Was It A Drunken Dream?

Just registered? Post a topic here to introduce yourself!
gpseamermaid
Number of Buffett shows attended: 30

Was It A Drunken Dream?

Post by gpseamermaid » Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:40 am

Hello Everyone!

I have been a Buffet fan since 1977!!! While a freshman in college at Western Carolina University in Cullowhee, NC I attended my first Jimmy Buffet Concert in the gym there! I had heard of him and begged my roomie to go with me. Been a faithful Parrot Head since then. The only problem is I can find no archived information, no ticket stub, no t-shirt or anything about this "concert". Did anyone else attend or was it just a "drunken dream" of mine?

Air M'Ville Cap'n
Site Admin
Number of Buffett shows attended: 12

Re: Was It A Drunken Dream?

Post by Air M'Ville Cap'n » Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:32 pm

Welcome to BW! :finsup:

Cap'n Mickey
Number of Buffett shows attended: 1

Post by Cap'n Mickey » Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:21 pm

Hey I know the town of Cullowee! My daughter almost went to WCU. She chose UNCG because Cullowee was so isolated. Nice campus though. Great school!

Vol1955
Number of Buffett shows attended: 1

Post by Vol1955 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:22 pm

I also attended that concert. It was on a Thursday evening. I am almost positive (95 percent sure) it was on 11-3-77, though, it could have been on 10-27-77. It was on one of those dates. Jesse Winchester was the opening act.

Margaritaville was a hit that summer, but Buffett was not yet a "major" act, though he was on the cusp of being one, and was by the following summer. This was the only time I ever saw Buffett and my favorite concert of all time.