Coconut Telegraph Newsletter?

Discuss anything related to Jimmy Buffett. Find more specific categories below
LastMangoInLA
Number of Buffett shows attended: 5

Coconut Telegraph Newsletter?

Post by LastMangoInLA » Thu May 18, 2017 7:01 pm

Anyone know why JB stopped publishing in 2013? Was cleaning around my turntable the other day, and I forgot I collected all of them underneath the console. Wish we still could get those quarterly! I guess everything's starting to wind down for him.

And also -- whatever happened with those Nashville recordings he discovered back from the late 60s / early 70s that he was going to publish? Another dead project?

Hope all is well with everyone -- have my tickets to Margaritaville the Musical in June, and concert tickets for October in San Diego!

jollymon345

Re: Coconut Telegraph Newsletter?

Post by jollymon345 » Fri May 19, 2017 5:52 am

The Coconut Telegraph went the way of a lot of print media. It's gone. With everything being online either here, Margaritaville or other websites the need for a print one is gone. For a little while they used to do an emailed one but I haven't seen one of them in well over a year. Probably the cost of doing it versus the value of doing it wasn't worth it so they probably stopped that.

As far as the recordings I would chalk that up to another one of the "projects" JB said he was working on and never did. If we took count we would probably be up to about 10-15 things he said was coming and never did.

urlcenter

Post by urlcenter » Sat May 20, 2017 11:59 am

LastMangoInLA wrote:Anyone know why JB stopped publishing in 2013? Was cleaning around my turntable the other day, and I forgot I collected all of them underneath the console. Wish we still could get those quarterly! I guess everything's starting to wind down for him.

And also -- whatever happened with those Nashville recordings he discovered back from the late 60s / early 70s that he was going to publish? Another dead project?

Hope all is well with everyone -- have my tickets to Margaritaville the Musical in June, and concert tickets for October in San Diego!
There is a recent Youtube video of an interview with Jimmy's 1st producer Travis Turk in which he discusses those recording and there release. The name of the release is "Buried Treasure" and according to the interview with Travis Turk it is coming out this year

https://youtu.be/tQSUuIoPFWk

LastMangoInLA
Number of Buffett shows attended: 5

Post by LastMangoInLA » Mon May 22, 2017 1:09 pm

urlcenter wrote:
LastMangoInLA wrote:Anyone know why JB stopped publishing in 2013? Was cleaning around my turntable the other day, and I forgot I collected all of them underneath the console. Wish we still could get those quarterly! I guess everything's starting to wind down for him.

There is a recent Youtube video of an interview with Jimmy's 1st producer Travis Turk in which he discusses those recording and there release. The name of the release is "Buried Treasure" and according to the interview with Travis Turk it is coming out this year

https://youtu.be/tQSUuIoPFWk
Well fingers crossed, thanks for the tip!

HurricaneSeason
Number of Buffett shows attended: 12

Post by HurricaneSeason » Tue May 30, 2017 4:27 pm

Seeing that https://www.margaritaville.com/about-jimmy is up to date for 2004, it makes perfect sense that any of the projects JB has talked about don't ever happen.

jollymon345

Post by jollymon345 » Tue May 30, 2017 7:02 pm

HurricaneSeason wrote:Seeing that https://www.margaritaville.com/about-jimmy is up to date for 2004, it makes perfect sense that any of the projects JB has talked about don't ever happen.
The bio's on the band members are just as old if not older. It's sad that nobody has updated that.

HurricaneSeason

Post by HurricaneSeason » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:04 pm

Isn't that weird?

JB records video of him surfing and flying and etc yet the stupid website is 13 years behind.

jollymon345

Post by jollymon345 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:49 pm

HurricaneSeason wrote:Isn't that weird?

JB records video of him surfing and flying and etc yet the stupid website is 13 years behind.
The people who run everything apparently haven't caught up to Jimmy yet.

Krypton_Son
Number of Buffett shows attended: 22

Post by Krypton_Son » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:08 am

Sounds like they need a new website manager.

HurricaneSeason

Post by HurricaneSeason » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:17 pm

Krypton_Son wrote:Sounds like they need a new website manager.
LESS RESORTS, MORE UP-TO-DATE CONTENT!