Page 1 of 1

Got a favorite drinking hole in St. Croix?

Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:44 pm
by limejohnny
I'm heading to St. Croix in a few days. Looking forward to hunkering down, just me and a bottle of Cruzan Rum. To mix things up, though, I also plan to visit a few bars. Has anyone been? If so, got any recommendations?

Re: Got a favorite drinking hole in St. Croix?

Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:03 pm
by jollymon345
Wish I could help you out but never been to St. Croix. If you were heading over to St. John I would have a few places for ya.

Re: Got a favorite drinking hole in St. Croix?

Posted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:21 pm
by PALAPA
MAKE SURE YOU GO TO RAINBOW BEACH IN FREDERICKSTAD. THAT IS WHERE RYTHYM'S BEACH BAR IS. ON THE WEEKENDS IT IS THE PLACE TO BE. SOME OF THE PRETTIEST BEACHES AND WATER YOU WILL FIND. ALSO RUM RUNNERS IS A GOOD PLACE IN CHRISTIANSTAD TO EAT.

Re: Got a favorite drinking hole in St. Croix?

Posted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:56 pm
by limejohnny
jollymon345 wrote:Wish I could help you out but never been to St. Croix. If you were heading over to St. John I would have a few places for ya.


I was planning to head to St. John too, but then I decided to simplify things. Feeling the need to hunker down somewhere good and proper. Thanks though. If I make it to St. John some day, I'll give you a shout for some recos!

Re: Got a favorite drinking hole in St. Croix?

Posted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:02 pm
by limejohnny
PALAPA wrote:MAKE SURE YOU GO TO RAINBOW BEACH IN FREDERICKSTAD. THAT IS WHERE RYTHYM'S BEACH BAR IS. ON THE WEEKENDS IT IS THE PLACE TO BE. SOME OF THE PRETTIEST BEACHES AND WATER YOU WILL FIND. ALSO RUM RUNNERS IS A GOOD PLACE IN CHRISTIANSTAD TO EAT.


Perfect! I'll be close to Fredriksted for the first half of my stay. As it turns out, I like rhythm, beaches, and bars. You've managed to combine my 3 favorite things into one recommendation. Thanks much!

Re: Got a favorite drinking hole in St. Croix?

Posted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:06 pm
by PALAPA
WHEN YOU GET TO RAINBOW BEACH ABOUT A 1/2 MILE DOWN THE BEACH IS WHERE THEY FILMED THE LAST SEEN OF SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION. I ALWAYS LOOK UP THAT SEEN ON YOUTUBE WHEN I WANT TO GET BACK IN SPIRIT WITH A NICE GLASS OF CRUZAN CONFUSION IN HAND!!!

Re: Got a favorite drinking hole in St. Croix?

Posted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:02 pm
by limejohnny
PALAPA wrote:WHEN YOU GET TO RAINBOW BEACH ABOUT A 1/2 MILE DOWN THE BEACH IS WHERE THEY FILMED THE LAST SEEN OF SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION. I ALWAYS LOOK UP THAT SEEN ON YOUTUBE WHEN I WANT TO GET BACK IN SPIRIT WITH A NICE GLASS OF CRUZAN CONFUSION IN HAND!!!


I did all of the above (Rhythms, Rum Runners, and the Shawshank beach). Good recommendations all! Thanks! Just got back late last night. I have to say, there's something about St. Croix that reminds me of the Florida Keys in the 70s. Even though I was never in the Florida Keys in the 70s. But based on what I've heard, this seemed a bit like that. Freewheeling in a kind of invitingly cobbled together kind of way.