Grilled Pineapple + Nutmeg Infused Rum

Get those hot lines a-hummin' and chat with other board members
limejohnny

Grilled Pineapple + Nutmeg Infused Rum

Post by limejohnny » Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:19 pm

In another post, I mentioned making Grilled Pineapple + Nutmeg Infused Rum. A few people have asked me about it now, so I thought I'd share.

First off, a mason jar of fruit-infused liquor makes for the ultimate boat or bonfire drink. A very social thing: take one down and pass it around. I've had especially good luck with it around the head table at weddings as well.

It's also ridiculously easy to do. I've done all kinds of combinations: Tequila/grapefruit/Cointreau/brown sugar, Brandy/black plums/bitters, vodka/raspberries, etc. But my personal favorite is Rum/grilled pineapple/nutmeg/bitters/lime.

Basically, throw it all in a mason jar and put it in the fridge for a few weeks/months and you're there. I also just posted a video on the particulars if you're interested in some more detail:

http://bringlimes.com/the-good-stuff/20 ... nfused-rum

I highly recommend throwing together a few jars' worth. It's the perfect activity for those with bartender/chef/mad scientist tendencies.
There are beaches and bonfires inside us. www.bringlimes.com

Air M'Ville Cap'n
Site Admin
Number of Buffett shows attended: 12

Re: Grilled Pineapple + Nutmeg Infused Rum

Post by Air M'Ville Cap'n » Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:38 pm

That sounds pretty delicious :yay:

limejohnny

Re: Grilled Pineapple + Nutmeg Infused Rum

Post by limejohnny » Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:00 am

Air M'Ville Cap'n wrote:That sounds pretty delicious :yay:
It really is. Like "pour it over ice cream" delicious. Like "gimme another jar and I think I lost my pants" delicious.
There are beaches and bonfires inside us. www.bringlimes.com