Take A Date To The Concert?

Tour date announcements and rumors
goreds2
Number of Buffett shows attended: 40

Take A Date To The Concert?

Post by goreds2 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:27 pm

Sorry if I posted in wrong thread. I need opinions please.

I will be attending my 40th Buffett show this year. I never usually take a date. I was married 15 years and only took my wife to two shows due to it being mainly a guys night out event.

I never "fouled around" during those shows without her. With all the shows I have been to, I have always seen couples after a few drinks get into arguments which prompted me not to take a date. I have been single for 8 years and had not taken my girlfriend who I dated for about 6 years.

I have dated my current girlfriend for 17 months and today I asked her to go. I thought she would be thrilled. Instead of being positive, she said, "are you going to be staring at girls the entire time?" She can be jealous at times. My feeling is, if she is going to have a bad attitude going with me, I might as well have her mad and I should just go by myself and not having to worry about her ruining my night. I have never flirted with any lady while with or without her during our relationship so she has no reason to be concerned about me in my opinion. My initial mistake was telling her some story's of tailgating and there being wet t-shirt contests without the t-shirts etc.

I am not going to ruin my 30 year tradition.

What can I say to her to have a better attitude? We do both love each other. She is 52 years young (and hot) and I am 51.

She should not be so insecure! I have told her that if she went out with the girls, I would just hold my breath and let her go as I trust her.

Thanks in advance.

Coolbreeze2444
Number of Buffett shows attended: 5

Re: Take A Date To The Concert?

Post by Coolbreeze2444 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:24 pm

I usually take my daughter, actually, but I've taken dates twice. The first time was my first JB concert in 1991. The second time was a few years ago after being divorced for several years. We had a ball both times. We just soaked up the atmosphere and had a great time. The second time, when my date and I were both in our 40's, we both people watched. I mean, what's the harm of checking out a hot 20-something? It's not like she's going to ditch her boyfriend for me so I can cheat on my date.
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort." - Herm Albright

C4Parrothead
Number of Buffett shows attended: 30

Post by C4Parrothead » Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:44 am

Hell yes...take a date! Let her enjoy our Parrothead culture! If she can't hang, wouldn't you rather know now?? She could (and should) love it & then you have another "thing" together. Enjoy! :finsup:

goreds2

Post by goreds2 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:32 am

Not looking good for her to go. We got into another disagreement over this. Unreal - :dunno:

sirgumby77
Number of Buffett shows attended: 25

Post by sirgumby77 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:53 pm

goreds2 wrote:Not looking good for her to go. We got into another disagreement over this. Unreal - :dunno:

Ouch..... Just do not let her guilt you into not going to the show at all...

Air M'Ville Cap'n
Site Admin
Number of Buffett shows attended: 12

Post by Air M'Ville Cap'n » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:22 pm

My wife gives me crap every time. She doesn't care to go. I just grit my teeth and deal with the crap for a couple days until she forgets about it.

goreds2

Post by goreds2 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:49 am

Thanks for the replies again. I will not let her guilt me into not going.

Air M'Ville Cap'n, I guess I am not the only one taking heat on going to the show.

I guess I was spoiled by my former girlfriend and ex-wife before the former girlfriend being cool about this.

She has no respect for this 30 year tradition that I have getting together with my college buddies.

We have not spoken to each other since Monday morning. Nothing more I can do. She can either deal with it or break up. We do not live together.

I am too old (51) to be dealing with this. :banghead:

I will keep you all up to date on As the Buffett World Turns. :)

Coolbreeze2444
Number of Buffett shows attended: 5

Post by Coolbreeze2444 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:34 am

I hear ya. I'm 50. I'm not currently seeing anyone, in part because I have no time for drama. If a woman doesn't have it out her system at this point, she probably never will. I hope things work out for you, though, man. It would be a crazy thing to break up over.
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort." - Herm Albright

goreds2

Post by goreds2 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:42 am

Coolbreeze2444 wrote:I hear ya. I'm 50. I'm not currently seeing anyone, in part because I have no time for drama. If a woman doesn't have it out her system at this point, she probably never will. I hope things work out for you, though, man. It would be a crazy thing to break up over.
Not just the Buffett thing. There are some of my friends she does not like and lets me know. I get along with her friends and family for her sake but she does not return the favor. :dunno:

Air M'Ville Cap'n
Site Admin
Number of Buffett shows attended: 12

Post by Air M'Ville Cap'n » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:58 pm

goreds2 wrote: I will keep you all up to date on As the Buffett World Turns. :)
:lolabove: