New Jimmy Bio Book

Discuss anything related to Jimmy Buffett. Find more specific categories below
Seaburgh
Number of Buffett shows attended: 1

New Jimmy Bio Book

Post by Seaburgh » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:13 pm

Amazon is showing a book to be released in May, "Jimmy Buffett - A Good Life All The Way" by Ryan White. Anybody have any background or info on this project? I doubt Jimmy's involved with this, so I'm curious to see how in depth it gets. Jimmy's always written so much himself, I've always thought it'd be interesting to get an all-encompassing bio from an author from the outside looking in, so I'm kind of looking forward to this.

https://www.amazon.com/Jimmy-Buffett-Go ... my+buffett

HurricaneSeason
Number of Buffett shows attended: 12

Re: New Jimmy Bio Book

Post by HurricaneSeason » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:12 pm

The Jimmy Buffett Scrap Book is probably the best book regarding non-Buffett (and associated) written books. It's a bit heavy handed with the Parrothead crap but it's a (seemingly) well rounded history of JB.

Steve Eng's book was decent but also heavy handed with trite ridiculous cute smarmy Parrotheadisms.

Those 2 books are so old but so what, right?

iansmith
Number of Buffett shows attended: 2

Re: New Jimmy Bio Book

Post by iansmith » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:36 am

HurricanneSeason wrote:The Jimmy Buffett Scrap Book is probably the best book regarding non-Buffett (and associated) written books. It's a bit heavy handed with the Parrothead crap but it's a (seemingly) well rounded history of JB.

Steve Eng's book was decent but also heavy handed with trite ridiculous cute smarmy Parrotheadisms.

Those 2 books are so old but so what, right?
It'll be worth a read when it comes out I'm sure. I hope it's not a let down.
You can always count on Phallosan Forte for great results.