It is currently September 23rd, 2014, 8:23 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: October 2nd, 2011, 8:26 am 
Offline
Gypsy in the Palace
User avatar

Joined: January 26th, 2005, 5:42 pm
Posts: 6069
Location: Daydreamin' in Chicago, IL
No. Of Shows Attended: 1
Drop any tid-bits ya hear :D

For starters ......................

Angels GM Tony Reagins Resigns

It's never fair to evaluate a GM by one trade,
or to judge a trade after one year, but the
Mike Napoli-Vernon Wells swap didn't help
Angels GM Tony Reagins' chances of keeping
his job. That Napoli had back-to-back multi-
homer games against his former team for the
playoff-bound Rangers this week as Wells
sputtered to the finish line may have helped
Halos owner Arte Moreno decide it was time
for change.

The Angels announced that Reagins resigned,
according to Bill Shaikin of the LA Times. He'll
remain with the club as a special assistant,
according to Mike DiGiovanna of the LA Times.

The Angels won 100 games and the AL West
in Reagins' 1st full season, 2008. They repeated
as division champions the following season, but
haven't been back to the playoffs since. They
finished with 80 wins a year ago and wrapped
up the 2011 campaign with 86 wins.

Reagins has shaped the Angels roster since
being promoted to his current role in 2007.
For example, he signed Jered Weaver and
Ervin Santana to extensions, traded for
Dan Haren and acquired Torii Hunter,
Bobby Abreu and Scott Downs on the free
agent market.

The Cubs are also looking for a GM and it
appears that the Orioles could soon be
searching for one as well.

_________________
Sailin' on a BW midnight boat, their were no questions asked.
Waters so green and the air was so clean Matt stuck right to
his task.

Oh I'm just dreamin'... my life Away


Last edited by HavanaMatt on October 30th, 2011, 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: October 9th, 2011, 9:02 am 
Offline
Gypsy in the Palace
User avatar

Joined: January 26th, 2005, 5:42 pm
Posts: 6069
Location: Daydreamin' in Chicago, IL
No. Of Shows Attended: 1
Yankees P Sabathia expected to opt out of his deal

CC Sabathia is expected to decide to opt out of his
7 yr $161 million contract, unless he and the Yanks
agree to an extension before hand. But assuring a
31-year-old starter 6 or 7 more seasons is a major
commitment, especially considering Sabathia already
has pitched for 11 yrs and weighs 300 pounds. That
said, he is still young, and his last seven years have
been spectacular.

_________________
Sailin' on a BW midnight boat, their were no questions asked.
Waters so green and the air was so clean Matt stuck right to
his task.

Oh I'm just dreamin'... my life Away


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: October 10th, 2011, 11:44 am 
Offline
Gypsy in the Palace
User avatar

Joined: January 26th, 2005, 5:42 pm
Posts: 6069
Location: Daydreamin' in Chicago, IL
No. Of Shows Attended: 1
Report : Reds to listen to offers for 1B Votto

The Cincinnati Reds are prepared to listen to offers
for 1B Joey Votto, according to ESPN’s Buster Olney.

Rival executives do not think the Reds will
deal Votto, according to Olney.

Joey Votto could be dealt by the Reds this offseason.
Cinci has a promising prospect in Yonder Alonso, but
nowhere to really play him in the field. The team has
tried him in LF but he has struggled out there.

The Reds could move Votto because of payroll concerns.
The 2009 NL MVP is due $26.5 million over the next 2
seasons.

Votto hit .309 with 29 home runs and 103 RBIs in 161
gamesin 2011 and led the NL in on-base percentage at
.416.

_________________
Sailin' on a BW midnight boat, their were no questions asked.
Waters so green and the air was so clean Matt stuck right to
his task.

Oh I'm just dreamin'... my life Away


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: October 10th, 2011, 1:59 pm 
Offline
Nothin' but a Breeze
User avatar

Joined: August 5th, 2008, 1:38 pm
Posts: 8800
Location: Somewhere other than here
No. Of Shows Attended: 4
HavanaMatt wrote:
Report : Reds to listen to offers for 1B Votto

The Cincinnati Reds are prepared to listen to offers
for 1B Joey Votto, according to ESPN’s Buster Olney.

Rival executives do not think the Reds will
deal Votto, according to Olney.

Joey Votto could be dealt by the Reds this offseason.
Cinci has a promising prospect in Yonder Alonso, but
nowhere to really play him in the field. The team has
tried him in LF but he has struggled out there.

The Reds could move Votto because of payroll concerns.
The 2009 NL MVP is due $26.5 million over the next 2
seasons.

