Old-time fan from the Great Lakes

Just registered? Post a topic here to introduce yourself!
blue j
Number of Buffett shows attended: 0

Old-time fan from the Great Lakes

Post by blue j » Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:45 am

Hey, all-

Just registered here a couple of days ago, and just now diving in to get a feel for the community here...I was exposed to Jimmy Buffett music early on in my life, as my stepfather was/is a big fan- so all of Jimmy's albums from the beginning up through about One Particular Harbor are all deeply ingrained in my subconscious. I hadn't listened to Buffett for such a long time, and I just wanted a dose of it lately, just this past couple of weeks or so. So I hit up all those old albums and have been reliving a lot of sounds from much earlier in my life that I haven't heard in so long.

I'm not familiar with any of his music from Banana Wind forward, so I'm sure I'll seek advice/recommendations from you folks here.

Another thought that goes along with all this...I went to Mexico about three months ago, and was just struck with my first urge to own a boat of my own. Sunshine, sailing the open waters...and now here I am in September, immersing myself in Buffett's world by way of his music, just over the past couple of weeks. (And joining a Buffett forum!).

Listening to Changes in Latitudes as I type this...(and it's not even 6:00 AM, heh heh. I have to leave for work in a little while, but I'm not thinking about that right now). ;)

Air M'Ville Cap'n
Site Admin
Number of Buffett shows attended: 12

Re: Old-time fan from the Great Lakes

Post by Air M'Ville Cap'n » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:43 pm

Sorry for taking so long to say welcome... but WELCOME!

blue j
Number of Buffett shows attended: 0

Re: Old-time fan from the Great Lakes

Post by blue j » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:49 am

Air M'Ville Cap'n wrote:Sorry for taking so long to say welcome... but WELCOME!
Thanks so much!

I took a little time away from here as well, and thought I'd just check back in now.