Kirsten on Radio Margaritaville

Discuss anything related to Jimmy Buffett. Find more specific categories below
grumpycrab
Number of Buffett shows attended: 3

Kirsten on Radio Margaritaville

Post by grumpycrab » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:01 am

Anyone know why Kirsten has disappeared from RM?

jollymon345

Re: Kirsten on Radio Margaritaville

Post by jollymon345 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:06 pm

She is out on maternity leave. She had a baby about a week or 2 ago. Apparently for some reason nobody on RM feels the need to talk about it but then again they do seem to not talk about anything current. I have thought for years that the only one that is live is JD. It's like they are all taping stuff months in advance and playing it at later dates. I am really starting to get over RM because of the mistakes I hear on there. The Friday before the Wrigley Show they played promos about the St. Louis show tomorrow night.

grumpycrab

Post by grumpycrab » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:09 am

I really appreciate your response. I certainly respect her right to privacy but it's like she went incommunicado. I didn't know if she'd been fired or if she had passed away. She's not my favorite DJ but when things drastically change suddenly it makes one curious. I'm also getting dissatisfied with a lot of the music. Except for the JB songs, most of the stuff has no relation to the "Margaritaville Lifestyle". I understand that I can change the channel and often do. Beachfront radio is good sometimes but they play some stuff that sounds like crap. Sometimes I think if you mention the beach or anything tropical in a song you can get play on there. Some really bad stuff. Oh well, thanks for the info!

SharkysMV1
Number of Buffett shows attended: 9

Post by SharkysMV1 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:38 am

grumpycrab wrote:I really appreciate your response. I certainly respect her right to privacy but it's like she went incommunicado. I didn't know if she'd been fired or if she had passed away. She's not my favorite DJ but when things drastically change suddenly it makes one curious. I'm also getting dissatisfied with a lot of the music. Except for the JB songs, most of the stuff has no relation to the "Margaritaville Lifestyle". I understand that I can change the channel and often do. Beachfront radio is good sometimes but they play some stuff that sounds like crap. Sometimes I think if you mention the beach or anything tropical in a song you can get play on there. Some really bad stuff. Oh well, thanks for the info!
Agreed, thanks for the info above.

I would also say i'm in agreement with this sentiment on RM. While JD used to be my least favorite DJ on RM, he seems to be the only one who really digs deep into Jimmy's archive. Also, does anyone else notice how often BEG and Southern Cross get played throughout the day? Way too often for my liking.

Back in the day, Sunny Jim, Scott Kirby, and sometimes Jim Morris would comment about how excited they would be to hear their songs on RM. I can't remember the last time I heard one of their songs on there. Sad.
"A little Cape Cod sand oozing out of my shoes..."

grumpycrab

Post by grumpycrab » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:41 pm

RM did used to play much more of the TropRock genre than they do now. I think this was when Steve Huntington was the program director. Whenever Kirsten moved into that role it seems they transitioned away from the TropRock. Now RM seems to play a lot of Van Morrison and old Motown music. Not exactly what I would consider part of the laid back tropical persona. I think if I hear that Sturgill Simpson song one more time my ears will start to bleed. As I said before though, I have the option to change the channel. JD is also my favorite as he seems to really enjoy his time on air. I will still listen when the internet stream works. Has been down for two days and seems to be down very often. Hope they can work on that because it makes work go by much faster.