It is currently October 20th, 2014, 8:11 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: New Buffett LP?
PostPosted: July 11th, 2011, 4:27 pm 
Gypsy in the Palace

HurricaneSeason wrote:
I've been searching but can't find it: Jimmy said he's thinking of only releasing some new songs via iTunes since no one "seems to be buying albums anymore" or some statement like that, which I find hard to believe since his LPs have been selling well. LTC and TTWWY sold really well and BH sold decently.

It's from the USA Today article about Buried Treasure.

PostPosted: July 12th, 2011, 5:01 pm 
Living My Life Like A Song

No. Of Shows Attended: 18
Ahhh! Thanks! That was driving me nuts!

I just read it. He talks about finding the songs from that studio. First Jimmy says "he", whoever he is, "found 74 original songs I forgot I had written".

Then he says "Some is cover stuff, but the original stuff there's probably about 20 songs that I had forgotten I had written."

We know it's not 94 songs, ha ha, and Buried Treasure is going to have "at least 20 original songs". So if there's going to be "at least 20 original songs" then what about the leftover 54 original songs? Ha ha ha ha ha.

Think he might be exaggerating a little bit (like how the liner notes in the various books say he's released 30 some albums when in fact he hasn't)?

Hopefully if he does decide to not release a LP he'll put up one minute samples of the iTunes songs so in case there is another PATEOTW or TUTHACTR I certainly don't want to make the mistake of buying it. :2gun:

PostPosted: July 12th, 2011, 9:20 pm 
One Step Ahead of The Jailer

The statements in the liner notes about Jimmy releasing 30 albums usually combine both studio and live releases to make the claim. Jimmy has released 26 studio albums and 15 live albums for a total of 41 which does not include the box set, SYKBH, Before the Beach, & Meet Me in Margaritaville.

PostPosted: July 14th, 2011, 6:58 pm 
Living My Life Like A Song

No. Of Shows Attended: 18
Including Rancho Deluxe and Don't Stop The Carnival (studio albums), Jimmy has released 28 LPs.