Votto hit .309 with 29 home runs and 103 RBIs in 161
gamesin 2011 and led the NL in on-base percentage at
.416.


I'm sure the Reds are feeling payroll pressure, but gee whiz... $26.5 million over two years for a top notch first baseman isn't a bad deal.

_________________
Image
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. - Herm Albright


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: October 14th, 2011, 7:48 am 
Offline
Gypsy in the Palace
User avatar

Joined: January 26th, 2005, 5:42 pm
Posts: 6069
Location: Daydreamin' in Chicago, IL
No. Of Shows Attended: 1
Orioles have list of GM Candidates

Buck Showalter reportedly flew to Baltimore Wednesday
to meet with owner Peter Angelos to discuss who might
replace Andy MacPhail as head of baseball operations.

The club is believed to be working from a list that
includes D-backs senior VP for scouting and player
development Jerry DiPoto, Rangers assistant GM
Thad Levine, Blue Jays assistant GM Tony LaCava,
Marlins assistant GM Dan Jennings, Dodgers assistant
GM De Jon Watson, Detroit Tigers assistant GM Al Avila,
Angels executive and former GM Tony Reagins and
Dodgers assistant GM Logan White.

_________________
Sailin' on a BW midnight boat, their were no questions asked.
Waters so green and the air was so clean Matt stuck right to
his task.

Oh I'm just dreamin'... my life Away


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: October 19th, 2011, 5:22 pm 
Offline
Gypsy in the Palace
User avatar

Joined: January 26th, 2005, 5:42 pm
Posts: 6069
Location: Daydreamin' in Chicago, IL
No. Of Shows Attended: 1
Yankees decline P Damaso Marte, he will be a free agent

The Yanks have declined a $4 million option on P Damaso
Marte, making the injured lefty eligible for free agency.

Marte has missed the last 1½ seasons because of a torn
labrum in his left shoulder and had surgery on Oct. 22nd
last year. The 36-year-old will receive a $250,000 buyout,
completing a $12 million, 3 yr contract.

He made one minor league rehab appearance this year,
allowing 6 runs and 6 hits in two-thirds of an inning for
the Gulf Coast League Yankees against the Tigers on
Aug. 25th.

Marte was 2-6 with 2 saves and a 6.02 ERA in 76 games
with the Yanks, who acquired him from Pittsburgh along
with OF Xavier Nady in July 2008 for OF Jose Tabata and
right-handers Dan McCutchen, Jeff Karstens and Ross
Ohlendorf.

New York announced the decision Wednesday.

_________________
Sailin' on a BW midnight boat, their were no questions asked.
Waters so green and the air was so clean Matt stuck right to
his task.

Oh I'm just dreamin'... my life Away


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: October 19th, 2011, 10:12 pm 
Offline
Take Me to Your Blender!
User avatar

Joined: March 26th, 2004, 3:31 pm
Posts: 43126
Location: Watching the ballgame :))))))))
Here's an off season topic for you!!! I'm going to kill myself slowly with a dull butter knife!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! :gaah: :gaah: :gaah: :help: :lol: :lol: :lol:

_________________
Please come to Boston in the Springtime.....
Image ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: October 20th, 2011, 7:30 am 
Offline
Nothin' but a Breeze
User avatar

Joined: August 5th, 2008, 1:38 pm
Posts: 8800
Location: Somewhere other than here
No. Of Shows Attended: 4
virgin prthd wrote:
Here's an off season topic for you!!! I'm going to kill myself slowly with a dull butter knife!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! :gaah: :gaah: :gaah: :help: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Well, as long as it takes all winter so that we have something to talk about until spring training starts.

_________________
Image
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. - Herm Albright


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: October 20th, 2011, 7:45 am 
Offline
Take Me to Your Blender!
User avatar

Joined: March 26th, 2004, 3:31 pm
Posts: 43126
Location: Watching the ballgame :))))))))
coolbreeze2444 wrote:
virgin prthd wrote:
Here's an off season topic for you!!! I'm going to kill myself slowly with a dull butter knife!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! :gaah: :gaah: :gaah: :help: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Well, as long as it takes all winter so that we have something to talk about until spring training starts.

