Random JB Collections

Talk about anything here that doesn't fit anywhere else
SharkysMV1
Number of Buffett shows attended: 9

Random JB Collections

Post by SharkysMV1 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:28 am

A few years ago I was wandering a clothing store (wasting time while my wife was shopping) and came across a hat I instantly recognized from a pic of Jimmy I had seen. I figured it would be a good purchase, not to mention another reason: now in my mid-30s, I have slowly become follically challenged, which actually started in my early 20s. Anyway, I bought it, and added it to my hat collection. As the years have gone on, I have seen pics of Jimmy in other cool hats, so I've decided to try to add the same hats to my collection, if I can find them. Kind of a strange collection/hobby, I know, but not outrageously expensive. And, I do wear them in rotation anyway.

Does anyone else have a JB-type of collection? Albums, shirts, ticket stubs, etc.?
"A little Cape Cod sand oozing out of my shoes..."

Air M'Ville Cap'n
Site Admin
Number of Buffett shows attended: 12

Re: Random JB Collections

Post by Air M'Ville Cap'n » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:11 pm

Jimmy has pretty good style and I would wear the same hats, glasses, some of the shirts, if I could find them. Course I haven't really looked too hard.

Back in college I went on a record buying binge and bought all of Jimmy's LP's off eBay, except for Down to Earth since it goes for so much money. All of the others, even in mint condition, weren't pricey.

Belleair Bob
Number of Buffett shows attended: 0

Post by Belleair Bob » Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:01 pm

I don't really have such a collection, but I do notice he has lots of cool tees. He's a very stylish guy. I don't look like him, and I'm only 39, but I think his look is something most normal guys could pull off.

I doneed to get more Florida-type clothes. I am wearing a Crossfit Fort Pierce tee. Simple and comfy. I'm not sure FP is really anywhere JB would hang out. Maybe I need a CrossFit KeyWest tee. KW is closer to Margaritaville, I think.

What about Harley. Is he a Harley fan? I'm not into motorcycles, but I love their dealer tees.

Air M'Ville Cap'n
Site Admin
Number of Buffett shows attended: 12

Post by Air M'Ville Cap'n » Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:23 pm

I don't think he's a motorcycle guy. Don't recall ever hearing him talk about them or seen him wearing anything that would be motorcycle type clothing

SharkysMV1
Number of Buffett shows attended: 9

Post by SharkysMV1 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:21 pm

I agree, it appears as though he goes for the comfortable, yet still put-together look when not on stage. He has been frequently spotted wearing Johnnie-O polo shirts and JCrew-style shorts. The Johnnie-O polos are great - heavy t-shirt material and extremely comfortable. You can find them at a discount on the 'bay.

yeah, i'm a 30-something following a late 60s-year-old for fashion advice...
"A little Cape Cod sand oozing out of my shoes..."

goreds2
Number of Buffett shows attended: 40

Post by goreds2 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:00 pm

I have a 1994 Tour Sign advertising Jimmy at Buckeye Lake (Ohio). I got it at a garage sale for 4 bucks!! Will try to post a picture sometime.