It is currently September 23rd, 2014, 4:23 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: April 25th, 2010, 11:48 am 
Taking The Weather With Me

parrothead mania wrote:
jollymon345 wrote:
Sounds great to me. Some good songs pulled out and some songs done with a different sound that are good. Good show so far. Best of the year. :D

Only show so far, and the winter gigs don't count! :wink:

they do if it's the only show you've seen in 5 years... :whiteflag:

Scubajoe wrote:
Quit Bitchin' and just relax and enjoy the shows!! Not many tours left!

Kudos to you Scubajoe !

Image Image

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. "
~ Albert Schweitzer

PostPosted: April 25th, 2010, 4:52 pm 
Feels Like Goin' Surfing in a Hurricane

No. Of Shows Attended: 3
Scubajoe wrote:
Don't know if this was directed at me but I wasn't bitching about the show-I just said it didn't have anything that blew me away. Personally, I still wanna hear more new songs, like "Buffet Hotel." It can still happen-in 2007 the first show only had 2 songs from "Take the Weather with You" while the next show had 6.

We learned to stay cool from you

PostPosted: April 26th, 2010, 8:26 am 
On A Salty Piece Of Land

No. Of Shows Attended: 18
Mr. Other Me wrote:
Scubajoe wrote:
Don't know if this was directed at me but I wasn't bitching about the show-I just said it didn't have anything that blew me away. Personally, I still wanna hear more new songs, like "Buffet Hotel." It can still happen-in 2007 the first show only had 2 songs from "Take the Weather with You" while the next show had 6.

We heard all those songs last year. Personally, I dont need to hear them again. But, if I do I will still boogie woogie!!!

Show 17...July 11, 2010 Gulf Shores, Alabama
Show 18...August 12, 2010 Pittsburgh, Pa
Show 19...June 21, 2011 Pittsburgh, Pa

PostPosted: April 26th, 2010, 8:59 am 
Unemployed Beach Bum

No. Of Shows Attended: 15
Island Boy wrote:
Mr. Other Me wrote:
Scubajoe wrote:

We heard all those songs last year. Personally, I dont need to hear them again. But, if I do I will still boogie woogie!!!

I think between all the shows last year the whole album was played.

Wishing I was still in St. John because I think I have found me a home.

PostPosted: April 26th, 2010, 9:03 am 
On A Salty Piece Of Land

jollymon345 wrote:
Island Boy wrote:
Mr. Other Me wrote:
Scubajoe wrote:

I think between all the shows last year the whole album was played.

That was his plan I believe....time to move on!! :D

PostPosted: April 26th, 2010, 1:02 pm 
Rookie

No. Of Shows Attended: 40
I have front row seats for the Nashville show and I honestly wished I had not listened to the Tampa show as it really just did not do a THING for me.

The ONLY songs worth listening to were Cuban Crime of Passion and Everybody's Talkin'. All the other songs (except for covers) could have been heard from last year's show from multiple cities.

And like the other poster mention above about Zac Brown band...yeah, they sound good...but geez man...couldn't you play Ringling, Ringling or something old instead of a freakin' cover off a new and up and coming band. Hell, if I wanted to hear Zac Brown, I would have driven over to the Suwanne Music Fest and heard it LIVE !

Unless Jimmy changes...this is my last show...$160 for a setlist that contains about 4 songs that I really want to hear...equal total failure to me... Keep the songs Jimmy and I'll keep my "change"...

PostPosted: April 26th, 2010, 8:27 pm 
Gypsy in the Palace

No. Of Shows Attended: 1
Nice set list for Tampa :PhinzUp:

Awesome to see Knees of my Heart, Frank and Lola,
Bank of Bad Habits, If the Phone doesn't Ring
come out of the vault. :hula: :hula:

Nadirah singing Creola had to be killer :peace:

PostPosted: April 26th, 2010, 9:36 pm 
I am a person my parents warned me about

No. Of Shows Attended: 11
My experience is that I always enjoy the set list no matter what it is when I'm at the show. It's easy to criticize though when you are at home listening, and I do it too.

