It is currently November 24th, 2014, 10:13 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: BuffettWorld Merchandise
PostPosted: April 30th, 2010, 7:52 pm 
Living My Life Like A Song

No. Of Shows Attended: 2
Hey Pholks! After hearing a suggestion yesterday, and talking a little with Josh, we've got a question for you. What would you guys think about having exclusive BuffettWorld merchandise? This could be anything from shirts to bumper stickers and anything in between. The shirts could be plain with lettering of have a design contest for a creative shirt. The shirts couldn't contain certain phrases of likenesses that resemble current Buffett shirts of albums, but baring that most anything goes. So, let's hear your input!

PostPosted: April 30th, 2010, 7:59 pm 
Will Play For Gumbo

No. Of Shows Attended: 420
:woot:

That's what I would want....front and center. From neck to waist.

virgin prthd wrote:
"oh Good! It's only gonna be about 4 inches"

virgin prthd wrote:
Holy shit now I can't remember how to put it in there!!!!

FruitCakeDawg wrote:
God I miss hardwood

virgin prthd wrote:
...find the hole and plug it up now!

PostPosted: April 30th, 2010, 8:18 pm 
Taking The Weather With Me

No. Of Shows Attended: 21
:PhinzUp: :PhinzUp: :PhinzUp:

PostPosted: May 1st, 2010, 10:43 pm 

Still looking for input or suggestions, what do you guys think?

PostPosted: May 2nd, 2010, 8:32 am 
Nothin' but a Breeze

No. Of Shows Attended: 4
:yay: :PhinzUp: :woot:

Great idea! And if it's done through Cafe Press or somewhere like that, there's no overhead to deal with. Lots of details to work out, of course, but I'm all for it and would be willing to help with it.

PostPosted: May 2nd, 2010, 8:49 am 
Waiting For The Next Explosion

No. Of Shows Attended: 13
Absolutely. I'd buy a hat and shirt :hula:

PostPosted: May 2nd, 2010, 2:30 pm 

coolbreeze2444 wrote:

Great idea! And if it's done through Cafe Press or somewhere like that, there's no overhead to deal with. Lots of details to work out, of course, but I'm all for it and would be willing to help with it.

Josh sent me the link to Cafe Press, and it looks like a really streamlined process. Has anybody used them before? I wonder who owns the rights to the shirt designs, are we locked into just using them for our printing needs? I definitely like how they manage the whole process, and the wide variety of items offered. I'd also like to know what is needed upfront, it seems like not much which would make it easier to manage a trial.

PostPosted: May 2nd, 2010, 4:50 pm 
Nothin' but a Breeze

No. Of Shows Attended: 4
JoeinMo wrote:
coolbreeze2444 wrote:

Josh sent me the link to Cafe Press, and it looks like a really streamlined process. Has anybody used them before? I wonder who owns the rights to the shirt designs, are we locked into just using them for our printing needs? I definitely like how they manage the whole process, and the wide variety of items offered. I'd also like to know what is needed upfront, it seems like not much which would make it easier to manage a trial.

According to their intellectual property rights disclaimer, the seller owns the intellectual property rights to their designs. Conversely, the seller is responsible for their content; if you rip off someone else's intellectual property (like Iron Man or Jimmy Buffett), you're liable, not Cafe Press. So, the designs could probably not use Jimmy Buffett's likeness, for example; but certainly, the BuffettWorld logo, parrotheads, etc. is fair game.

PostPosted: May 2nd, 2010, 9:10 pm 

coolbreeze2444 wrote:
JoeinMo wrote:
coolbreeze2444 wrote:

According to their intellectual property rights disclaimer, the seller owns the intellectual property rights to their designs. Conversely, the seller is responsible for their content; if you rip off someone else's intellectual property (like Iron Man or Jimmy Buffett), you're liable, not Cafe Press. So, the designs could probably not use Jimmy Buffett's likeness, for example; but certainly, the BuffettWorld logo, parrotheads, etc. is fair game.

