It is currently August 1st, 2014, 10:29 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: July 31st, 2009, 9:44 am 
I am a person my parents warned me about

No. Of Shows Attended: 11
I'm going old school with my PS2. My favorite baseball game of all time by far is MVP Baseball 2005. It was the last year that EA Sports made an MLB game (the made NCAA Baseball for the past few years). The gameplay I think is still the best and I've continued to play it on my PS2 ever since I bought it five years ago (and even though I have a PS3 now). I've tried other baseball games and they just aren't near as good.

So I got a MaxDrive off eBay and it allows you to transfer files onto your PS2 memory card and there is a guy on either MVPMods.com or EAMods.com that puts out updated rosters and he had the opening day 2009 roster for the St Louis Cardinals and I loaded it up on my MVP '05 and then made a couple tweaks (DeRosa, Holliday) and now am playing this old school game with updated rosters!

PostPosted: July 31st, 2009, 10:20 am 
Nothin' but a Breeze

No. Of Shows Attended: 4
Back in 1988 (were you even born then Josh? LOL) I had a kick-ass computer, an Amiga 500. It blew away the competition with its Motorola 68000 CPU (7.16 MHz) and a mind-blowing 1 MB of RAM. Oh! It also had dual (yes, I said dual!) 3.5" floppy drives.

EA made what I think is still the best baseball game ever, Earl Weaver Baseball. It was available on other platforms, but they pretty much sucked; on the Amiga, though, it was an amazing game. They included all the old time hall of famers: Babe Ruth, Ty Cobb, Walter Johnson, Christy Matthewson, Willie Mays, Duke Snider, Henry Aaron, Bob Gibson, etc. And they also had modern players. Every season they would release an update with current player stats. You could also create your own players, too. They had historical and current ball parks and, again, you could design your own, as well. This was all really cutting edge stuff 20 years ago. The game had graphics similar to what you would've seen on an original Nintendo game system. And this was at a time when most computers were still monochrome.

So, anyway... I've always like EA's baseball games. I still play MVP Baseball 2003 on my computer. I was still playing Earl Weaver Baseball on my Amiga up until about 3 years ago. It finally died. R.I.P. Amiga 500.

PostPosted: July 31st, 2009, 10:20 am 
Gypsy in the Palace

No. Of Shows Attended: 0
I loved MVP 05 on my GameCube. I agree, it is the best baseball game. I rented TheBigs last year and it was not good. I hope EA gets the rights back soon.

Speaking of rights, EA has lost the rights to NASCAR. I loved NASCAR Race to the Chase 05 on GameCube. Sony picked on rights and will include NASCAR on Gran Turismo 5. However that does me no good owning a Wii, especially since there have been no good full-out racing games for the Wii (love MarioKart, but it nowhere near as deep as a racing game can be).

PostPosted: July 31st, 2009, 11:06 am 
I am a person my parents warned me about

No. Of Shows Attended: 11
For 1988 that sounds incredible Ken. I of course have myself created on MVP '05, and I'm pretty damn good :lol:

PostPosted: July 31st, 2009, 11:08 am 
Unemployed Beach Bum

No. Of Shows Attended: 15
I have it too but I haven't played it in a while but it was a pretty good game.

Wishing I was still in St. John because I think I have found me a home.