What year was the Primo Parrothead Party Tour?

Discuss anything related to Jimmy Buffett. Find more specific categories below
VegasHoo
Number of Buffett shows attended: 20

What year was the Primo Parrothead Party Tour?

Post by VegasHoo » Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:09 pm

Got a nice T at an estates sale in mint condition but was wondering what year the Primo Parrothead Party Tour was. Great graphics on the front. On the back it says New Orleans June 12, Atlanta June 26, and Buckeye Lake Ohio August 21. Thanks.

jollymon345

Re: What year was the Primo Parrothead Party Tour?

Post by jollymon345 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:29 pm

I don't think any tour was ever named that. There doesn't seem to be any record anywhere of a tour with that name. It may just be a shirt that got printed up but wasn't an official tour name.

VegasHoo

I guess it depends on the definition of "tour"

Post by VegasHoo » Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:04 pm

IMO a tour is a series of concerts in different venues, i.e. not a "one off". I know there are more tours than you find listed in most web sites which have only JB's major annual tour. For example, there was a "No Passport Required" tour in 2000 that played 5 cities on the west coast, including Vegas (I've got that shirt too), but you won't find it on most tour lists. I sure the Primo Parrothead tour existed. I just want to find out what year.

VegasHoo

I have a partial answers

Post by VegasHoo » Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:56 pm

The shirts in question list dates of select cities included in an annual tour. The Primo Parrot Head Party 3 dates coincide with the 1993 Chameleon Caravan Tour (Note they are not consecutive shows). The No Passport Required shirt coincides with the end of the Beach House on the Moon Tour that was played in April of 2000 (not 1999). So for that shirt, did they change the name of the tour since it was played in 2000 prior to the 2000 "Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays" tour? Another possibility is that these shirts were produced by the fan club that held a special party at those locations (they don't coincide with Margaritaville locations). Yet another possibility was that they were given to VIPs in those cities, or as an ID to be able to enter pre or post concert parties? These are questions for a serious and long time Buffett fan.

Bohatyaor
Number of Buffett shows attended: 1

Post by Bohatyaor » Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:31 am

For example, there was a "No Passport Required" tour in 2000 that played 5 cities on the west coast, including Vegas (I've got that shirt too), but you won't find it on most tour lists.????

urlcenter

Post by urlcenter » Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:41 am

Primo Parrothead Party events were select concerts within the 1993 Chameleon Caravan Tour that were designed as showcases for Jimmy's then newly created Margaritaville Records.

Here is a description of the New Orleans Primo Parrothead Event:

"Jimmy Buffett Primo Parrothead Party - (1993) Jimmy Buffett, Little Richard, and Michael McDonald, including two smaller stages of local New Orleans bands such as the Iguanas and Evangeline, and food booths of New Orleans cuisine - Tad Gormley Stadium, City Park New Orleans."

These events last 8 hours with Jimmy and the CRB being the headline attraction

urlcenter

Post by urlcenter » Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:46 am

Bohatyaor wrote:For example, there was a "No Passport Required" tour in 2000 that played 5 cities on the west coast, including Vegas (I've got that shirt too), but you won't find it on most tour lists.????
The "No Passport Required" shows were an extension of the 1999 "Beach House on The Moon Tour". Those shows took place in April 2000 with 5 cities on the West Coast and a show in Dallas TX