Take A Date To The Concert?

Tour date announcements and rumors
jollymon345

Re: Take A Date To The Concert?

Post by jollymon345 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:44 am

I always take a date and my wife to the concert! My wife loves going and looking at the people as much or more than I do so I have no issues. However I have gone with other people where the wife gets jealous because of all the bikini babes or whatever so if she gets jealous and isn't thrilled to go I say leave her home!

UNCLEDARYL
Number of Buffett shows attended: 6

Post by UNCLEDARYL » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:51 am

Way too much drama. At 50 years old, you should never have to explain or justify yourself to others.

ksmike
Number of Buffett shows attended: 1

Post by ksmike » Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:57 pm

My vote is not to take a date unless you have a rock solid trusting relationship with her.
Booze, and eye candy everywhere.... its a recipe for disaster. Have been with friends that have done it and they always regret it. :banghead:

Go with your buds and you wont have to have your blinders on. :banana:

goreds2
Number of Buffett shows attended: 40

Post by goreds2 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:12 am

(I am the original poster) Well, we did not talk for a week regarding this. We are not going to talk about it until the Cinci June date gets closer. Play by ear.

goreds2

Post by goreds2 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:43 pm

goreds2 wrote:Sorry if I posted in wrong thread. I need opinions please.

I will be attending my 40th Buffett show this year. I never usually take a date. I was married 15 years and only took my wife to two shows due to it being mainly a guys night out event.

I never "fouled around" during those shows without her. With all the shows I have been to, I have always seen couples after a few drinks get into arguments which prompted me not to take a date. I have been single for 8 years and had not taken my girlfriend who I dated for about 6 years.

I have dated my current girlfriend for 17 months and today I asked her to go. I thought she would be thrilled. Instead of being positive, she said, "are you going to be staring at girls the entire time?" She can be jealous at times. My feeling is, if she is going to have a bad attitude going with me, I might as well have her mad and I should just go by myself and not having to worry about her ruining my night. I have never flirted with any lady while with or without her during our relationship so she has no reason to be concerned about me in my opinion. My initial mistake was telling her some story's of tailgating and there being wet t-shirt contests without the t-shirts etc.

I am not going to ruin my 30 year tradition.

What can I say to her to have a better attitude? We do both love each other. She is 52 years young (and hot) and I am 51.

She should not be so insecure! I have told her that if she went out with the girls, I would just hold my breath and let her go as I trust her.

Thanks in advance.
(I am the original poster) Well, when I have talked to her about going the past few weeks, instead of embracing it, she has criticized it. I told her today that it is just going to be a guys night out since no other wives are going etc. She said she is going out on the town then since I am. I told her she should but I would be disappointed if she did anything foolish. It is amazing that we are a great couple otherwise. If she wants to break up over this, she must not be the girl for me. I cannot let it worry me. Just go with the flow. :finsup:

Air M'Ville Cap'n
Site Admin
Number of Buffett shows attended: 12

Post by Air M'Ville Cap'n » Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:25 am

goreds2 wrote: (I am the original poster) Well, when I have talked to her about going the past few weeks, instead of embracing it, she has criticized it. I told her today that it is just going to be a guys night out since no other wives are going etc. She said she is going out on the town then since I am. I told her she should but I would be disappointed if she did anything foolish. It is amazing that we are a great couple otherwise. If she wants to break up over this, she must not be the girl for me. I cannot let it worry me. Just go with the flow. :finsup:
Women, smdh

goreds2

Post by goreds2 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:39 am

Air M'Ville Cap'n wrote:My wife gives me crap every time. She doesn't care to go. I just grit my teeth and deal with the crap for a couple days until she forgets about it.
I had a great time in Cincinnati not having to stress out over my girlfriend acting up. Yeah, it will take a couple of days (or weeks) for her to get over this but it should be fine.

Coolbreeze2444
Number of Buffett shows attended: 5

Post by Coolbreeze2444 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:48 am

goreds2 wrote:
Air M'Ville Cap'n wrote:My wife gives me crap every time. She doesn't care to go. I just grit my teeth and deal with the crap for a couple days until she forgets about it.
I had a great time in Cincinnati not having to stress out over my girlfriend acting up. Yeah, it will take a couple of days (or weeks) for her to get over this but it should be fine.
Glad you had a great time! Hope things work out with the GF! That was a crazy reaction on her part. Women! But what do I know? I've been divorced for 14 years. :lol:
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort." - Herm Albright

matt
Number of Buffett shows attended: 5

Post by matt » Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:45 pm

C4Parrothead wrote:Hell yes...take a date! Let her enjoy our Parrothead culture! If she can't hang, wouldn't you rather know now?? She could (and should) love it & then you have another "thing" together. Enjoy! :finsup:
Heck yes take a date, ONLY if it won't ruin the show. This concert is more inportant than a weak relationship.