It is currently October 23rd, 2014, 7:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 244 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 17  Next
PostPosted: September 27th, 2011, 9:56 am 
Nothin' but a Breeze

No. Of Shows Attended: 4
I don't see why everyone's so worked up about this. It isn't like we're talking about real baseball here. You know, baseball where the pitcher is man enough to bat for himself.

PostPosted: September 27th, 2011, 11:49 am 
God's Own Drunk

No. Of Shows Attended: 26
coolbreeze2444 wrote:
I don't see why everyone's so worked up about this. It isn't like we're talking about real baseball here. You know, baseball where the pitcher is man enough to bat for himself.

I don't pay my hard earned $$$ to watch a guy who hits .150 make 4 automatic outs :jerkoff: :jerkoff: I'd rather see a washed up one dimensional fat guy who at least has a chance to make contact. Sound like Big Papi, Bethy?? :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:

Lester Polyester wrote:
virgin prthd wrote:
NOT happening PIG! :whipit: :pray: :gaah: :gaah: :gaah: Here comes the hear attack and 2 strokes! :wave:
Something wrong with your ears? :hmm:

PostPosted: September 27th, 2011, 11:10 pm 
Take Me to Your Blender!

Lester Polyester wrote:
coolbreeze2444 wrote:

I don't pay my hard earned $$$ to watch a guy who hits .150 make 4 automatic outs :jerkoff: :jerkoff: I'd rather see a washed up one dimensional fat guy who at least has a chance to make contact. Sound like Big Papi, Bethy?? :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:

SURE PiG!!!! If you think a Ball Player in September with a .307 Avg, 40 Doubles, 160 Hits, 29 Homers and 96 RBI's has a chance to make contact, then yes I'd rather see that too! :whipit: :shakehead:

PostPosted: September 28th, 2011, 7:42 am 
Last One Standing

No. Of Shows Attended: 6
Yanks stickin' it to the BoSox

"No outs, ARod goes first to third on a double by Teixeira...pretty hard hit ball so no big deal there and with no outs no reason to risk him getting thrown out at the plate.

But then Swisher hits a long fly to deep right center. ARod tags up at 3rd, the ball drops on the warning track, and he trots home giving the Yanks a 3-2 lead. Teixeira scores too...right? Wrong. He was tagging at second, then proceeded to jog to third and definitely had to be held there while Swisher made it to second for a double. That's right, Swisher doubled Teixeira from second to third.

Fast forward, after a walk, Russell Martin grounds into a 5-4-3 TRIPLE play. The Rays go on to win 5-3 to stay tied with the Sox for the wild card.

Think maybe the Yanks were loafing? Do they care which team makes the playoffs?"

PostPosted: September 28th, 2011, 10:06 am 
Take Me to Your Blender!

prthd_dalton wrote:

"No outs, ARod goes first to third on a double by Teixeira...pretty hard hit ball so no big deal there and with no outs no reason to risk him getting thrown out at the plate.

But then Swisher hits a long fly to deep right center. ARod tags up at 3rd, the ball drops on the warning track, and he trots home giving the Yanks a 3-2 lead. Teixeira scores too...right? Wrong. He was tagging at second, then proceeded to jog to third and definitely had to be held there while Swisher made it to second for a double. That's right, Swisher doubled Teixeira from second to third.

Fast forward, after a walk, Russell Martin grounds into a 5-4-3 TRIPLE play. The Rays go on to win 5-3 to stay tied with the Sox for the wild card.

Think maybe the Yanks were loafing? Do they care which team makes the playoffs?"

I think you'll see something a little different tonight :wink:

PostPosted: September 28th, 2011, 1:41 pm 
Gypsy in the Palace

No. Of Shows Attended: 0
virgin prthd wrote:
prthd_dalton wrote:

And what is that? Yanks are going to use the bottom of the bullpen and all of the bench hitters, so the starters can be primed for what looks like Detroit on Friday. TB will probably win because they are most likely going with Price. I think what we will see tonight is this thread being locked after the Sox lose because there won't be 2011 Red Sox tomorrow. :duck: :lol:

PostPosted: September 28th, 2011, 10:11 pm 
Nothin' but a Breeze

virgin prthd wrote:
prthd_dalton wrote:

Nope, same old stuff. Sawx choke and Rays win the wild card.

