It is currently October 24th, 2014, 1:43 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: November 3rd, 2007, 11:05 am 
On A Salty Piece Of Land

:wave: Hi Don.! :D How U B?

I saw something on the news that somewhere in Washington,st. People had stolen a bunch of gnomes and the police found them all in one field or yard and now are trying to find the people they were stolen from so they can send the gnomes home. There are something like 200 hundred homeless gnomes that need a home.

Quote:
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~Winston Churchill

HUG YOUR VET! REMEMBER VETERANS!!! POW MIA,YOU ARE NOT FORGOTTEN!

PostPosted: November 3rd, 2007, 11:06 am 
Take Me to Your Blender!

Pair8head wrote:
Just the two of you today? Where the heck is the rest of the world??

Hi Don :wave: I don't know, I'm starting to get a complex :lol:

PostPosted: November 3rd, 2007, 11:07 am 
Take Me to Your Blender!

Hi Sam :wave: I'm too busy raising money for Fruity's benefit...we'll tackle Moonie's cause next :wink: NOW SEND ME THE DAMNED ORANGES AND SATSUMAS!!! :whipit:

PostPosted: November 3rd, 2007, 11:09 am 
El Presidente for Life

Sam wrote:

I saw something on the news that somewhere in Washington,st. People had stolen a bunch of gnomes and the police found them all in one field or yard and now are trying to find the people they were stolen from so they can send the gnomes home. There are something like 200 hundred homeless gnomes that need a home.

75 lawn decorations including gnomes. It happened in Oregon

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/337 ... ource=mypi

Funny prank though.

I met the Invisible Man and I can prove it.
I had my picture taken with him.........

PostPosted: November 3rd, 2007, 11:26 am 
On A Salty Piece Of Land

virgin prthd wrote:
Hi Sam :wave: I'm too busy raising money for Fruity's benefit...we'll tackle Moonie's cause next :wink: NOW SEND ME THE DAMNED ORANGES AND SATSUMAS!!! :whipit:

We know you are great at multitasking and works best underpressure. 8) :lol: :lol:

When I do, WHAT are you going to send ME? LOBSTAH???? :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA :lol: :lol: :duck: :duck: :duck:

I am not about to take any off the tree until after at least the first good freeze here. They will have a good flavor but they will be sour as all get out. If you know what I mean.

Quote:
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~Winston Churchill

PostPosted: November 3rd, 2007, 11:39 am 
On A Salty Piece Of Land

Pair8head wrote:
Sam wrote:

Funny prank though.

My bad!!! :redface: :redface: I thought they said Washington.....Oh well.

Yep it was funny what is funny I think it was the author Terry Brooks that some characters called "Go Home Gnomes" in some of the books.
I immediately thought of those characters, when I saw the news teaser about the gnomes needing a home.
Yes it was a funny prank.

Didn't someone REALLY steal one a while back and take various pictures of the gnome around America or the World, and send them back to the owner??? I am not sure if that really happened or not. No I am not talking about the "Travel Velocity Gnome". Not sure if or when this supposedly or actually happened...maybe in the 80s or 90s....

Quote:

PostPosted: November 3rd, 2007, 12:04 pm 
El Presidente for Life

Sam wrote:
Pair8head wrote:
Sam wrote:

Funny prank though.

Yep it was funny what is funny I think it was the author Terry Brooks that some characters called "Go Home Gnomes" in some of the books.
I immediately thought of those characters, when I saw the news teaser about the gnomes needing a home.

Didn't someone REALLY steal one a while back and take various pictures of the gnome around America or the World, and send them back to the owner??? I am not sure if that really happened or not. No I am not talking about the "Travel Velocity Gnome". Not sure if or when this supposedly or actually happened...maybe in the 80s or 90s....

Yeah, it happened. A little old ladys garden gnome disapeared one night and returned over a year later sitting on a stack of photos of the gnome in front of tourist attractions all over the world. She ended up on the Carson show and that's how I heard about it. I saw that show and thought to myself, "Dang why didn't I think of that?"

PostPosted: November 3rd, 2007, 12:23 pm 
On A Salty Piece Of Land

Pair8head wrote:
Sam wrote:
Pair8head wrote:
Sam wrote:

Funny prank though.

Yeah, it happened. A little old ladys garden gnome disapeared one night and returned over a year later sitting on a stack of photos of the gnome in front of tourist attractions all over the world. She ended up on the Carson show and that's how I heard about it. I saw that show and thought to myself, "Dang why didn't I think of that?"

Thanks Don...I was about 80% sure it happened, but not positive it had happened. one of those type things.....
Damn Don we think too much alike.

I "know of" some people, that were involved in things ( I wasn't involved at all!) but they never bothered to persue them for the greater good as was done with the gnome. A friend that has a manatee for a mailbox or Shonnee's (sp)/ Bob's "Big Boy" were mysteriously taken.....but were later discovered/found/recovered unharmed... no fotos though. Damn they blew an awesome opportunity.

Quote:

PostPosted: November 3rd, 2007, 2:45 pm 
El Presidente for Life

I am outta here.

PostPosted: November 3rd, 2007, 2:49 pm 
On A Salty Piece Of Land

Have a good funfilled and safe weekend, Don!

Quote:

PostPosted: November 3rd, 2007, 4:35 pm 
Waiting For The Next Explosion

No. Of Shows Attended: 13
virgin prthd wrote:
Pair8head wrote:

:wave: I was at work :( Saw some Thanksgiving talk back on the first page. wife and I are going to Golden Corral Buffet for their Thanksgiving buffet dinner. No cooking happening since she only has that day off.

PostPosted: November 3rd, 2007, 4:58 pm 
Taking The Weather With Me

AdamBomb8 wrote:
virgin prthd wrote:
Pair8head wrote:

:wave: I was at work :( Saw some Thanksgiving talk back on the first page. wife and I are going to Golden Corral Buffet for their Thanksgiving buffet dinner. No cooking happening since she only has that day off.

I'm sure we'll do the T'giving thing here, at home, build a fire on the bluff, watch the river go by... :rockon:

I have the week off...I'm off the 12th for Veterans Day, work 4 days, then off the week of T'giving...God Bless the Public School System... :Toast:

Image Image

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. "
~ Albert Schweitzer

PostPosted: November 3rd, 2007, 5:18 pm 
On A Salty Piece Of Land

AdamBomb8 wrote:
virgin prthd wrote:
Pair8head wrote:

Speaking of Golden Corral, Veteran's Day is coming up and they will feed any veteran for FREE and has continously done so every Veteran's Day since the year 2000.

Golden Corral works on the Honor system of anyone claiming Veteran Status eats for free during certain hours, and also supports the DAV.

For more information go here: http://www.goldencorral.com/military/

Another restaurant that feeds veterans for free in Honor of Veteran's Day, is McCormick and Schmik's. You will need your DD-214 or AD or Ret. Military ID here. I have not found a link providing any info on them doing so this year but they normally do. Check with them if you have one in your area. There is not one in my local area.

Quote:

PostPosted: November 4th, 2007, 6:52 am 
Waiting For The Next Explosion

No. Of Shows Attended: 13
:wave: Happy Sunday, off to work :(

PostPosted: November 4th, 2007, 7:37 am 
Take Me to Your Blender!

Good morning all :wave: big day for football watching in New England today! GO PATS :woot:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next