is there something we missed? I took over 1000 photos and didn't see anything too crazy.

Art Mann went to two different Buffett tail gate parties and it looked pretty much like Frisco...same crazy Parrotheads having a party! lol

We are not super crazy about Dallas for tail gating due to the location in Ghettoville, but the Pavillion has always been a great place to catch a concert. Dallas cops are not as laid back as Frisco police, another possible issue.

PostPosted: February 17th, 2012, 8:16 am 
Brand New Country Star

Most of the trouble came from people getting hit by golf carts. We saw a drunk guy in a golf cart knock down several people. We only saw one fight break out and that was when someone tried to cut in the line into the stadium. I didn't think it was that bad, but others said a policeman was injured last year.