Buffett album releases in the month of March

Discuss anything related to Jimmy Buffett. Find more specific categories below
HavanaMatt
Number of Buffett shows attended: 1

Buffett album releases in the month of March

Post by HavanaMatt » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:08 am

Why not take a look back at a couple albums that were released in the month of March :finsup: :finsup:

Son of a Son of a Sailor
Released in March of 1978, reached #10 on the Billboard 200 album chart and #6 on the
Billboard Top Country Albums chart. The album was also certified "Platinum" by the RIAA.

3 singles from the album charted including "Cheeseburger in Paradise" (#32 on the Billboard Hot 100),
"Livingston Saturday Night" (#52 Hot 100; #91 on the Billboard Hot Country Singles chart), and
"Mañana" (#84 Country).

Far Side of the World
Released in March of 2002. It was his first studio album released on his own record label, Mailboat Records.

Interesting note - the Far Side album cover was originally a photo of Jimmy, wearing a turban and sitting
on a camel. It was changed and the release subsequently delayed following 9/11.

Live in Hawaii
This live album was recorded at the Waikiki Shell in Honolulu, Hawaii on January 28, 2004 and the
Maui Arts & Cultural Center in Kahului, Hawaii on January 30, 2004. It was released in March 2005
on 2 compact discs on Mailboat 2109.
Daydreamin' with a license to chill down at the La De Dah

urlcenter

Re: Buffett album releases in the month of March

Post by urlcenter » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:51 am

One quick note the Live and in Hawaii set also included a DVD

HurricaneSeason
Number of Buffett shows attended: 12

Post by HurricaneSeason » Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:29 am

I have the LIVE IN HAWAII version that came out right before or right after LICENSE TO CHILL did, with the DVD. The edition that has all the songs listed on the back came out in stores in '005.

HurricaneSeason

Post by HurricaneSeason » Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:32 am

I saw - and still see! - nothing wrong with the original cover of FAR SIDE OF THE WORLD.

Air M'Ville Cap'n
Site Admin

Post by Air M'Ville Cap'n » Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:54 am

HurricaneSeason wrote:I saw - and still see! - nothing wrong with the original cover of FAR SIDE OF THE WORLD.

A little hypersensitive at the time apparently. I don't think anyone would have a problem with that now.

urlcenter

Post by urlcenter » Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:05 pm

HurricaneSeason wrote:I have the LIVE IN HAWAII version that came out right before or right after LICENSE TO CHILL did, with the DVD. The edition that has all the songs listed on the back came out in stores in '005.
The version of Live in Hawaii that came out in 2004 was available only via mail order from MailBoat Records and the DVD was in a paper envelope. The version that was released to stores in 2005 was a tri-fold package so the DVD did not have to be in the paper envelope

HavanaMatt
Number of Buffett shows attended: 1

Post by HavanaMatt » Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:13 pm

HurricaneSeason wrote:I saw - and still see! - nothing wrong with the original cover of FAR SIDE OF THE WORLD.

1st time ever seeing that original cover, don't really see nothing wrong with it either. ;)
Daydreamin' with a license to chill down at the La De Dah

HurricaneSeason

Post by HurricaneSeason » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:25 am

urlcenter wrote:
HurricaneSeason wrote:I have the LIVE IN HAWAII version that came out right before or right after LICENSE TO CHILL did, with the DVD. The edition that has all the songs listed on the back came out in stores in '005.
The version of Live in Hawaii that came out in 2004 was available only via mail order from MailBoat Records and the DVD was in a paper envelope. The version that was released to stores in 2005 was a tri-fold package so the DVD did not have to be in the paper envelope
Yeah! I was pleased when it showed up in the mail. I've meant to get the store version but haven't. I took the MINI-MATINEE and made it a double disk and put the LIH DVD in with it.