Hiya!!! And a question for the experts!

Just registered? Post a topic here to introduce yourself!
limejohnny

Hiya!!! And a question for the experts!

Post by limejohnny » Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:13 pm

Wow, I've been lurking here forever. Thanks to all of you for the smiles.

I have a question for the pro's... do you guys have any favorite parrot-vibe websites (after buffetworld and margaritaville of course)? I'm buried in work these days and could use some distractions. Google ain't cutting it. Doesn't need to be Jimmy-specific. Could be rum, island lifestyle, beach culture, whatever. ???
There are beaches and bonfires inside us. www.bringlimes.com

urlcenter

Re: Hiya!!! And a question for the experts!

Post by urlcenter » Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:40 am

try buffettnews

Air M'Ville Cap'n
Site Admin
Number of Buffett shows attended: 12

Post by Air M'Ville Cap'n » Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:22 pm

urlcenter wrote:try buffettnews
:lol: hey now

limejohnny

Post by limejohnny » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:34 am

Air M'Ville Cap'n wrote:
Hey boss, I realized after I posted that my question might be a little weird. Feel free to remove. No worries either way!

Air M'Ville Cap'n
Site Admin
Number of Buffett shows attended: 12

Post by Air M'Ville Cap'n » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:52 am

limejohnny wrote:
Air M'Ville Cap'n wrote:
Hey boss, I realized after I posted that my question might be a little weird. Feel free to remove. No worries either way!
Nah it's alright. Welcome to the forum! :toast:

Coolbreeze2444
Number of Buffett shows attended: 5

Post by Coolbreeze2444 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:29 pm

Yep. Welcome aboard! :toast: We don't do much censoring around here except for spam or something that's just really hateful and mean; so feel free to ask questions. I kind of got a chuckle out of urlcenter suggesting BuffettNews because if you type "BuffettWorld" over there, it won't show up, it's been censored. Plus, several of us around here have gotten kicked out of BN for speaking our minds. That said, there really are some good people over there and several who are upstanding members of both communities.

Anyway, you should search Buffett on Facebook. There are several pages there for him, including ours.
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort." - Herm Albright

limejohnny

Post by limejohnny » Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:53 pm

Hey all,

Thanks for the replies! For the record, I get my Buffett fix from BuffetWorld, from Jimmy's facebook page, and from re-reading A Pirate Looks at 50 like a hundred times.

I was really asking about sites that suit our parrotheaded constitution, but aren't Buffett specific. Since I couldn't quite find what I was looking for, I decided to start one up. Just a personal site with ruminations on all things beachy and bonfire-y (http://www.bringlimes.com). Cuz summer is awesome. And life has its moments too. Not selling anything other than that. Anyway, thanks again. Carry on!

SharkysMV1
Number of Buffett shows attended: 9

Post by SharkysMV1 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:59 pm

limejohnny wrote:Hey all,

Thanks for the replies! For the record, I get my Buffett fix from BuffetWorld, from Jimmy's facebook page, and from re-reading A Pirate Looks at 50 like a hundred times.

I was really asking about sites that suit our parrotheaded constitution, but aren't Buffett specific. Since I couldn't quite find what I was looking for, I decided to start one up. Just a personal site with ruminations on all things beachy and bonfire-y (http://www.bringlimes.com). Cuz summer is awesome. And life has its moments too. Not selling anything other than that. Anyway, thanks again. Carry on!
Just checked that site out, i really like it! Only thing I would suggest, would be rum/drink reviews/recipes!
"A little Cape Cod sand oozing out of my shoes..."

limejohnny

Post by limejohnny » Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:32 pm

SharkysMV1 wrote:
limejohnny wrote:Hey all,

Just checked that site out, i really like it! Only thing I would suggest, would be rum/drink reviews/recipes!
Thanks much! As for the rum/drink reviews/recipes, I got 6 words for ya: "Grilled-pineapple-and-nutmeg-infused Rum." I've had jars of it resting in the fridge for about a month. Gonna give it another week or so and then do a properly slurred how-to post. Holy man it's good.