All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: December 23rd, 2010, 1:47 pm 
Livin' On Things That Excite Me

No. Of Shows Attended: 30
http://www.flipperstock.com/

April 8, 9, & 10, 2011

Sheraton Westport Lakeside Chalet
St. Louis, MO

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011 Charity Recipient Announced: We're proud this year to be supporting the Wounded Warrior Project. For more info, go to the Charity Page.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We continue to fine tune Flipperstock, and make it the most enjoyable event of it's kind in the nation. And FS 2011 will be no exception. Some of the changes you can look for this year include:

Special Events: Don't wait till next April to try and get on the Waffle House bus! Tickets for the bus, the Pub Crawl / Margarita search, and Sunday Morning Breakfast with Peter Mayer will be available during the registration process. Be sure to take advantage of this opportunity, and it will be one - or two, or three - things you won't have to worry about when you get here!

We're Going Green(er): All registrations will be completed online for 2011. Not to worry, though. If you're still one of those that just can't bring themselves to paying for anything online, you'll have that option when you register. Just give us your registration information, and we'll send you an email with mail-in payment instructions. No more registration forms to print out. Trees love us!

Hotel Rates Reduced: Because they love us so much, our great partners at the Sheraton have reduced the room rate from $92 per night to just $89 per night (+ taxes). Links for booking your room will be in your registration confirmation email, and on the registration page. So, when you get to the hotel, give them a big thanks!

Let's Start By Giving Something Away: And speaking of the Sheraton, they have been generous enough to provide us with a suite for the weekend. So we're going to give it away! Beginning June 1st, 2010, we'll be offering chances at the prize package, which includes:

2 Flipperstock 2011 registrations
2 Sunday Morning Breakfast Passes
2 nights stay in a 2-room suite, complete with sofa, wet bar, fireplace, two balconies, and much more

And the best part is that chances at this package are only $25 each, and only 100 will be sold! Come back to the Raffle page, beginning June 1st for your chance to win!

PostPosted: December 23rd, 2010, 1:48 pm 

Flipperstock 2011 Entertainment Line Up

Bill "Sauce Boss" Wharton
and The Ingredients

PHINS

Jerry Diaz & Hanna's Reef Trio

Michael "Crawdaddy" Crawley

Jim Hoehn

Don Middlebrook

Bob Karwin

Rock This Boat

Caribbean Blue

12 Volt Band

.....and our very special guest, St. Louis' own

Peter Mayer

PostPosted: December 26th, 2010, 2:48 pm 

We need some Buffett World people there....

PostPosted: December 30th, 2010, 6:41 am 

We welcome Rock This Boat. This new, St. Louis-area based trop-rock band consists of:
Gio Laurenti - lead guitar and vocals
Scott Cagle - bass, harmonica and vocals
Randy Maier - keyboards and vocals
Libby White - percussion and vocals
Dean Duhart - lead vocals and guitar
Jim Barks - drums
FROM THE BAND:
Rock This Boat brings the Buffett rock n' roll experience to Flipperstock this year with a great mix of strong vocals and an energetic setlist. Somewhat new to the midwest TropRock scene, Rock This Boat has some familiar faces St. Louis Parrotheads will recognize. We're thrilled to share the Flipperstock stage on Friday night with premier TropRock entertainment like PHINS, Caribbean Blue and Bob Karwin.

PostPosted: December 30th, 2010, 6:43 am 

We welcome Caribbean Blue:
John Boyd - Lead vocals, guitar
Bill Bellaver - lead guitar, harmonica, keyboard
Paul Saloka - Bass guitar, vocals
-making the human race more important than the rat race.

We are a three piece band from Sterling Heights/Troy, MI about 30 miles north of Detroit. All are members of the Detroit Parrothead Club and the band has been together about five years. We do the Jimmy Buffett thing along with our originals and mix it up with classic rock. We invite the audience to participate when we play live. So grab a shaky thing and let's rock!

All of our own music is all about the islands and libations. I guess you could say that this is all about escaping, getting away, being on vacation.

PostPosted: January 31st, 2011, 8:25 am 

Come On "BUFFETWORLD" we need some members there...

PostPosted: February 1st, 2011, 12:19 am 
Last One Standing

No. Of Shows Attended: 10
Sounds like a helluva line-up BR. But alas, that cruel mistress known as school has me in her clutches and won't let me go :gaah:

PostPosted: February 1st, 2011, 12:38 am 
I am a person my parents warned me about

No. Of Shows Attended: 11
It'd be hard for me to get away. One trip in April is all I'm gonna be able to do, and that's Buffett in KC

PostPosted: February 8th, 2011, 7:43 pm 

Flipperstock Facebook Page: We regret to announce that due to the "Welcome To Fin Land" tour rehearsal schedule, Peter Mayer will not be able to perform at this year's Flipperstock as previously scheduled. While this is certainly bad news for all of us, we feel that we have scheduled an awesome alternative show! We hope you'll join us in welcoming singer/songwriters Keith Sykes & John Frinzi!

