Landshark Lager

Talk about anything here that doesn't fit anywhere else
HavanaMatt
Number of Buffett shows attended: 1

Landshark Lager

Post by HavanaMatt » Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:07 pm

have you tried the landshark lager ? :finsup: :finsup:

hope to get a taste before summer ends ;)
Daydreamin' with a license to chill down at the La De Dah

Air M'Ville Cap'n
Site Admin
Number of Buffett shows attended: 12

Re: Landshark Lager

Post by Air M'Ville Cap'n » Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:59 pm

I've had it a few times. It's pretty good, but nothing special

sirgumby77
Number of Buffett shows attended: 25

Post by sirgumby77 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:58 pm

I had it once, years ago when it first came out. Me and a buddy who are big parrotheads decided to get a sixer to start off the tailgate of the Nascar race with...... We each had aprox half of a beer, dumped the rest out, and gave the remaining 4 bottles to whoever had no taste in beer. I personally think it is one of the worst beers ever, and I rank it in the lines of Natural Light/Keystone/Busch/Budweiser and Miller.

jgido759
Number of Buffett shows attended: 7

Post by jgido759 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:45 pm

Much better than Corona but, by far, not the best option as a first choice for beer.

Good "lawnmower beer", though.

SharkysMV1
Number of Buffett shows attended: 9

Post by SharkysMV1 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:08 am

jgido759 wrote:Much better than Corona but, by far, not the best option as a first choice for beer.

Good "lawnmower beer", though.
Couldn't have said it better myself. It's strictly my go-to "lawnmower beer". That, or Kona Big Wave. Either of those hit the spot after a lawn mowing session.
"A little Cape Cod sand oozing out of my shoes..."

HurricaneSeason

Post by HurricaneSeason » Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:19 pm

The past year I've been into it. I've gotten to like it. I used to be a beer snob. When it came out I bought a six pack and threw it out. Since then... I've mellowed. It's good when cold. Otherwise...

goreds2
Number of Buffett shows attended: 40

Post by goreds2 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:09 am

HurricaneSeason wrote:The past year I've been into it. I've gotten to like it. I used to be a beer snob. When it came out I bought a six pack and threw it out. Since then... I've mellowed. It's good when cold. Otherwise...
Yeah, you have to have it ice cold, almost frozen. :lol: I have supported Jimmy by drinking other beers at the 40 shows I have been at so it evens out. :finsup:

HurricaneSeason

Post by HurricaneSeason » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:53 am

There's nothing wrong with LandShark. There's reason to think they tweaked it after it first came out, because it was really bad when it came out.

Last year I had a Dixie beer. Dixie Jazz. THE WORST beer I've ever tasted. Plain ol' Dixie is "fine". It made the worst beers in the world - Busch, Natural Light, Bud Light etc taste great.

The only beer I could compare Dixie Jazz to is Pacifico.

LandShark is definitely fine. If you like Budweiser or Corona or Miller Genuine Draft or Coors or a whole lot of other lagers, LandShark is just as good if not better than some.

I like all kinds of beer, especially European beer, but I generally drink PBR and Bud during the week (maintenance beer plus it's cheap), LandShark and or Red Stripe (preferably imported but sometimes the only one is from Latrobe, PA but it's also made in La Crosse, WI apparently) - the tall boys are good fun though, the white cans - on the weekends, and any local or imports are treats.