Working on the first layer of skin as we speak Ken :lol: :lol:

_________________
Please come to Boston in the Springtime.....
Image ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: October 20th, 2011, 7:50 am 
Offline
Nothin' but a Breeze
User avatar

Joined: August 5th, 2008, 1:38 pm
Posts: 8800
Location: Somewhere other than here
No. Of Shows Attended: 4
virgin prthd wrote:
coolbreeze2444 wrote:
virgin prthd wrote:
Here's an off season topic for you!!! I'm going to kill myself slowly with a dull butter knife!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! :gaah: :gaah: :gaah: :help: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Well, as long as it takes all winter so that we have something to talk about until spring training starts.

Working on the first layer of skin as we speak Ken :lol: :lol:

:hi5: :lol:

_________________
Image
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. - Herm Albright


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: October 20th, 2011, 12:54 pm 
Offline
Gypsy in the Palace
User avatar

Joined: January 26th, 2005, 5:42 pm
Posts: 6069
Location: Daydreamin' in Chicago, IL
No. Of Shows Attended: 1
virgin prthd wrote:
Here's an off season topic for you!!! I'm going to kill myself slowly with a dull butter knife!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! :gaah: :gaah: :gaah: :help: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Hey B, c'mon now let's not do anything scary. Keep your beautiful self
around here, we need ya. :hug: :hug:

_________________
Sailin' on a BW midnight boat, their were no questions asked.
Waters so green and the air was so clean Matt stuck right to
his task.

Oh I'm just dreamin'... my life Away


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: October 20th, 2011, 12:57 pm 
Offline
Gypsy in the Palace
User avatar

Joined: January 26th, 2005, 5:42 pm
Posts: 6069
Location: Daydreamin' in Chicago, IL
No. Of Shows Attended: 1
Padres have interest in Red Sox P John Lackey

The San Diego Padres have had internal discussions
about acquiring John Lackey, so long as the Red Sox
eat most of the pitcher's remaining contract, according
to the San Diego Union-Tribune.

Lackey previously worked with Padres manager
Bud Black when he was the Angels pitching coach.

Lackey has 3 seasons remaining on a 5 yr, $82.5 million
contract, plus an option for 2015. The 32-year-old was
12-12 with a 6.41 ERA in 28 starts for the Red Sox in
2011.

_________________
Sailin' on a BW midnight boat, their were no questions asked.
Waters so green and the air was so clean Matt stuck right to
his task.

Oh I'm just dreamin'... my life Away


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: October 20th, 2011, 1:24 pm 
Offline
Take Me to Your Blender!
User avatar

Joined: March 26th, 2004, 3:31 pm
Posts: 43126
Location: Watching the ballgame :))))))))
HavanaMatt wrote:
virgin prthd wrote:
Here's an off season topic for you!!! I'm going to kill myself slowly with a dull butter knife!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! :gaah: :gaah: :gaah: :help: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Hey B, c'mon now let's not do anything scary. Keep your beautiful self
around here, we need ya. :hug: :hug:

Awww thanks Matty! :D

_________________
Please come to Boston in the Springtime.....
Image ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: October 20th, 2011, 1:26 pm 
Offline
Take Me to Your Blender!
User avatar

Joined: March 26th, 2004, 3:31 pm
Posts: 43126
Location: Watching the ballgame :))))))))
HavanaMatt wrote:
Padres have interest in Red Sox P John Lackey

The San Diego Padres have had internal discussions
about acquiring John Lackey, so long as the Red Sox
eat most of the pitcher's remaining contract, according
to the San Diego Union-Tribune.

Lackey previously worked with Padres manager
Bud Black when he was the Angels pitching coach.

Lackey has 3 seasons remaining on a 5 yr, $82.5 million
contract, plus an option for 2015. The 32-year-old was
12-12 with a 6.41 ERA in 28 starts for the Red Sox in
2011.

Good riddance :fingers:

_________________
Please come to Boston in the Springtime.....
Image ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: October 21st, 2011, 6:38 am 
Offline
Gypsy in the Palace
User avatar

Joined: October 18th, 2006, 11:20 am
Posts: 6735
Location: Far Side of ... New Jersey
No. Of Shows Attended: 0
virgin prthd wrote:
HavanaMatt wrote:
Padres have interest in Red Sox P John Lackey

The San Diego Padres have had internal discussions
about acquiring John Lackey, so long as the Red Sox
eat most of the pitcher's remaining contract
, according
to the San Diego Union-Tribune.

Lackey previously worked with Padres manager
Bud Black when he was the Angels pitching coach.

Lackey has 3 seasons remaining on a 5 yr, $82.5 million
contract, plus an option for 2015. The 32-year-old was
12-12 with a 6.41 ERA in 28 starts for the Red Sox in
2011.

Good riddance :fingers:

$16M a year they won't be able to spend on anyone else! :peace:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group