Very Important Message regarding the Jokelben 2.0 server!!!

Share and obtain recordings of Jimmy's concerts
urlcenter

Very Important Message regarding the Jokelben 2.0 server!!!

Post by urlcenter » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:43 am

To users of BuffettWorld who download shows from the Jokelben 2.0 server located on pCloud please be advised that the server has been server has been temporarily locked down by Sunlover as of earlier this afternoon!!

The reason for this decision by Sunlover is connected to the other message posted in this forum regarding concert videos being sold on Ebay.

Since the discovery of the concert videos for sale on Ebay, Sunlover and I have been checking Ebay almost daily looking for new concert video postings.

Sunday morning I discovered a posting for an item that advertises a link to over 200 Jimmy Buffett shows in MP3 format. The description of the contents of the link for sale are virtually identical to the current contents of the Jokelben 2.0 server. Part of description of the link for sale says shows from 1974-1997 this matches all of the pre-Radio Margaritaville shows currently on Jokelben 2.0. The Ebay description also states that the link will allow the downloading of either full shows or individual live tracks from shows which again is identical to Jokelben 2.0.

After discovering this Ebay listing I immediately PM'd Sunlover and he too became concerned so concerned that he decided to lock down and password protect the server until the Ebay auction for the link expires. Unfortunately the Ebay auction for the link has another 6 days to run so the server will be locked down for this coming week. None of the content of the server has been lost everything in both audio and video formats is intact. Sunlover's FTP server is not effected by the Jokelben 2.0 lock down.

In closing I will repeat what I posted in the earlier message regarding concerts for sale on Ebay and that is that Neither Sunlover, Casterghost or myself profit in any way from our efforts to maintain and or upload content to the Jokelben 2.0 server. It is deeply troubling that this profiteering is going on an even more worrisome that the entire Jokelben server may be being offered for sale

Krypton_Son
Number of Buffett shows attended: 22

Re: Very Important Message regarding the Jokelben 2.0 server!!!

Post by Krypton_Son » Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:03 pm

I really love having these freely available. I've been meaning to copy them for myself in case they ever go away. There are always those people who ruin it for the rest of us. is there any way to control the access to it? Maybe a way to only let some people be able to access it? I would hate to see that happen, but it might keep the bad ones away.

EDIT: Nevermind, looks like you've done just that. I guess I could have looked at the other post. Thanks for safeguarding these, it's a great resource that I'd hate to loose.

djparrot
Number of Buffett shows attended: 10

Post by djparrot » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:00 am

Am I missing something - the password on the page following the home page, which then copied and pasted, doesn't work. (?) Thanks for all your hard work!

SunLover

Post by SunLover » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:34 pm

djparrot wrote:Am I missing something - the password on the page following the home page, which then copied and pasted, doesn't work. (?) Thanks for all your hard work!
Sorry about that. I'm doing some maintenance on it. It will be back up soon.

Cyber-Surfer
Number of Buffett shows attended: 3

Post by Cyber-Surfer » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:11 am

SunLover wrote:
djparrot wrote:Am I missing something - the password on the page following the home page, which then copied and pasted, doesn't work. (?) Thanks for all your hard work!
Sorry about that. I'm doing some maintenance on it. It will be back up soon.
Any eta on when it will be available again? Still getting the invalid password after going to the access page...

Thanks,
CS

JBLCENAFAN
Number of Buffett shows attended: 0

Post by JBLCENAFAN » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:32 pm

It's not working for me !

urlcenter

Post by urlcenter » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:21 pm

JBLCENAFAN wrote:It's not working for me !
The server is down for maintenance at the moment which is why it is not accessible, it will be back up soon

Cyber-Surfer
Number of Buffett shows attended: 3

Post by Cyber-Surfer » Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:27 am

So Sunlover said he was doing some maintenance on the server on the 18th, it's now the 20th (21st depending on your timezone) so I was wondering would it be possible to get an official update, or ETA on when access will be restored?

Thanks,

CS

urlcenter

Post by urlcenter » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:33 pm

Cyber-Surfer wrote:So Sunlover said he was doing some maintenance on the server on the 18th, it's now the 20th (21st depending on your timezone) so I was wondering would it be possible to get an official update, or ETA on when access will be restored?

Thanks,

CS
It is up to Sunlover when the server will be back up