Jimmy Buffett and The Coral Reefer Band
From the Big Apple to the Big Easy Benefit
Madison Sqaure Garden New York, NY
Tuseday September 20, 2005

Set List:

1. Fortune Teller (Namoi Neville cover)
2. Piece of Work
3. Pascougla Run
4. Heart of Gold (Neil Young Cover, w/Dave Matthews)
5. Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes
6. Son of a Son of a Sailor
7. Come Monday
8. Scarlet Begonias
9. Fins
10. Margaritaville
11. Sea Cruise (w/Paul Simon)

Show Notes:

"Sea Cruise" was last played September 18, 2003 in Vancouver, WA

We learned to stay cool from you

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 20th, 2005, 8:25 pm 
Distantly in Love

No. Of Shows Attended: 1
they sounded great! i could not beleive that ed bradly was playing tambourine! :peace:

But I have a pretty good idea who did it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 20th, 2005, 8:50 pm 
Distantly in Love

No. Of Shows Attended: 1
hey bama, what would be cool is to have the entire set list. jimmy and without jimmy. can you do that?

But I have a pretty good idea who did it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 20th, 2005, 9:10 pm 
Feels Like Goin' Surfing in a Hurricane

No. Of Shows Attended: 3
tallship wrote:
hey bama, what would be cool is to have the entire set list. jimmy and without jimmy. can you do that?
sorry i can't because i'm not watching the pay-per-view. If someone who is would like to then that would be great.

We learned to stay cool from you

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 21st, 2005, 4:58 am 
Supreme Knower of all things Monkey

No. Of Shows Attended: 15
Great show last night!! It was awesome to see Bubba and Dave Matthews on the same stage! :woohoo: :woohoo: :PhinzUp: :PhinzUp:

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 21st, 2005, 6:47 am 
Splashing Naked In The Water

No. Of Shows Attended: 14
Jimmy was absolutely awesome last night............... What a great set list and it was amazing that they gave him so much time................. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

"........ And you'll never know if it was an accident or not."

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 21st, 2005, 9:46 am 
God's Own Drunk

No. Of Shows Attended: 26
IsleReef wrote:
Jimmy was absolutely awesome last night............... What a great set list and it was amazing that they gave him so much time................. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

make me a copy and bring it next thursday....please :pray:

Lester Polyester wrote:
virgin prthd wrote:
NOT happening PIG! :whipit: :pray: :gaah: :gaah: :gaah: Here comes the hear attack and 2 strokes! :wave:
Something wrong with your ears? :hmm:

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 21st, 2005, 12:26 pm 
Last One Standing

No. Of Shows Attended: 5
Cool setlist. Would've been really fun to have gone. Couldn't watch it on pay-per-view because I was at work last night. Dang. I'm sure it was great.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 21st, 2005, 12:30 pm 

Geeky Randy wrote:
Cool setlist. Would've been really fun to have gone. Couldn't watch it on pay-per-view because I was at work last night. Dang. I'm sure it was great.

If you want, I taped it............ PM if you want me to send you a copy................. :Toast:

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 24th, 2005, 11:45 am 
Rookie

My apologies for the double post (Bootleg Trading). I just finished up a DVD with the Jimmy set from the other night.

You can get it here:
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?p=219071#post219071

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 3rd, 2005, 9:34 am 
Rookie

Sorry, but I was very disappointed with the set. I really thought Jimmy could have played something besides the standard songs. How bout Wino and I Know or Trying to Reason with Hurricane Season? I thought the highlight of the whole show was The Neville's/Meter's and Rebirth BB showing those Yankees how to shake it up!
Too bad ComCast cut off the very end as Rebirth was second-lining through the crowd. Did anyone else notice how laim the crowd was? Very sad. I'm so glad I didn't pay $500 to see it live. I'd rather just send that money to WWOZ and help them re-build the best damn radio station in America. I just hope they rebuild the 7/8/9th ward's with the people who have been displaced in mind. We need to help those that need it most!

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 3rd, 2005, 3:06 pm 
Last One Standing

revtodd wrote:
Sorry, but I was very disappointed with the set. I really thought Jimmy could have played something besides the standard songs. How bout Wino and I Know or Trying to Reason with Hurricane Season? I thought the highlight of the whole show was The Neville's/Meter's and Rebirth BB showing those Yankees how to shake it up!
Too bad ComCast cut off the very end as Rebirth was second-lining through the crowd. Did anyone else notice how laim the crowd was? Very sad. I'm so glad I didn't pay $500 to see it live. I'd rather just send that money to WWOZ and help them re-build the best damn radio station in America. I just hope they rebuild the 7/8/9th ward's with the people who have been displaced in mind. We need to help those that need it most!

I agree that Jimmy should've worked in at least Trying to Reason with Hurricane Season and/or Biloxi; but I'm happy to see Jimmy dropped Cheeseburger and stuff for other songs like Heart of Gold.

You're right, it's not that unique. But it was actually more unique than I assumed. I thought it'd be similar to that crappy Wal*Mart setlist. Let's not forget, not everybody in that crowd was a parrothead.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 3rd, 2005, 4:19 pm 

Geeky Randy wrote:
revtodd wrote:

I agree that Jimmy should've worked in at least Trying to Reason with Hurricane Season and/or Biloxi; but I'm happy to see Jimmy dropped Cheeseburger and stuff for other songs like Heart of Gold.

You're right, it's not that unique. But it was actually more unique than I assumed. I thought it'd be similar to that crappy Wal*Mart setlist. Let's not forget, not everybody in that crowd was a parrothead.

I thought Jimmy did a great job and was having alot of fun............ Jimmy and the band sounded incredible and there were a bunch of Parrot Heads dancing away...........

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 3rd, 2005, 5:07 pm 
Last One Standing

IsleReef wrote:
Geeky Randy wrote:
revtodd wrote:

I thought Jimmy did a great job and was having alot of fun............ Jimmy and the band sounded incredible and there were a bunch of Parrot Heads dancing away...........

I'm sure I'll get to see that performance soon. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 4th, 2005, 4:48 am 

Geeky Randy wrote:
IsleReef wrote:
Geeky Randy wrote:
revtodd wrote:

I'm sure I'll get to see that performance soon. :D

Going out today :PhinzUp: :Toast: