Baltimore??

Tour date announcements and rumors
Gotfins33
Number of Buffett shows attended: 30

Baltimore??

Post by Gotfins33 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:28 am

I've been living in Baltimore all of my life, and I have NO idea why JB is coming here.. Downtown Baltimore is NOT the place to see him for sure, especially in that arena. I will go, because I am a huge fan, but I have also secure my tix for Camden, where at least it's outside in a pavillion! Does anyone know why he's stopping in "Harm City"? He hasn't played here. ever. Not to mention we just took over the top spot as most dangerous city in the country.

urlcenter

Re: Baltimore??

Post by urlcenter » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:39 am

Gotfins33 wrote:I've been living in Baltimore all of my life, and I have NO idea why JB is coming here.. Downtown Baltimore is NOT the place to see him for sure, especially in that arena. I will go, because I am a huge fan, but I have also secure my tix for Camden, where at least it's outside in a pavillion! Does anyone know why he's stopping in "Harm City"? He hasn't played here. ever. Not to mention we just took over the top spot as most dangerous city in the country.
Jimmy trying to play in places he does not normally or has not normally played in before as way of expanding his roster of tour stops

jollymon345

Post by jollymon345 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:37 pm

urlcenter wrote:
Gotfins33 wrote:I've been living in Baltimore all of my life, and I have NO idea why JB is coming here.. Downtown Baltimore is NOT the place to see him for sure, especially in that arena. I will go, because I am a huge fan, but I have also secure my tix for Camden, where at least it's outside in a pavillion! Does anyone know why he's stopping in "Harm City"? He hasn't played here. ever. Not to mention we just took over the top spot as most dangerous city in the country.
Jimmy trying to play in places he does not normally or has not normally played in before as way of expanding his roster of tour stops
I am completely dumbfounded and confused as to why he is playing Royal Farms Arena. I know that for about the last 10 years ago he had been in off and on talks to play either M&T or Oriole Park but nothing ever happened. One year it was all done except putting signatures on paper for him to play Camden Yards and the Orioles backed out. The Rolling Stones were also going to play Camden Yards that same year the following weekend but the Orioles backed out of both of them and no explanation was ever given.

urlcenter

Post by urlcenter » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:59 am

jollymon345 wrote:
urlcenter wrote:
I am completely dumbfounded and confused as to why he is playing Royal Farms Arena. I know that for about the last 10 years ago he had been in off and on talks to play either M&T or Oriole Park but nothing ever happened. One year it was all done except putting signatures on paper for him to play Camden Yards and the Orioles backed out. The Rolling Stones were also going to play Camden Yards that same year the following weekend but the Orioles backed out of both of them and no explanation was ever given.
For starters it has been 15 years since Jimmy played in Maryland with his last show at the Merriweather Post Pavilion in 2003. Second Jimmy's Broadway show "Escape to Margaritaville" is about to open so geographically speaking he can travel from NY to Baltimore in one day and not be too far away from the Broadway show. There are as of now only 2 shows March both under the 2017 Tour Name which makes them the concluding shows of that tour. Jimmy has always done February-March shows as warm-ups for the next tour usually in Florida however again with the Broadway show he is choosing to stay closer to NY