why does Jimmy Buffett the same songs year after year?

Discuss anything related to Jimmy Buffett. Find more specific categories below
jollymon345

Re: why does Jimmy Buffett the same songs year after year?

Post by jollymon345 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:44 pm

What really makes me sad is today on my way to work and they did the Fruitcake on the Radio this morning and the girl from Tulsa said she is a big JB fan and has gone to a lot of concerts and has been a Parrothead for over 15 years and she wanted to play her all time favorite Jimmy songs. Can anyone guess her 4 favorite songs? Yes a long time Parrothead pick as her 4 favorite songs, Come Monday, CIP, Margaritaville and CILCIA!!!!! Really you've been listening to Jimmy for over 15 years and the only songs you like are the f'ing SYKBH CD? :throwup:

HurricaneSeason
Number of Buffett shows attended: 12

Post by HurricaneSeason » Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:24 pm

Sure, great songs but...

COME ON!

So many more.

UGH. Parrotheads.

BrownEyedParakeet
Number of Buffett shows attended: 25

Post by BrownEyedParakeet » Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:49 pm

I'm afraid I need a Dictionary for your abbreviations. Oh... And I've been listening to JB since he wrote "A Mile High In Denver".... That would be abbreviated.... AMHID! :D
"Breathe in. Breathe out. Move on."

Coolbreeze2444
Number of Buffett shows attended: 5

Post by Coolbreeze2444 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:04 pm

BrownEyedParakeet wrote:I'm afraid I need a Dictionary for your abbreviations. Oh... And I've been listening to JB since he wrote "A Mile High In Denver".... That would be abbreviated.... AMHID! :D
CIP = "Cheeseburger in Paradise"
CILCIA = "Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes"
SYKBH = "Songs You Know by Heart," aka "The Yellow Album"

You get the hang of them if you hang around enough Buffett boards long enough. :finsup:
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort." - Herm Albright

STL Parrot
Number of Buffett shows attended: 9

Post by STL Parrot » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:07 pm

jollymon345 wrote:What really makes me sad is today on my way to work and they did the Fruitcake on the Radio this morning and the girl from Tulsa said she is a big JB fan and has gone to a lot of concerts and has been a Parrothead for over 15 years and she wanted to play her all time favorite Jimmy songs. Can anyone guess her 4 favorite songs? Yes a long time Parrothead pick as her 4 favorite songs, Come Monday, CIP, Margaritaville and CILCIA!!!!! Really you've been listening to Jimmy for over 15 years and the only songs you like are the f'ing SYKBH CD? :throwup:
Yep...I heard that too. Couldn't believe what I was hearing.
STL Parrot

Sell Your Stuff
Keep The Dog
Live On An Island