It is currently October 31st, 2014, 6:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: October 26th, 2011, 5:22 am 
Offline
Take Me to Your Blender!
User avatar

Joined: March 26th, 2004, 3:31 pm
Posts: 43126
Location: Watching the ballgame :))))))))
Any suggestions for the turkey? I usually put it on a rack and have chicken broth below with carrots, onions and celery to flavor the drippings to make the gravy from :drool: Last year I brined the turkey and rubbed butter all over and under the skin and seasoned it with salt, pepper and Bell's Seasoning. It came out great, but I'm open to suggestions....what do you do?

_________________
Please come to Boston in the Springtime.....
Image ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: October 26th, 2011, 5:30 am 
Offline
On A Salty Piece Of Land

Joined: August 6th, 2004, 12:20 pm
Posts: 4801
Location: Fuquay Varina, NC...Look it up!
No. Of Shows Attended: 11
Smoke it or fry it. Or just get a Turduckin!

_________________
1more wrote:
I may have been drinking last night.

virgin prthd wrote:
ohhhhhh kind of like Bruce is a Fucktard? :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:


"I don't see race. People tell me I'm white and I believe them because I have a lot of Jimmy Buffett albums"-Stephen Colbert


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: October 26th, 2011, 5:37 am 
Offline
Take Me to Your Blender!
User avatar

Joined: March 26th, 2004, 3:31 pm
Posts: 43126
Location: Watching the ballgame :))))))))
Frosted Fins wrote:
Smoke it or fry it. Or just get a Turduckin!

Gross.... More gross ....Grossest! :lol: :lol: Jesus Christ Doc what the hell do you Southerners do to your turkey? :creepy: :lol: :lol: Ok....I'm baking the turkey people...THAT IS NOT AN OPTION! So I'm looking for options on that method including brining techniques

_________________
Please come to Boston in the Springtime.....
Image ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: October 26th, 2011, 8:16 am 
Offline
God's Own Drunk
User avatar

Joined: September 16th, 2004, 7:24 am
Posts: 30899
No. Of Shows Attended: 26
We always put bacon on top of the turkey while roasting it. Adds flavor & juices to the meat and also to the gravy. We stuff the bird with sausage stuffing. :drool:

_________________
Timmah wrote:
Uranus


Lester Polyester wrote:
virgin prthd wrote:
NOT happening PIG! :whipit: :pray: :gaah: :gaah: :gaah: Here comes the hear attack and 2 strokes! :wave:
Something wrong with your ears? :hmm:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: October 26th, 2011, 10:17 pm 
Offline
Take Me to Your Blender!
User avatar

Joined: March 26th, 2004, 3:31 pm
Posts: 43126
Location: Watching the ballgame :))))))))
Lester Polyester wrote:
We always put bacon on top of the turkey while roasting it. Adds flavor & juices to the meat and also to the gravy. We stuff the bird with sausage stuffing. :drool:

mmmmmm that sounds really good Piggy! I have some people coming who LOVE the skin though... :hmm: Does the bacon covering it not allow it to get crispy?

_________________
Please come to Boston in the Springtime.....
Image ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: October 27th, 2011, 12:35 pm 
Offline
On A Salty Piece Of Land

Joined: August 6th, 2004, 12:20 pm
Posts: 4801
Location: Fuquay Varina, NC...Look it up!
No. Of Shows Attended: 11
virgin prthd wrote:
Frosted Fins wrote:
Smoke it or fry it. Or just get a Turduckin!

Gross.... More gross ....Grossest! :lol: :lol: Jesus Christ Doc what the hell do you Southerners do to your turkey? :creepy: :lol: :lol: Ok....I'm baking the turkey people...THAT IS NOT AN OPTION! So I'm looking for options on that method including brining techniques


Boil it till it's grey and call it corned beef...
:roll: Northerners :roll:

_________________
1more wrote:
I may have been drinking last night.

virgin prthd wrote:
ohhhhhh kind of like Bruce is a Fucktard? :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:


"I don't see race. People tell me I'm white and I believe them because I have a lot of Jimmy Buffett albums"-Stephen Colbert


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: October 27th, 2011, 6:49 pm 
Offline
King Asshole
User avatar

Joined: June 23rd, 2004, 2:39 pm
Posts: 2759
Location: Shitcago Area
No. Of Shows Attended: 999
As I believe in, and my late grandfather believed in.... Screw the Turkey..... Pasta all the way!!!!!

_________________
Here's the deal I'm the best there is. Plain and simple. I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: October 28th, 2011, 4:54 am 
Offline
On A Salty Piece Of Land

Joined: August 6th, 2004, 12:20 pm
Posts: 4801
Location: Fuquay Varina, NC...Look it up!
No. Of Shows Attended: 11
Sirgumby77 wrote:
As I believe in, and my late grandfather believed in.... Screw the Turkey..... Pasta all the way!!!!!

So bone the turkey?

_________________
1more wrote:
I may have been drinking last night.

virgin prthd wrote:
ohhhhhh kind of like Bruce is a Fucktard? :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:


"I don't see race. People tell me I'm white and I believe them because I have a lot of Jimmy Buffett albums"-Stephen Colbert


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: October 28th, 2011, 7:24 am 
Offline
Take Me to Your Blender!
User avatar

Joined: March 26th, 2004, 3:31 pm
Posts: 43126
Location: Watching the ballgame :))))))))
Frosted Fins wrote:
virgin prthd wrote:
Frosted Fins wrote:
Smoke it or fry it. Or just get a Turduckin!

Gross.... More gross ....Grossest! :lol: :lol: Jesus Christ Doc what the hell do you Southerners do to your turkey? :creepy: :lol: :lol: Ok....I'm baking the turkey people...THAT IS NOT AN OPTION! So I'm looking for options on that method including brining techniques


Boil it till it's grey and call it corned beef...
:roll: Northerners :roll:

SHUT UP :whipit: :lol: :lol:

_________________
Please come to Boston in the Springtime.....
Image ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: October 28th, 2011, 7:25 am 
Offline
Take Me to Your Blender!
User avatar

Joined: March 26th, 2004, 3:31 pm
Posts: 43126
Location: Watching the ballgame :))))))))
Sirgumby77 wrote:
As I believe in, and my late grandfather believed in.... Screw the Turkey..... Pasta all the way!!!!!

SORRY Matt....no WAY pasta can replace turkey with gravy and mashed potatoes in my book! :drool:

_________________
Please come to Boston in the Springtime.....
Image ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: October 28th, 2011, 9:03 pm 
Offline
King Asshole
User avatar

Joined: June 23rd, 2004, 2:39 pm
Posts: 2759
Location: Shitcago Area
No. Of Shows Attended: 999
virgin prthd wrote:
Sirgumby77 wrote:
As I believe in, and my late grandfather believed in.... Screw the Turkey..... Pasta all the way!!!!!

SORRY Matt....no WAY pasta can replace turkey with gravy and mashed potatoes in my book! :drool:


You never had any of my homemade pasta with homemade gravy. Few servings of that, your ready to sit back in a lazy boy, and fall asleep to some football. Only to awake to have more pasta, and some dessert.

_________________
Here's the deal I'm the best there is. Plain and simple. I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: October 29th, 2011, 7:17 am 
Offline
Take Me to Your Blender!
User avatar

Joined: March 26th, 2004, 3:31 pm
Posts: 43126
Location: Watching the ballgame :))))))))
Sirgumby77 wrote:
virgin prthd wrote:
Sirgumby77 wrote:
As I believe in, and my late grandfather believed in.... Screw the Turkey..... Pasta all the way!!!!!

SORRY Matt....no WAY pasta can replace turkey with gravy and mashed potatoes in my book! :drool:


You never had any of my homemade pasta with homemade gravy. Few servings of that, your ready to sit back in a lazy boy, and fall asleep to some football. Only to awake to have more pasta, and some dessert.

You make your own pasta too? Nice! :D I'm sure it's great! And I do love red sauce too :drool: But that is not Thanksgiving to me! I'd love the recipe for your sauce though! :D

_________________
Please come to Boston in the Springtime.....
Image ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: October 29th, 2011, 3:04 pm 
Offline
King Asshole
User avatar

Joined: June 23rd, 2004, 2:39 pm
Posts: 2759
Location: Shitcago Area
No. Of Shows Attended: 999
virgin prthd wrote:
Sirgumby77 wrote:
virgin prthd wrote:
Sirgumby77 wrote:
As I believe in, and my late grandfather believed in.... Screw the Turkey..... Pasta all the way!!!!!

SORRY Matt....no WAY pasta can replace turkey with gravy and mashed potatoes in my book! :drool:


You never had any of my homemade pasta with homemade gravy. Few servings of that, your ready to sit back in a lazy boy, and fall asleep to some football. Only to awake to have more pasta, and some dessert.

You make your own pasta too? Nice! :D I'm sure it's great! And I do love red sauce too :drool: But that is not Thanksgiving to me! I'd love the recipe for your sauce though! :D



Not at least til you learn to call it Gravy

_________________
Here's the deal I'm the best there is. Plain and simple. I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: November 1st, 2011, 8:29 am 
Offline
Living My Life Like A Song
User avatar

Joined: September 5th, 2010, 12:37 am
Posts: 778
No. Of Shows Attended: 18
When does it become a post-Thanksgiving dinner? Obviously the day after - but for how long?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: November 1st, 2011, 8:34 am 
Offline
Nothin' but a Breeze
User avatar

Joined: August 5th, 2008, 1:38 pm
Posts: 8826
Location: Somewhere other than here
No. Of Shows Attended: 4
HurricaneSeason wrote:
When does it become a post-Thanksgiving dinner? Obviously the day after - but for how long?


Until the turkey is gone!

_________________
Image
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. - Herm Albright


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group