Essential Live Shows?

Share and obtain recordings of Jimmy's concerts
FinsUp609
Number of Buffett shows attended: 2

Essential Live Shows?

Post by FinsUp609 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:37 pm

Hi everybody! Just discovered this site and server of live shows. What a collection!

I was wondering if anyone could share their knowledge of any "essential" or "legendary" Buffett shows that are on this server?

Thanks for any help I can get!

urlcenter

Re: Essential Live Shows?

Post by urlcenter » Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:28 pm

FinsUp609 wrote:Hi everybody! Just discovered this site and server of live shows. What a collection!

I was wondering if anyone could share their knowledge of any "essential" or "legendary" Buffett shows that are on this server?

Thanks for any help I can get!
It's hard to say what is or isn't essential or legendary on the server, as everyone has his or her own opinions about what is on the server. Buffett fans have there own definitions of what is either essential or legendary some like to have copies of shows they attended. Others want shows were Jimmy performed certain songs live that he does not tend to perform very often, some just want to hear a certain set list Jimmy performed. Finally there those die hard Buffett collectors who just like to collect Jimmy's shows.

I can provide information pertaining to the audio quality of the recordings on the server which is as follows:

All shows dated from before March 1999 are pre Radio Margaritaville recordings
All shows dated from March 1999 to May 2005 are recorded from internet broadcasts on Radio Margaritaville
All shows dated from June 2005 to the present are recorded from Radio Margaritaville on Sirius XM radio
Several shows recorded from Radio Margaritaville between 1999 and 2005 have been upgraded via concert replays from Radio Margaritaville on Sirius XM radio
Many of the pre radio Margaritaville shows are from various sources including radio station broadcasts, audience recordings and or low quality concert bootlegs

There also several non concert items on the server including collections of rare and hard to find songs and a few bootlegs that were found on commercially released CD's over the years

FinsUp609

Post by FinsUp609 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:52 pm

Great, thank you for the info! That definitely puts what is on the server into more perspective.

Another question if you don't mind, do you know of any fully acoustic shows in the server? I've already discovered a show from 1983 that was acoustic and I found some shows from 2013 with little acoustic sets in the middle of the shows. And of course, I own the great "Encores" album. Just looking for some more acoustic Jimmy!

urlcenter

Post by urlcenter » Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:07 pm

FinsUp609 wrote:Great, thank you for the info! That definitely puts what is on the server into more perspective.

Another question if you don't mind, do you know of any fully acoustic shows in the server? I've already discovered a show from 1983 that was acoustic and I found some shows from 2013 with little acoustic sets in the middle of the shows. And of course, I own the great "Encores" album. Just looking for some more acoustic Jimmy!
The three acoustic shows that come to mind are the 1999 Sag Harbor Show and the 2000 and 2001 East Hampton NY shows, these were acoustic benefit shows Jimmy performed for the Montessori Schools

Air M'Ville Cap'n
Site Admin
Number of Buffett shows attended: 12

Post by Air M'Ville Cap'n » Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:24 pm

urlcenter wrote: The three acoustic shows that come to mind are the 1999 Sag Harbor Show and the 2000 and 2001 East Hampton NY shows, these were acoustic benefit shows Jimmy performed for the Montessori Schools
I second this. The East Hampton shows are what came to mind when I saw the subject of this topic.

Parrothead Mania
Number of Buffett shows attended: 11

Post by Parrothead Mania » Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:01 am

Air M'Ville Cap'n wrote:
urlcenter wrote: The three acoustic shows that come to mind are the 1999 Sag Harbor Show and the 2000 and 2001 East Hampton NY shows, these were acoustic benefit shows Jimmy performed for the Montessori Schools
I second this. The East Hampton shows are what came to mind when I saw the subject of this topic.
I'll third that. The East Hampton shows are pretty good quality and the set lists are unbelievable! Definitely a must have! :finsup:

And to answer your question, download the Boarding House show from San Diego, dated 1975. It's pretty legendary and remarkable quality for being 40 years old! Also, the 1995 show from Atlanta is great quality and has a great set list. Those are just two that come to mind, but there are many others. My advice is, play around on the serve, try out some of the shows, and pick the ones you like and have fun! There's so much great music on there you could go on for days :banana:
There are jobs and chores and questions and plates I need to twirl, but tonight I'll take my chances on the far side of the world

urlcenter

Post by urlcenter » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:52 am

I'll add the two KSAN radio shows from 1974 and the Exit Inn show from 1974 all three are excellent quality for 40 year old show

FinsUp609

Post by FinsUp609 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:59 pm

Thank you all for the information, I'm going to download these shows now. Can't wait to listen!

SharkysMV1
Number of Buffett shows attended: 9

Post by SharkysMV1 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:37 pm

Great recommendations so far! I would also like to add the shows with Jerry Jeff Walker, Lulu's in 2001(?), and the two 1999 shows from Mansfield, MA (some of these songs were featured on Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays).

There are some other gems on Jokelben, but you may have to deal with lower quality recordings to hear these (Bora Bora and Fremantle, AUS come to mind).

That should get you started...

Another good option would be to download the shows that are local to you from each tour. You'll get a good sample of what they were playing that year on tour, plus a lot of local flavor thrown in.
"A little Cape Cod sand oozing out of my shoes..."