50 Albums?

Discuss anything related to Jimmy Buffett. Find more specific categories below
HurricaneSeason
Number of Buffett shows attended: 12

50 Albums?

Post by HurricaneSeason » Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:32 am

Anyone know how that can be?

27 studio albums
14 live albums (including the Texas one)

That's 41 not including RANCHO DELUXE, which is essentially a studio album but whatever.

If the official compilations were included SYKBH would be 1, BEFORE THE BEACH would be 1, BBBB and MMIM would be counted as 6 albums... and throw in the 2 Margaritaville albums that total comes to 51 (53 if one wanted to count BEFORE THE SALT).

But those don't count. Unless... he's counting them.

I dunno. Maybe he's counting Margaritaville Cafes...

Ctsearay
Number of Buffett shows attended: 9

Re: 50 Albums?

Post by Ctsearay » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:30 pm

Somethings fishy

Coolbreeze2444
Number of Buffett shows attended: 5

Post by Coolbreeze2444 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:28 am

BuffettWorld lists 44 albums. Wikipedia has 52, including the" Margaritaville Cafe: Late Night Menu" albums and a couple compilation albums I never heard of. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Buffett_discography

Margaritaville.com lists 48 albums.

Math sux.
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort." - Herm Albright

HurricaneSeason
Number of Buffett shows attended: 12

Post by HurricaneSeason » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:47 am

That's what was said on NBC when Jimmy played there recently.

I know I did this count before but I'm doing it again just... because.

It's just a strange number. When people talk about how many albums someone has, they mean studio albums.

That would be 27 LPs.

9 of his 12 live albums are double albums - so that's 21 albums technically.

27+21=48

or if you just count them as a release then...

27+12=39

5 compilations... unless you don't count BEFORE THE SALT, which was "basically" reissued as BEFORE THE BEACH. BTS was a double album - so was BTB technically but it never got released on vinyl (to my knowledge) and it was a single CD record. MMIM is, of course, a double album. BBB&B is 4 albums.

So, including all the double album releases as double albums, that would be:

10+48=58 if you count the live double albums as 2 albums

or

10+39=49 as live albums being releases

or, and this is strictly counting releases without numbers ie BBB&B, MMIM etc as a single release each:

27+12+5=44

To any of them, add 2 because of the two sountracks HOOT and RANCHO DELUXE and it is only 50 if you count the 27 LPs and the live albums including counting doubles as doubles and it's...

FIFTY.

But those aren't "his" albums.

Well, I suppose, in whatever world he counts 50 (probably the same world that he thinks Frank Bama said "the best navigators are not quite sure where they're going until they get there...and then they're still not sure" when... Frank Bama didn't say that) that 'TIS THE SEASON will be album 51.