This is just making a great show even Better..

PostPosted: February 9th, 2011, 7:42 am 

http://www.facebook.com/joetown#!/pages ... 0761739212

Check out the New Flipperstock Face Book Page...

PostPosted: February 24th, 2011, 6:00 pm 

Artist Spotlight: Bob KarwinBob Karwin began his music career in Boston, Massachusetts on June 4, 1990, playing to drunken mobs in the Irish pubs and college bars. He quickly made a name for himself in Beantown by being able to tame an unruly crowd fired by Guinness and Jack Daniels using only his guitar and a microphone.
In 1993, Bob packed up his Jeep and moved to sunny San Diego. His blend of humor and thoughtful songwriting struck a chord with Southern Californians and he began to develop a following at his rowdy one man shows. Bob is now a full fledged Californian, strolling the beaches and vowing to never shovel a driveway ever again.
Bob has played along side of many members of Jimmy Buffett’s band, the Coral Reefers, including Greg “Fingers” Taylor, Amy Lee, Deb McCall, T.C. Mitchell, Doyle Grisham, and Jay Spell. He has been a featured act at many national “parrothead” events, including Flipperstock (St. Louis, MO), Phins to the West (Laughlin, NV), Migration (Las Vegas, NV), Laid Back Attack (Seattle, WA), Six String Music (New Orleans, LA), Atlanta Parrothead Cruise, Angels in Tropical Shirts (Lake Charles, LA) and this year add Meething of Minds (Key West, FL) to the list. You should also ask him about the time he opened for Barenaked Ladies in Anaheim, CA. That’s a good story.

Be sure and catch Bob for his triumphant return to Flipperstock on Friday, April 8th, at 6:00 PM!

Hotel Booking Info: If you have booked you room at the Sheraton, and were unable to book the $89 rate (and wanted to), please contact the hotel reservations department at (314) 878-1500, or Nancy Masterson at nancy.masterson@swphotels.com to change your reservation.

Waffle House Bus Trip and the Pub Crawl/Margarita Search have Sold Out!! Thanks to everybody who signed up for these two great events! We know you'll have a great time!

Still The PREMIERE Trop-Rock MUSIC event: So you don't want to stay on "Island Time" for too much longer. Time is running out to register, and seats at the Sunday Morning Breakfast Buffet with legendary singer/songwriter Keith Sykes, along with John Frinzi, are extremenly linited! So, if you haven't registered yet, do it TODAY! And, if you want to add the breakfast buffet to your existing registration, just send an email to flipperstock@rocketmail.com, and we'll get you set up!

Next Week: Another artist spotlight, featuring Jim Hoehn!

Sincerely,
The Flipperstock Organizing Committee

PostPosted: February 24th, 2011, 6:09 pm 

Friday, April 8
3:00 PM - Registration Opens - Main Ballroom

4:00 PM - Caribbean Blue - Versailles Patio

4:00 PM - 2nd Annual Pub Crawl / Margarita Search (SOLD OUT)
6:00 PM - Bob Karwin - Main Ballroom

8:00 PM - Rock This Boat - Main Ballroom

10:00 PM - PHINS - Main Ballroom

1:00 AM - 3rd Annual Bus Trip to Waffle House (SOLD OUT)

Saturday, April 9
9:00 AM - Registration Opens - Main Ballroom

11:00 AM - 12 Volt Band & Friends - Westport Patio

2:00 PM - Jim Hoehn - Westport Patio

5:00 PM - Silent Auction Bidding Opens - Main Ballroom

6:00 PM - Don Middlebrook - Main Ballroom

8:00 PM - Jerry Diaz & The Hanna's Reef Trio - Main Ballroom

9:00 PM - Silent Auction Bidding Closes

10:00 PM - Bill Wharton & The Ingredients

Sunday, April 10
10:00 AM - Breakfast Buffet with Keith Sykes & John Frinzi - Pujols 5 Restaurant

PostPosted: March 11th, 2011, 3:21 am 

Artist Spotlight: Bill Wharton & The Ingredients

The inventor of gastronomical boogie woogie.
Like a cross between Justin Wilson and Robert Johnson,
He sings the blues
He cooks the gumbo
He plays the guitar
He writes the tunes
He feeds the masses
He makes his very own hot sauce
That’s why they call him …
THE SAUCE BOSS

FROM THE DEEP ROOTS OF THE FLORIDA CYPRESS SWAMP COMES THE SAUCE BOSS. Haven’t heard him play? You’ll never forget him once you do. With his distinctive slide guitar sound, wrought out of his ’53 Telecaster like a man beggin’ for mercy, and slung through a 1948 Fender amp like a dark horse running through the night, the Sauce Boss has a truly authentic sound that leaves you looking for something you thought you’d lost, but in fact you never knew you had.

