Show Notes:

Third show ever in Paris, France

"Frenchman for the Night" was last played October 6, 1994 in Mountain View, CA

"Banana Republics" was last played January 18, 2008 in Hong Kong, China

"Coast of Marseilles" was last played June 28, 2007 in Bristow, VA

"Beatles Medley" was last played December 22, 2006 in Aspen, CO

PostPosted: September 23rd, 2008, 1:30 pm 
Brand New Country Star

This was a WONDERFUL night!Only my 2nd Buffett gig as I live in Ireland and previously had only managed one trip Stateside to see him.The crowd were exceptional,an infectious air of friendliness and good humour hung in the (very hot!) air of this great little club.There was about 300 packed in,some of them on the side of the tiny stage!Jimmy and band were phenomenal,playing lusty versions of the uptempo numbers interspersed with really lovely slower tunes,most of them with a French angle (Frenchman FTN,Coast Of Marseilles,La Vie Dansante) all the while the mutual appreciation between the great crowd and the performers was evident, as was the realisation that this was a special show in special circumstances.Best way I can put it would be to say that, with all the shit that goes on in the world today, this was an ocassion that would restore one's faith in humanity.Well done all concerned.

PostPosted: September 23rd, 2008, 3:23 pm 
Feels Like Goin' Surfing in a Hurricane

No. Of Shows Attended: 3
Glad he finally did 'Frenchman', it's been way to long for such a awsome song. I can't imagine how it sounded without the Saxophone though.

We learned to stay cool from you

PostPosted: September 23rd, 2008, 5:00 pm 
Rookie

He went to Paris .....and so did we!!! :hula:
Fins up :PhinzUp: :piratesails:
This must rank as one of the best ever concerts. The 300 or so that were lucky to get tickets will remember this night for ever more.
Parrotheads from all over the world came together with Buffett and the traveling Coral Reefers to create an atmosphere that could not be repeated other than having JB perform in you own bar!!!
It was great in the back streets of Paris way prior to the doors opening. The banter and stories exchanged to the sound of popping corks from the cheap French bubbly. The usual PH uniforms were in stark contrast to the French luveys sauntering past to their pre theatre meal :boohoo: . What was going on? :dunno:
If only they had known of what was about to happen behind the double black doors covered in posters of previous performers, with a cardboard sign above them all saying "Fins Up Paris 2008" scrawled in poster pen. It said it all. Raw enjoyment had risen its head and Buffett was about to take us to another World away from all the so called problems happening. Perhaps the UN, Wall Street and the Stock Exchange should attend a concert and see that things can only get better when JB is elected to the highest office!!
The play lists only gives a flavour(English English spelling!!) of what went on. I have not seen a performer, the entire band and crowd have such a time TOGETHER. Two and a half hours of bliss :hula:
The bar sold out with the petit French barmaid saying she had never seen a crowd drink and enjoy a night so much. :shots: :Toast:
The only drink left was the near empty bottle of Rose' wine in the hand of the main man.
" I can't go while there is still wine in the bottle" he said whilst taking a swig and launching into yet another classic rendering :gulp: :guitar:
There were Fins and Parrots, and for the people who were there, let us not miss out the Monkey :monkey:
Laugh, cry or just stand and think or remember... Jimmy just makes your mind open up to every emotion. :hug:
As Frankie Valli once said....Oh! what a night :dancer: Indeed it was :beerbong: :chugcoffee:

Last edited by Chelsea exile on September 25th, 2008, 8:32 am, edited 5 times in total.

PostPosted: September 23rd, 2008, 6:24 pm 
Last One Standing

No. Of Shows Attended: 10
Thanks for that very vivid descirption. Makes me wish I was there. I can only hope that somehow this show was bootlegged because I would scoop it up in a heartbeat. Now, I can't wait until next year when I canm see Jimmy again here in the US. Fins up!

:PhinzUp:

PostPosted: September 23rd, 2008, 7:03 pm 
I am a person my parents warned me about

No. Of Shows Attended: 11
300 people? That club is that small?

PostPosted: September 23rd, 2008, 11:39 pm 
Rookie

Oh yeah...I would say that in an earlier life, the club was probably a large garage. The perfect size for an intimate evening among Parrotheads!

PostPosted: September 24th, 2008, 2:13 pm 
Brand New Country Star

Frenchman For The Night sounded just great even without the sax!Robert Greenidge's steel drum filled in more than adequately.Yeah there wouldnt have been any more than 300 in the club.I guess its the one advantage that we European fans have over you in the States.He plays a tiny club,but its the least we deserve seeing as we dont exactly get to see him that often in these parts!The Saturday show was recorded by a couple of camera "persons" either side of the stage but it looked as if this may have been for Jimmy's own personal collection I dont know.And I'm pretty sure it was white wine he was swigging from that bottle not red,he defo had a glass of white earlier in the show.He was the only person there who did actually GET a proper glass, we had to make do with plastic cups.But on a night like that it sure tasted sweet!
Long live the MONKEY!!

PostPosted: October 9th, 2008, 1:33 pm 
Gypsy in the Palace

No. Of Shows Attended: 1
Cool to see some different songs come out of the vault. :peace: