The first Buffett album you heard ?

Discuss anything related to Jimmy Buffett. Find more specific categories below
Coolbreeze2444
Number of Buffett shows attended: 5

Re: The first Buffett album you heard ?

Post by Coolbreeze2444 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:49 am

I've told this story before, but I think it was the old forum, so I'm telling it again. My daughter is a Buffett fan, too, having gone to her first Buffett concert when she was 11. Her first album was probably "Beach House on the Moon." It came out about a month before her third birthday. I thought I was good about skipping over "Math Suks" when she was in the car with me, but apparently, I was wrong because "Math Suks" came on and just before Jimmy says "math sucks" for the first time, I hit the skip button and my daughter says, "Math sucks!" right where it was supposed to go. :lol:

In September, 2012, when she was 16, she fainted at school and hit the back of her head on a concrete floor causing a severe concussion and complete amnesia. She didn't know me, her mom, nobody. She didn't remember anything. Ten days after that happened, she was going stir crazy sitting at home, so we took a little road trip to my sister's house, who lived about 3 hours away. "Cheeseburger in Paradise" came on and when the chorus came around, Sarah belted out "I like mine with lettuce and tomato, Heinz 57 and french fried potatoes! I REMEMBER IT!!! PLAY IT AGAIN!" So, we played it 3 or 4 more times and she remembered the whole song. Then she said, "Play something else I know." So I played 10 or 12 songs from various artists that I knew she liked and she didn't remember all of them, but she remembered most of them. After that, her memory started returning. It took months, but it finally came back, mostly. There are still a few things that happened before her concussion that she doesn't remember or is kind of hazy on, but nothing that's important. So, as maligned as "Cheeseburger" is by some people, it's one of my favorites! :finsup:
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort." - Herm Albright

Parrothead Mania
Number of Buffett shows attended: 11

Post by Parrothead Mania » Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:23 pm

The first Buffett album I heard from start to finish was "Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays." I was 15 years old in 2000 (Man, I'm getting old!), and I decided to buy it on a whim not knowing much about Jimmy's music outside of "Come Monday" and "Margaritaville." That live album hooked me for good, especially "Tin Cup Chalice" which I credit with being the one song that turned me into a true Parrothead. To this day that album holds a soft spot in my heart. :salute:
There are jobs and chores and questions and plates I need to twirl, but tonight I'll take my chances on the far side of the world

slimerbacca
Number of Buffett shows attended: 13

Post by slimerbacca » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:41 pm

The Yellow album, then Banana Wind