New JB LP In 2016?

Discuss anything related to Jimmy Buffett. Find more specific categories below
JeffASaul
Number of Buffett shows attended: 0

Re: New JB LP In 2016?

Post by JeffASaul » Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:20 am

Hasn't he been playing some tunes during the last tour? I know he had the Jurassic Park song, which is mid-range. Not "We Learned to Be Cool" by any means, but certainly infinitely better than "Chill the Rose'". I am sure I read somewhere that there were other new songs during this tour.

I hadn't even realized that it's been over two years since St. Somewhere. Time escapes me way too much.

Air M'Ville Cap'n
Site Admin
Number of Buffett shows attended: 12

Post by Air M'Ville Cap'n » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:05 pm

JeffASaul wrote:Hasn't he been playing some tunes during the last tour? I know he had the Jurassic Park song, which is mid-range. Not "We Learned to Be Cool" by any means, but certainly infinitely better than "Chill the Rose'". I am sure I read somewhere that there were other new songs during this tour.

I hadn't even realized that it's been over two years since St. Somewhere. Time escapes me way too much.
Tends to happen when a kid comes along ;)

HurricaneSeason

Post by HurricaneSeason » Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:35 am

JeffASaul wrote:Hasn't he been playing some tunes during the last tour? I know he had the Jurassic Park song, which is mid-range. Not "We Learned to Be Cool" by any means, but certainly infinitely better than "Chill the Rose'". I am sure I read somewhere that there were other new songs during this tour.

He didn't play the Jurassic Park song live.

In all of 2015 he played from SONGS FROM ST SOMEWHERE the following tracks:
Oldest Surfer On The Beach (4-9-15 and 10-22-15)
Rue De La Guitare (9-26-15)

He played one new song, Workin' 'N' Playin', at every show on the spring, summer and fall tours.

Parrothead Mania
Number of Buffett shows attended: 11

Post by Parrothead Mania » Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:18 pm

I'll take a new JB album any day! I actually enjoyed Songs from St. Somewhere sans about 2-3 songs that I didn't care for. There are some really good tunes on that album in my opinion. :finsup:
There are jobs and chores and questions and plates I need to twirl, but tonight I'll take my chances on the far side of the world

slimerbacca
Number of Buffett shows attended: 13

Post by slimerbacca » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:18 pm

I just hope he goes back to more island music and less country

HurricaneSeason

Post by HurricaneSeason » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:47 am

I'm getting a sneaking suspicion that there will not be a new LP this year due to the title of his upcoming tour, a spin on another song.

And my guess is if there is it will be later on in the year, close to his 70th birthday.

Parrothead Mania
Number of Buffett shows attended: 11

Post by Parrothead Mania » Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:16 pm

HurricaneSeason wrote:I'm getting a sneaking suspicion that there will not be a new LP this year due to the title of his upcoming tour, a spin on another song.

And my guess is if there is it will be later on in the year, close to his 70th birthday.
I'm really hoping to see a diverse set list on the new tour. Of course, he could go back to doing 5-6 covers like recent years which would make me want to :banghead: :bitchslap:
There are jobs and chores and questions and plates I need to twirl, but tonight I'll take my chances on the far side of the world

HurricaneSeason

Post by HurricaneSeason » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:30 am

Where's the vomit emoji?

If I hear Brown Eyed Girl - by anyone! - ever again I'm gonna blow up. That goddamned song. I HATE that song.