Hugo Duarte passes.

Discuss anything related to Jimmy Buffett. Find more specific categories below
parrotheadcase
Number of Buffett shows attended: 4

Hugo Duarte passes.

Post by parrotheadcase » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:30 am

Not exactly sure who this is but he had worked with Jimmy and some of the Reefers...so young..sail on.
http://portcitydaily.com/2014/11/10/obi ... rs-taylor/

Nice new forum BTW.
...tonight I just need my guitar.

Air M'Ville Cap'n
Site Admin
Number of Buffett shows attended: 12

Re: Hugo Duarte passes.

Post by Air M'Ville Cap'n » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:23 am

Hmm, I'm not familiar with him either. Sail on...

Coolbreeze2444
Number of Buffett shows attended: 5

Post by Coolbreeze2444 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:47 am

From hugoduarte.com:
"It was in those early Key West years that Hugo met and developed a professional friendship with the Calypso Poet, Jimmy Buffett. Over the years Buffett would call or stop by when he was in town, often sitting in with Hugo and the band. They occasionally shared the stage at a locally owned bar called Del Rios, which today is the site of the original Margaritaville Bar and Restaurant."

So, he and Jimmy apparently go way back.
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort." - Herm Albright

jollymon345

Post by jollymon345 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:48 am

Yeah him and Jimmy go way back and he was still around doing concerts until he was diagnosed with cancer. He has several albums on ITunes and was always playing at a lot of Parrothead type events. He was a really good dude. Very nice and always willing to talk to his fans. Hell if you could play he would even sit in with you and play. He never made it big like Jimmy but he had a good following. One thing you could always count on was if you were a friend of his whether in life or followed him on Facebook was on your birthday you would always get a message from him. There are so many others that have a lot more stories of him then I ever will but he would do house shows and would stay with his "friends" and some of those were the best times. He would talk and tell stories all night. He never got a big head and was always down to earth. He will be missed big time. Sail on Dude!