Why isn't anyone talking about Jimmy taking a break next year?

Tour date announcements and rumors
wiscoparrothead
Number of Buffett shows attended: 10

Why isn't anyone talking about Jimmy taking a break next year?

Post by wiscoparrothead » Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:36 pm

He said on a radio interview in Texas that he would take a break from touring after this year. I don't see him firing it back up after touring for 30 years and then taking a break.

urlcenter

Re: Why isn't anyone talking about Jimmy taking a break next year?

Post by urlcenter » Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:18 pm

wiscoparrothead wrote:He said on a radio interview in Texas that he would take a break from touring after this year. I don't see him firing it back up after touring for 30 years and then taking a break.
Since that interview, he has ended quite a few concerts by telling the concert goers that he will "See You Next Year" which has lead many to believe he might have changed his mind

SharkysMV1
Number of Buffett shows attended: 9

Post by SharkysMV1 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:40 pm

This has been on my mind for awhile this summer as well. I'm guessing he will still play a handful of big shows, but not as many as usual. He might even sprinkle some smaller shows (a la the Boston HOB show) here and there as well. I'm just not fully convinced he will scale touring completely back. However, he will be 70, and I have always thought he has every right to cut back on touring if needed.

Personally, I have taken a few years off from seeing him come to Mansfield/New England. It's been more and more an expensive proposition for me, along with some other reasons. But, if he were to do a small venue tour, i'd be the first in line trying to get tickets.
"A little Cape Cod sand oozing out of my shoes..."

urlcenter

Post by urlcenter » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:03 am

SharkysMV1 wrote:This has been on my mind for awhile this summer as well. I'm guessing he will still play a handful of big shows, but not as many as usual. He might even sprinkle some smaller shows (a la the Boston HOB show) here and there as well. I'm just not fully convinced he will scale touring completely back. However, he will be 70, and I have always thought he has every right to cut back on touring if needed.

Personally, I have taken a few years off from seeing him come to Mansfield/New England. It's been more and more an expensive proposition for me, along with some other reasons. But, if he were to do a small venue tour, i'd be the first in line trying to get tickets.
Jimmy has already mentioned a return trip to Australia for next year so we shall see

chicagobuffer
Number of Buffett shows attended: 19

Post by chicagobuffer » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:41 pm

Went to the Buffett concert at Alpine Valley in East Troy, WI on Saturday night. He said 3 things to make me think that he will be back at Alpine next year. He said "we'll be back" midway through the show, then during "One Particular Harbor" when he sings "One day I will disappear" he yelled "Not yet!, not yet! not yet!" 3 times (which he has never done at any of the 20 shows I've been to) and then at the end of the concert he said "see you next year". So right now I'm assuming that he will maybe cut down on some tour dates, but still do some. We'll see....

Air M'Ville Cap'n
Site Admin
Number of Buffett shows attended: 12

Post by Air M'Ville Cap'n » Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:11 pm

Yeah maybe he'll just scale down the amount of shows he does. I hope not. Hope he keeps on going!

He used to get asked about retirement, and he'd say "retire from what?!"

HurricaneSeason

Post by HurricaneSeason » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:40 am

Seeing that the big money he makes is the summer shed tours perhaps he'll only do May - September, which would be scaling it back.

Air M'Ville Cap'n
Site Admin

Post by Air M'Ville Cap'n » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:59 pm

I'm not sure what to make of Jimmy playing Australia in mid April. He's usually kicking off normal tour at that time. So I'm not sure if this is a departure from his normal tour or if he'll do Australia and then head back to US and get going.

urlcenter

Post by urlcenter » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:31 am

Air M'Ville Cap'n wrote:I'm not sure what to make of Jimmy playing Australia in mid April. He's usually kicking off normal tour at that time. So I'm not sure if this is a departure from his normal tour or if he'll do Australia and then head back to US and get going.
The last few years Jimmy has started the new tour in late May while finishing the previous tour in April

Deuce
Number of Buffett shows attended: 9

Post by Deuce » Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:02 pm

Somebody I know was down in Gulf Shores last summer ended up having dinner with his sister. She said that from what she understands is that he is basically going to take what he would normally do in 1 summer and spread it out over the next 2.