WITH HIS HOMEGROWN STORYTELLING AND NATURAL-BORN GUITAR TALENT, THE SAUCE BOSS RIGHTEOUSLY SINGS THE BLUES. He gives the feeling that can only come from a life lived in the eye of the storm. He has weathered more than his share of hurricanes, sunburn, and mosquitoes – and he’s got the chops to prove it. He has taken his blues and a huge pot of gumbo to the disaster zones of the Mississippi delta and to homeless shelters across America – where he’s fed war veterans, hurricane survivors, and plenty of other regular folks who come for music but leave with much more. The Sauce Boss offers up sustenance and redemption in the form of music, food, and above all, the love of the brotherhood of man.
SINCE 1990, THE SAUCE BOSS HAS COOKED GUMBO FOR OVER 170,000 PEOPLE, ALL FOR FREE while simultaneously playing his own swampy Florida blues. A Sauce Boss event transcends performance. It's a soul-shouting picnic of rock & roll brotherhood, involving everyone. And at the end of the show, everyone eats.
JIMMY BUFFETT SINGS ABOUT THE SAUCE BOSS in his "I Will Play for Gumbo" song. Parrotheads are now phlocking from all over the country and are also bringing the Sauce Boss to "play' and a' sway' with the gumbo" at their events. Festivals and performing arts centers throughout the US, Canada, and Europe are featuring the Sauce Boss and his gumbo. His songs "Let the Big Dog Eat" and "Great Big Fanny" appeared on the Jimmy Buffett compilation album "Margaritaville Café Late Night Menu". NPR's "All Things Considered" and "Morning Edition" have both covered the Sauce Boss. CNN and EXTRA sent film crews to New York City Sauce Boss extravaganzas in 2000, The Food Network's series "Extreme Cuisine" visited the Sauce Boss on location in New York, and another Food Network series "Keith Famie's Adventures" filmed a Sauce Boss show in Miami. The Sauce Boss is the only personality that’s been featured in “Living Blues”, “GQ”, AND "Gourmet Magazine".
The Sauce Boss now has taken his music and his gumbo to the streets with the non-profit 501c3 organization, PLANET GUMBO, where the Sauce Boss and his band donate their performance (along with gumbo) to Homeless Shelters all over the US.

For more information on The Sauce Boss, visit his website, and be sure and catch Bill & his band for their highly-anticipated return to Flipperstock on Saturday, April 9th, at 10:00 PM! And bring your Gumbo Appetite!

PostPosted: April 6th, 2011, 7:15 am 

I am in STL right now, setting up my FLIPPERSTOCK room this afternoon.. Party with the STL Parrotheads tonight..

‎4 cases Beer, Margaritaville Drink machine, 4 gallons Bloody marys, Cabo, Pulled Pork, Crock Pot, Donations, Lawn Chairs, Coolers, Suitcase, Golf Clubs... Am I missing anything?????

PostPosted: April 6th, 2011, 7:23 am 
I Need A Holiday

No. Of Shows Attended: 85
Billy Ray wrote:
I am in STL right now, setting up my FLIPPERSTOCK room this afternoon.. Party with the STL Parrotheads tonight..

‎4 cases Beer, Margaritaville Drink machine, 4 gallons Bloody marys, Cabo, Pulled Pork, Crock Pot, Donations, Lawn Chairs, Coolers, Suitcase, Golf Clubs... Am I missing anything?????

You will of course be spreading the word amongst the St. Louis Parrotheads
about the NASCARITAVILLE Parties That Matter Spirit of Vicki Racing Team
entry into the Toyota Sponsafier 3 Contest
and enlisting their support for our (soon to be we hope)
selection as one of the TEN FINALISTS
and encouraging their votes and promotion within their circles ....

right? :D

Phase 2 voting takes place April 22nd - May 1st. We need every parrothead behind this.
Send 'em all to http://www.NASCARITAVILLE.com for complete details.

Got access to a printer? Lotsa *flyer ready* promo stuff available for print at the website,
e.g.

BNCRITTERS.COM | CRITTERVILLECOVE.COM | TWITTER | FACEBOOK | SURF SHOP