PostPosted: April 26th, 2010, 10:05 pm 
Last One Standing

No. Of Shows Attended: 10
I'm going to offer up a theory, and I want feedback on it. The Tampa setlist, while I thought it was outstanding, was way too random. There were hardly any songs that fit the "Big Top" theme, and Jimmy normally selects songs, or at least a good handful, that fit the year's theme. With that in mind, I think there may be a reason for that in he is planning to switch the set up some each show and play different songs. If you also notice, there only seem to be 4-5 shows in each leg, and longer gaps in between than is normal, so could it be that the extra time will be used to rehearse more different songs? I mean, as much as it thrilled me to hear "If the Phone Doesn't Ring......." and "Cuban Crime of Passion," they hardly fit the theme of the tour. This is just a hypothesis, and we'll find out soon enough.

What sayeth you all? :hmm:

PostPosted: April 27th, 2010, 6:19 am 
Feels Like Goin' Surfing in a Hurricane

No. Of Shows Attended: 3
But what songs fit a circus theme? I can't think of any other than "Big Top." Since Jimmy likes to do covers, he should learn this one-a real circus song that I think Jimmy could do a great job on.

Wild Billy's Circus Story

We learned to stay cool from you

PostPosted: April 27th, 2010, 6:32 am 
On A Salty Piece Of Land

Mr. Other Me wrote:
But what songs fit a circus theme? I can't think of any other than "Big Top." Since Jimmy likes to do covers, he should learn this one-a real circus song that I think Jimmy could do a great job on.

Wild Billy's Circus Story

Carnival World
Ringling, Ringling (town was named after the circus family)

I know it is a stretch. The thing that hurts his set list is that Jimmy went from having the Big 8 to having the big 15 it seems. Throw in 3-4 covers, a song each by Mac, Ilo, and Nadira, a new album to promote, and that leaves such little room to wiggle.

I say this, Mr. Buffett........

No Mac, Ilo, and Nadira (or maybe one per night).
1 cover only, if any.
Make the big 15 back to the big 8 (or rotate them and do 8 at a time).
Finally, rotate songs from the new album. He knows that prople listen online and bootleg the crap out of his shows.

He thanks the fans over and over again, this would be a great way to say thank you!!

This all being said, it would indeed be MUCH easier to pick 27 songs and stick with them like he does. He would sell out his shows if he went up there and farted into the microphone so........

These are my thoughts.

PostPosted: April 27th, 2010, 8:02 am 
I am a person my parents warned me about

No. Of Shows Attended: 11
Island Boy wrote:
He would sell out his shows if he went up there and farted into the microphone so........

:spew:

PostPosted: April 27th, 2010, 9:09 am 
El Presidente for Life

Air M'Ville Cap'n wrote:
Island Boy wrote:
He would sell out his shows if he went up there and farted into the microphone so........

:spew:

I'm not so sure he's selling everything out.
Have you all noticed just how many people have been coming in to try to sell tickets to the various shows below cost???

I met the Invisible Man and I can prove it.
I had my picture taken with him.........

PostPosted: April 27th, 2010, 9:34 pm 
Last One Standing

No. Of Shows Attended: 10
parrothead mania wrote:
I'm going to offer up a theory, and I want feedback on it. The Tampa setlist, while I thought it was outstanding, was way too random. There were hardly any songs that fit the "Big Top" theme, and Jimmy normally selects songs, or at least a good handful, that fit the year's theme. With that in mind, I think there may be a reason for that in he is planning to switch the set up some each show and play different songs. If you also notice, there only seem to be 4-5 shows in each leg, and longer gaps in between than is normal, so could it be that the extra time will be used to rehearse more different songs? I mean, as much as it thrilled me to hear "If the Phone Doesn't Ring......." and "Cuban Crime of Passion," they hardly fit the theme of the tour. This is just a hypothesis, and we'll find out soon enough.

Hmmm, after tonight me thinks I might be onto something here :wink:

PostPosted: April 28th, 2010, 12:41 pm 
Taking The Weather With Me

parrothead mania wrote:
parrothead mania wrote:

Hmmm, after tonight me thinks I might be onto something here :wink:

I suspect he'll be rehearsing his long board..not songs (old or new) for the set list..

of course, I could be wrong...

Image Image

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. "
~ Albert Schweitzer

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next