The intellectual property rights make sense, and seem pretty fair to everybody and not one sided. Maybe we should start with a shirt design and see where it goes from there? One thought is we could have a contest once a year (Quarter or Month depending on interest) for the BuffettWorld signature shirt, take a design submissions and have the membership take a vote for the best design. I think this would keep the membership involved and it could lead to some very creative designs. Before this gets ahead of itself, I think I'll shoot a letter over to Cafe Press and see what they require initially to get the ball rolling. Anyway, keep the great ideas coming!

PostPosted: May 3rd, 2010, 7:15 am 
Unemployed Beach Bum

No. Of Shows Attended: 15
With Jimmy you will have to make sure that nothing that you sell has any thing that could like it to him so even selling something with Buffettworld on it could possibly be considered a trademark infringment as well as anything to do with Parrotthead, etc. The other thing to consider is will we sell enough of anything to make it worth while and worth the money.

Wishing I was still in St. John because I think I have found me a home.

PostPosted: May 3rd, 2010, 8:11 am 

jollymon345 wrote:
With Jimmy you will have to make sure that nothing that you sell has any thing that could like it to him so even selling something with Buffettworld on it could possibly be considered a trademark infringment as well as anything to do with Parrotthead, etc. The other thing to consider is will we sell enough of anything to make it worth while and worth the money.

Very true, there's several shirts already on the Cafe Press site that I wondered about. There are several with sayings such as 'Fins Up' and "I'm just a pirate looking at 40", not really sure how they worked around the legalities and such. The nice thing about Cafe Press is they don't actually make a certain number of shirts up at one time, they just make them as the orders come in. So, if there isn't much interest we're not left with a bunch of shirts.

PostPosted: May 3rd, 2010, 8:19 am 
Unemployed Beach Bum

No. Of Shows Attended: 15
JoeinMo wrote:
jollymon345 wrote:

Very true, there's several shirts already on the Cafe Press site that I wondered about. There are several with sayings such as 'Fins Up' and "I'm just a pirate looking at 40", not really sure how they worked around the legalities and such. The nice thing about Cafe Press is they don't actually make a certain number of shirts up at one time, they just make them as the orders come in. So, if there isn't much interest we're not left with a bunch of shirts.

But are they cost efficent doing it that way. A long time ago I used to work for a promotions company and the more you bought the less they cost so I wonder about doing them a few at a time.

Wishing I was still in St. John because I think I have found me a home.

PostPosted: May 3rd, 2010, 9:09 am 

This is from the FAQ section. Not really sure how they come up with the base price though.

Quote:
CafePress provides you with an opportunity to make your designs and products eligible for placement in the CafePress Marketplace*. Your shops are automatically eligible for the CafePress Marketplace, however, you can choose to opt your shops out of eligibility for the CafePress Marketplace through the "Shop Management" screen in your account. By opting into the CafePress Marketplace you are agreeing that:

* CafePress will determine the retail price for your products that are sold through the CafePress Marketplace (the retail price you set for your products in your Basic and/or Premium shops will remain the same).
* For all products sold through the CafePress Marketplace your sole commission for those sales will be ten percent (10%) of the retail price paid by the buyer** (for products sold through your Basic and/or Premium shops you will continue to earn commissions in accordance with the Shop Pricing Policy.
* Your products will be eligible for CafePress Affiliate Program driven sales.
* In order to keep designs fresh and of high quality as we launch new products, styles, and printing technologies, solely for designs that you are selling through the CafePress Marketplace: (i) CafePress may automatically add your designs to additional products in the CafePress Marketplace; and (ii) in order to improve the printing quality, CafePress may automatically modify your designs (e.g., cleaning up JPG artifacting, adjusting colors for different printers and products, and adjusting design placement on products).

PostPosted: May 3rd, 2010, 1:53 pm 
El Presidente for Life

Surfpirate uses Zazzle and I think he does so because it's better then cafepress on a lot of things. You might pm him and ask him about it.

I met the Invisible Man and I can prove it.
I had my picture taken with him.........

PostPosted: May 4th, 2010, 11:40 am 
On A Salty Piece Of Land

No. Of Shows Attended: 17
I think this is a great idea! I'm so excited! I dont' know why we didn't do it a long time ago! :woot: