It is currently October 25th, 2014, 11:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Kids at Shows?
PostPosted: April 4th, 2008, 3:22 pm 
Rookie

Hey y'all... my husband and I are heading to our first show here in North Carolina in June. Our six year old son loves Buffett and is known in closed circles for having memorized the lyrics to 'Fins' by age 5 along with his own hybrid dance! Any feedback on taking kids to shows??

Thanks!
Elizabeth :lol:

Post subject: Re: Kids at Shows?
PostPosted: April 4th, 2008, 4:44 pm 
I am a person my parents warned me about

No. Of Shows Attended: 11
I see a lot of kids at Buffett shows. But I don't think I'd want to take mine. There can be some pretty obscene language and acts (I saw a guy with his hand down the front of a girls pants at one show :shock: , getting the treatment if you know what I mean).

You might see what others say here that have taken their kids.

PostPosted: April 4th, 2008, 5:09 pm 
Gypsy in the Palace

I took my daughter when she was 12.....we tailgating for about an hour and she definitely saw some "stuff".....she's never been sheltered, so it wasn't a huge deal.

If you're just going to the show.....maybe.....if you're planning on hitting a tailgate....I wouldn't feel comfortable taking a six year old.

Some things are just more adult oriented and Buffett concerts happen to be one of them......

http://www.myspace.com/parrotheadpaige

PostPosted: April 5th, 2008, 9:37 pm 
King Asshole

No. Of Shows Attended: 999
My personal opinion is that almost every concert should be 21, with a few exceptions ( the bands that are geared towards youngins)

I do not like to have to watch what I say or do at a show because some lil kid who is there will find something new thats bad.

I pay my $100+ for a good seat, and If I wanna get drunk and vulgar well I should be able to .

PostPosted: April 6th, 2008, 1:00 pm 
Last One Standing

hmm..well im almost 20..and i still feel a little..ahem..young at a jb concert... :roll: we need more YOUNG parrotheads!

i say bring your child along..they'll probably have a great time, id have a little "talk" before hand about what he/she might see...

basically adults acting like kids..haha

MegaritaImage

PostPosted: April 6th, 2008, 5:41 pm 
King Asshole

No. Of Shows Attended: 999
margaritameg212 wrote:
hmm..well im almost 20..and i still feel a little..ahem..young at a jb concert... :roll: we need more YOUNG parrotheads!

i say bring your child along..they'll probably have a great time, id have a little "talk" before hand about what he/she might see...

And in the parking lot your giving all of us seasoned veterans bad names.

Sorry I was there long time ago being the underaged kid drinking at shows. But i never looked or acted like I was underage.

PostPosted: April 7th, 2008, 8:05 am 
Unemployed Beach Bum

No. Of Shows Attended: 15
My keet is 7 and this year we are taking her to Nissan for her first show. We have already talked to her about it and when it gets closer to the show we will talk to her about things again. She is looking forward to it.

Wishing I was still in St. John because I think I have found me a home.

PostPosted: April 7th, 2008, 9:02 am 
Rookie

My son was 3 months old when he caught his first show! :) ... Took all 4 kids to the show last summer, doing it again this month!! (Houston)
Hey, if you want 'em sheltered and innocent, then this ain't the place. If that's not a big deal to you, then they'll have a BLAST!! Just read the earlier posts... adults pay lots of money for these tickets and they plan to relax and let loose... don't expect them to "behave" just because kids are around, it's NOT a public park ;) .

My kids wear phin hats and grass skirts and think it's all just a big party! (I could take them to family reunions and they'd see much "worse" behavior from the adults ;) )

PostPosted: April 7th, 2008, 9:29 am 
Last One Standing

Sirgumby77 wrote:
margaritameg212 wrote:

And in the parking lot your giving all of us seasoned veterans bad names.

Sorry I was there long time ago being the underaged kid drinking at shows. But i never looked or acted like I was underage.

haha i dont either.. :woohoo: :pirate:

MegaritaImage