It is currently September 1st, 2014, 7:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: July 16th, 2011, 6:19 pm 
Quietly Making Noise

Thanks Bam Bam. Looks like it's gonna be a perfect day!!

PostPosted: July 18th, 2011, 12:27 pm 
Rookie

No. Of Shows Attended: 2
we went to kenny chesney and were there by 5... people had beer bong tables, grills... (i even had a BB gun i played with!!) there are so many people taking off work.. when will we know when we can go early??

PostPosted: July 20th, 2011, 6:28 am 
Brand New Country Star

No. Of Shows Attended: 8
For those of you keeping score at home, here's how it all went down:

We got there just before 3, were probably only the 12th car in Lot E (premium parking - it was worth it). We later learned they opened the lots at 1pm. The parking lot crew were already at their wit's end by 3 because they told everyone not to set up their tents in other parking spaces or aisles but nobody would listen to them, so they said they were leaving it up to the sheriff to handle. Lots of tents ended up being mostly over cars after that, somewhat defeating the purpose. Because we were the only people in our lot that actually paid attention to the crew, we made new friends quick. They told us we were free to set up in the grass between the lots so we got a prime location by the Margaritaville bus and spread out big time. (If you met a friend under the Time Flies When Having Rum flag, or noticed the Margaritaville cornhole boards or the girl with parrot-colored hair, that was us!) We got to see a free show from our perch as the sheriff's dept. kept making people move tents and put out grills - sad, really.

In addition to learning the actual opening time of the lots, the parking crew also told me that they would look the other way for grills, but that the police weren't so kind. Friends who parked in the grass lots had said they saw the mounted cops running around putting out grills as fast as they could. Definitely a more low key tailgate than I'm used to, but our party turned out to be excellent. People were very obviously drinking a lot, but always out of plastic cups from what I saw. We had the police drive by our party and stare us down several times, but they never cared. Honestly they were just too busy putting out the grills and moving tents.

So in the future - no grills, plastic cups, and go early to score a spot on the grass between the parking lots!

PostPosted: July 20th, 2011, 8:54 am 
I am a person my parents warned me about

No. Of Shows Attended: 11
Well glad to hear you had a good experience. Probably a little frustrating for those in the other places.

PostPosted: July 20th, 2011, 6:11 pm 
Rookie

No. Of Shows Attended: 1
We had a great time no issues. Party was perfect in the lot. The playlist was amazing.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

PostPosted: July 20th, 2011, 6:58 pm 
Brand New Country Star

No. Of Shows Attended: 8
Bankerparrot wrote:
We had a great time no issues. Party was perfect in the lot. The playlist was amazing.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

And who wasn't a sucker for seeing pictures of downtown Cleveland during Back Where I Come From?