It is currently October 1st, 2014, 10:23 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: Update on 2012 Tour
PostPosted: March 11th, 2012, 9:44 am 
I am a person my parents warned me about

No. Of Shows Attended: 11
Can't wait to see what the old stuff is that JB plays. Too bad I'm going to the KC show which will be part of the WTF tour. Although I'm not going to complain about going to any JB show at his age

PostPosted: March 11th, 2012, 10:33 am 
On A Salty Piece Of Land

jollymon345 wrote:
urlcenter wrote:
Air M'Ville Cap'n wrote:
Dean you got ripped off word for word at that other site. Copy -> Paste with no attribution.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Proper attribution was given to the correct source Steve Hunnington in the information posted on "the other site"

:? :?

When you copy another post exactly word for word that somebody else posted give credit to the person who posted it. Don't post it like it was something you heard. Did you hear Steve say it? No. The only reason you know about it is because I heard it and posted it here. When ever Josh gets info from somebody else he always says in the story who told him. He doesn't take it as his own story. Just as if you would have taken the story from somebody over at BN and copied a story form somebody over there word for word we would give credit to the person who gave posted that story. Don't you think if CBS news posts a story on their website and use information they get from another source they always give credit to the people who they got that information or quotes from?

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

virgin prthd wrote:
ohhhhhh kind of like Bruce is a Fucktard? :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

"I don't see race. People tell me I'm white and I believe them because I have a lot of Jimmy Buffett albums"-Stephen Colbert

PostPosted: March 11th, 2012, 1:29 pm 
Nothin' but a Breeze

No. Of Shows Attended: 4
Frosted Fins wrote:
jollymon345 wrote:
urlcenter wrote:
Air M'Ville Cap'n wrote:
Dean you got ripped off word for word at that other site. Copy -> Paste with no attribution.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Proper attribution was given to the correct source Steve Hunnington in the information posted on "the other site"

:? :?

When you copy another post exactly word for word that somebody else posted give credit to the person who posted it. Don't post it like it was something you heard. Did you hear Steve say it? No. The only reason you know about it is because I heard it and posted it here. When ever Josh gets info from somebody else he always says in the story who told him. He doesn't take it as his own story. Just as if you would have taken the story from somebody over at BN and copied a story form somebody over there word for word we would give credit to the person who gave posted that story. Don't you think if CBS news posts a story on their website and use information they get from another source they always give credit to the people who they got that information or quotes from?

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

:notworthy: :notworthy: :yay: :yay: :yay:
Exactly right, Deano. Yes, the original source of the info was RM, but you took the type to right up a report and post it here (and credit RM) and you're right up was then copied and pasted directly to another site. What the other site was is totally irrelevant. The point is, you copy and paste someone else's work, you give them credit. I learned that while writing my first research paper in about 6th grade.

PostPosted: March 11th, 2012, 1:37 pm 
On A Salty Piece Of Land

Penny took care of it properly. She's the Moderate Moderator over at BN! :Toast:

virgin prthd wrote:

"I don't see race. People tell me I'm white and I believe them because I have a lot of Jimmy Buffett albums"-Stephen Colbert

PostPosted: March 11th, 2012, 1:50 pm 
Unemployed Beach Bum

No. Of Shows Attended: 15
Yes she did. Penny is good people. But what gets me and I am sure Josh feels the same way is that if one of us had done the same thing by taking something that was posted over there and copied it here word for word he would be pissed and firing off emails to Josh or to whoever and would make a big deal of the fact that BN posted the news first. Neither Josh or I have a problem with them posting it over there but don't make it seem like you were the one that heard it on RM. Take it and copy it and say that so and so over on whatever site heard this. But the fact was and still is that if I had not been listening to RM yesterday at around 11am and posted it here everybody here(including me) and on BN and Buffettinfo or other sites we still be wondering what was going on with the tour and be in the dark. If and when we get info from somewhere else(site or person) we credit who or where we got the info from. So all I and Josh ask is the same courtesy. I got a great idea. Why don't I download everyshow off of jokelbon and start my own site to share the shows. To make it even better I will sell ads on my site so I can make money off it and as soon as Jokelbon puts something up I will copy it to my site and not give Jokelbon credit and see how that goes over.

