What song do you ABSOLUTELY HATE live....

Discuss anything related to Jimmy Buffett. Find more specific categories below
sirgumby77
Number of Buffett shows attended: 25

What song do you ABSOLUTELY HATE live....

Post by sirgumby77 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:11 pm

I know many of you all are for Brown Eyed Girl, Southern Cross, Cheeseburger In Paradise..... I agree those are pretty bad live now. The one I just can't get into anymore no matter what he does is Margaritaville. Yes its his "National Anthemn", all the newbies go crazy over it, but for me, it is the perfect song for going to the pisser.

HurricaneSeason
Number of Buffett shows attended: 12

Re: What song do you ABSOLUTELY HATE live....

Post by HurricaneSeason » Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:42 am

Hmmmmm. There are a few.

What I've gotten tired of is how he shouts some of the words. He's been doing that for quite a while now and ruining CILCIA among some others.

I'll have to come back to this one.

Air M'Ville Cap'n
Site Admin

Post by Air M'Ville Cap'n » Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:06 pm

The song that I hate live when I'm at a show is the song that I don't know :lol:

If I don't know the song, then I just kind of tune out.

When I'm at a show, I pretty much enjoy every song. For some of them, like Cheeseburger, it's the only time all year I hear that song and it's a fun one to sing at a show.

Coolbreeze2444
Number of Buffett shows attended: 5

Post by Coolbreeze2444 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:08 pm

I don't really have a song that I hate to hear live, although I get annoyed when he changes the words of a song. Cheeseburger has become near and dear to me. Y'all remember when my daughter had a severe concussion and amnesia a couple years ago. About 10 days after she hit her head, she heard Cheeseburger and started singing along with the chorus. She shouted, "I remember it! Play it again!" After that, her memory slowly started coming back.
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort." - Herm Albright

HurricaneSeason

Post by HurricaneSeason » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:29 am

It's My Job. As well as It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere.

CILCIA gets a nod just because of the shouting. That's the only reason that song is mentioned.

I'd say Brown Eyed Girl but he does a good version of it... even though I don't want to hear it!

Brewark
Number of Buffett shows attended: 30

Post by Brewark » Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:32 am

"All Night Long" seemed to last that long.

Glad it's off the set list.
Na Zdraví

HurricaneSeason

Post by HurricaneSeason » Thu Dec 25, 2014 10:09 pm

Anything from the worst Jimmy Buffett LP ever - LAST MANGO IN PARIS.

tracyam
Number of Buffett shows attended: 2

Post by tracyam » Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:32 pm

I can kinda do without Too Drunk to Karaoke. I don't like Cheeseburger but don't mind it live. I, too, dislike the shouted words in CILCIA and also when he does it in Come Monday, but I love those songs so I take what I can get. I didn't think I'd like seeing him live since I'm more a fan of the older stuff but I saw him in 2014 and had a great time.

Coolbreeze2444
Number of Buffett shows attended: 5

Post by Coolbreeze2444 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:30 pm

tracyam wrote:I can kinda do without Too Drunk to Karaoke. I don't like Cheeseburger but don't mind it live. I, too, dislike the shouted words in CILCIA and also when he does it in Come Monday, but I love those songs so I take what I can get. I didn't think I'd like seeing him live since I'm more a fan of the older stuff but I saw him in 2014 and had a great time.
When "Too Drunk to Karaoke" first came out, I said it was a good Toby Keith song and a lousy Jimmy Buffett song. I could easily go the rest of my life without ever hearing it at one of Jimmy's shows.
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort." - Herm Albright

limejohnny

Post by limejohnny » Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:17 pm

I have to agree with the comments about shouted words. Usually it's done without any regard to their meaning or, you know, normal syntax.

... ran into a CHUM!!!! with a bottle of RUM!!!!

For reasons I've never thought about until now, the line above has always been kind of bittersweet for me. It reminds me of a time (long ago!) when I might realistically run into a chum with a bottle of rum, and damnit, we might just end up drinking all night.

But the shouting kills it for me. Of course, it's Jimmy's song and he can do with it what he pleases. I just wish the shouty delivery was reserved for shouty words/thoughts/songs.
There are beaches and bonfires inside us. www.bringlimes.com