Another Buffett/Toby Keith duet coming

Discuss anything related to Jimmy Buffett. Find more specific categories below
Post Reply
User avatar
HavanaMatt
Posts: 491
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:23 pm
Number of Buffett shows attended: 1

Another Buffett/Toby Keith duet coming

Post by HavanaMatt » Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:05 pm

Toby Keith's new upcoming album '35 MPH Town', which will be released in October '15 features
a tune with JB called 'Sailboat for Sale'.

Buffett & Keith teamed up on the song 'Piece of Work' from Buffett's 2004 album License To Chill, and
also 'Too Drunk to Karoake' on Buffett's 2013 album Songs From St. Somewhere.
Sailing on a BW midnight boat, their were no questions asked. Waters so green and the air was so clean Matt stuck right to his task.

Oh I'm just dreamin' .. my life away

User avatar
HurricaneSeason
Posts: 276
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:01 pm
Number of Buffett shows attended: 12

Re: Another Buffett/Toby Keith duet coming

Post by HurricaneSeason » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:58 pm

Oh boy.

Not sure what to think about that considering the last one they did together, which is arguably the worst track on SONGS FROM ST SOMEWHERE (I'm No Russian certainly is a rotten egg).

User avatar
Coolbreeze2444
Posts: 382
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:14 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX
Number of Buffett shows attended: 5
Contact:

Re: Another Buffett/Toby Keith duet coming

Post by Coolbreeze2444 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:13 am

I liked "Piece of Work," but not "Too Drunk to Karaoke." When "Too Drunk" came out, I said then that it was a good Toby Keith song, but a lousy Jimmy Buffett song. "Piece of Work" was a good Jimmy Buffett song, IMHO. The lyrics are clever and the tune itself is good, not great, but good. Going by the title, "Sailboat for Sale" I'm cautiously optimistic that this will be more of a JB song than a TK song, but I'm not holding my breath.
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort." - Herm Albright

urlcenter
Posts: 512
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:26 pm

Re: Another Buffett/Toby Keith duet coming

Post by urlcenter » Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:36 pm

HavanaMatt wrote:Toby Keith's new upcoming album '35 MPH Town', which will be released in October '15 features
a tune with JB called 'Sailboat for Sale'.

Buffett & Keith teamed up on the song 'Piece of Work' from Buffett's 2004 album License To Chill, and
also 'Too Drunk to Karoake' on Buffett's 2013 album Songs From St. Somewhere.


Jimmy performed it live last year in Vegas

User avatar
SharkysMV1
Posts: 68
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:08 am
Number of Buffett shows attended: 9

Re: Another Buffett/Toby Keith duet coming

Post by SharkysMV1 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:23 am

urlcenter wrote:
HavanaMatt wrote:Toby Keith's new upcoming album '35 MPH Town', which will be released in October '15 features
a tune with JB called 'Sailboat for Sale'.

Buffett & Keith teamed up on the song 'Piece of Work' from Buffett's 2004 album License To Chill, and
also 'Too Drunk to Karoake' on Buffett's 2013 album Songs From St. Somewhere.


Jimmy performed it live last year in Vegas


he sure did; pretty darn good tune if it remains in the same structure they played it.
"A little Cape Cod sand oozing out of my shoes..."

User avatar
HurricaneSeason
Posts: 276
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:01 pm
Number of Buffett shows attended: 12

Re: Another Buffett/Toby Keith duet coming

Post by HurricaneSeason » Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:35 pm

Had to find the set list somewhere else (the one for the 10-25-14 show here is a big 404) and found it on jokelben! Seems like a better song than that drunk one, whatever it's called. I forget.

http://buffett.jokelben.us/2014.10.25%2 ... r_sail.mp3

User avatar
HurricaneSeason
Posts: 276
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:01 pm
Number of Buffett shows attended: 12

Re: Another Buffett/Toby Keith duet coming

Post by HurricaneSeason » Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:36 pm

Jimmy said it was coming out 'in December' of that year.

AH HA HA HA HA HA!

urlcenter
Posts: 512
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:26 pm

Re: Another Buffett/Toby Keith duet coming

Post by urlcenter » Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:41 pm

Here is the new Jimmy and Toby Keith duet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHRla_MjU4s

User avatar
HavanaMatt
Posts: 491
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:23 pm
Number of Buffett shows attended: 1

Re: Another Buffett/Toby Keith duet coming

Post by HavanaMatt » Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:26 pm

urlcenter wrote:Here is the new Jimmy and Toby Keith duet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHRla_MjU4s


not a bad sounding tune :finsup:
Sailing on a BW midnight boat, their were no questions asked. Waters so green and the air was so clean Matt stuck right to his task.

Oh I'm just dreamin' .. my life away

User avatar
Coolbreeze2444
Posts: 382
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:14 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX
Number of Buffett shows attended: 5
Contact:

Re: Another Buffett/Toby Keith duet coming

Post by Coolbreeze2444 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:34 am

HavanaMatt wrote:
urlcenter wrote:Here is the new Jimmy and Toby Keith duet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHRla_MjU4s


not a bad sounding tune :finsup:


Not bad at all! I'm pleasantly surprised. :D
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort." - Herm Albright

Post Reply