PostPosted: September 28th, 2011, 10:42 pm 
Take Me to Your Blender!

coolbreeze2444 wrote:
virgin prthd wrote:
prthd_dalton wrote:

Nice sportsmanship Ken! THANKS :?

PostPosted: September 28th, 2011, 11:12 pm 
Nothin' but a Breeze

virgin prthd wrote:
coolbreeze2444 wrote:
virgin prthd wrote:
prthd_dalton wrote:

Awww, B, I'm sorry. I really am. That comment wasn't directed at you personally. I really do feel bad for you. If I could, I'd buy you a beer to console you. On the other hand, I really am glad the Sox lost. The media (especially ESPN) acts like there is no baseball outside of NY and Boston. It makes it REALLY hard to feel any sympathy for either of those teams. Now, if I had to choose between those two, I'd definitely root for the Sox. But I have to be honest with you, I'll never feel sorry for either one of those teams. That said, I really do feel bad for you, personally, B. It sucks big time to see your team get that close and then lose it.

PostPosted: September 29th, 2011, 6:10 am 
God's Own Drunk

No. Of Shows Attended: 26
JeffASaul wrote:
virgin prthd wrote:
prthd_dalton wrote:

And what is that? Yanks are going to use the bottom of the bullpen and all of the bench hitters, so the starters can be primed for what looks like Detroit on Friday. TB will probably win because they are most likely going with Price. I think what we will see tonight is this thread being locked after the Sox lose because there won't be 2011 Red Sox tomorrow. :duck: :lol:
Does this thread need to be locked or can we have some more fun with it? :dunno:

Lester Polyester wrote:
virgin prthd wrote:
NOT happening PIG! :whipit: :pray: :gaah: :gaah: :gaah: Here comes the hear attack and 2 strokes! :wave:
Something wrong with your ears? :hmm:

PostPosted: September 29th, 2011, 6:28 am 
Take Me to Your Blender!

Lester Polyester wrote:
JeffASaul wrote:
virgin prthd wrote:
prthd_dalton wrote:

Does this thread need to be locked or can we have some more fun with it? :dunno:

I say lock it. I'm not up for more abuse :cry:

PostPosted: September 29th, 2011, 6:31 am 
Take Me to Your Blender!

coolbreeze2444 wrote:
virgin prthd wrote:
coolbreeze2444 wrote:
virgin prthd wrote:
prthd_dalton wrote:

Awww, B, I'm sorry. I really am. That comment wasn't directed at you personally. I really do feel bad for you. If I could, I'd buy you a beer to console you. On the other hand, I really am glad the Sox lost. The media (especially ESPN) acts like there is no baseball outside of NY and Boston. It makes it REALLY hard to feel any sympathy for either of those teams. Now, if I had to choose between those two, I'd definitely root for the Sox. But I have to be honest with you, I'll never feel sorry for either one of those teams. That said, I really do feel bad for you, personally, B. It sucks big time to see your team get that close and then lose it.

:dunno:

PostPosted: September 29th, 2011, 7:28 am 
I am a person my parents warned me about

No. Of Shows Attended: 11
I feel for ya BBBBB. Brutal ending

PostPosted: September 29th, 2011, 7:35 am 
Take Me to Your Blender!

Air M'Ville Cap'n wrote:

Thanks Joshie! yeah, it's pretty tough to take :? good job by your Cards though! :wink:

PostPosted: September 29th, 2011, 7:39 am 
Gypsy in the Palace

No. Of Shows Attended: 0
Air M'Ville Cap'n wrote:

Agreed. Brutal ending for Sox fans. But the right one. Not for nothing, Boston did not deserve the postseason this year. You can't win only 7 games in September and expect to get into the playoffs. I would say that if the Yankees did the same thing. I feel bad for ya BBBBB and you know all the ribbing is in the spirit of the game. :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 244 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 17  Next