Wishing I was still in St. John because I think I have found me a home.

PostPosted: March 11th, 2012, 2:54 pm 
One Step Ahead of The Jailer

jollymon345 wrote:
Yes she did. Penny is good people. But what gets me and I am sure Josh feels the same way is that if one of us had done the same thing by taking something that was posted over there and copied it here word for word he would be pissed and firing off emails to Josh or to whoever and would make a big deal of the fact that BN posted the news first. Neither Josh or I have a problem with them posting it over there but don't make it seem like you were the one that heard it on RM. Take it and copy it and say that so and so over on whatever site heard this. But the fact was and still is that if I had not been listening to RM yesterday at around 11am and posted it here everybody here(including me) and on BN and Buffettinfo or other sites we still be wondering what was going on with the tour and be in the dark. If and when we get info from somewhere else(site or person) we credit who or where we got the info from. So all I and Josh ask is the same courtesy. I got a great idea. Why don't I download everyshow off of jokelbon and start my own site to share the shows. To make it even better I will sell ads on my site so I can make money off it and as soon as Jokelbon puts something up I will copy it to my site and not give Jokelbon credit and see how that goes over.

There is no need to make a big deal out of this dean BN would have posted it on their own regardless of who was listening when. I posted over there just to be first and to try and calm down a lot of very anxious Buffett fans who were having fits over show announcements and ticket sale dates. As for the show uploads to the server we get them from a source who uploads the shows to two servers one being jokelben and the other being his own server.

Let's all chill out

PostPosted: March 11th, 2012, 10:27 pm 
Last One Standing

No. Of Shows Attended: 10
Just waiting for a Charlotte date now! Gotta love them Carolina shows :peace:

PostPosted: March 12th, 2012, 10:07 am 
Brand New Country Star

No. Of Shows Attended: 14
YES.. :PhinzUp: :dancin: One word for this tour PITTSBURGH,,,,A blast evertime he comes to PITTSBURGH... :drunk: :woohoo: thanks for INFO... NO JIMMY NO SUMMER..Thought I would have to wait for Football Season...Ps GO STEELERS :PhinzUp: :drink: :D

PostPosted: March 12th, 2012, 11:24 am 
On A Salty Piece Of Land

parrothead mania wrote:

Yup, Raleigh would be nice but I ain't holding my breath...

virgin prthd wrote:

PostPosted: March 12th, 2012, 2:28 pm 
Last One Standing

Frosted Fins wrote:
parrothead mania wrote:

Yup, Raleigh would be nice but I ain't holding my breath...

I've never been to a Raleigh show. My boss has, but since I live in Upstate South Carolina, Charlotte is only 70 miles away and my home venue, so to speak :yay:

PostPosted: March 12th, 2012, 6:22 pm 
On A Salty Piece Of Land

We put on a good tailgate! :hula: :hula: :hula:

virgin prthd wrote:

PostPosted: March 13th, 2012, 2:14 pm 
Last One Standing

Frosted Fins wrote:
We put on a good tailgate! :hula: :hula: :hula:

Sweet! Well, if we get a Charlotte show and you come to that one I'd love to meet face to face. I got some wicked awesome authentic Australian beer I bring to tailgates. It's some powerful stuff, about 8.5% alcohol :yikes: :rockon:

PostPosted: March 19th, 2012, 2:33 pm 
Rookie

Glad to hear there is another tour in the making, I'm too old to find a new hobby... :hyper:

PostPosted: March 19th, 2012, 2:41 pm 
Nothin' but a Breeze

Canadian Parrot wrote:
Glad to hear there is another tour in the making, I'm too old to find a new hobby... :hyper:

Hey Canadian Parrot! Welcome to the forum! :Toast: :PhinzUp:

PostPosted: April 3rd, 2012, 8:02 am 
Rookie

No. Of Shows Attended: 0
Still no Nashville or St. Louis dates. :(