Got a favorite drinking hole in St. Croix?

Get those hot lines a-hummin' and chat with other board members
Post Reply
User avatar
limejohnny
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:03 pm
Contact:

Got a favorite drinking hole in St. Croix?

Post by limejohnny » Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:44 pm

I'm heading to St. Croix in a few days. Looking forward to hunkering down, just me and a bottle of Cruzan Rum. To mix things up, though, I also plan to visit a few bars. Has anyone been? If so, got any recommendations?
There are beaches and bonfires inside us. www.bringlimes.com

jollymon345
Posts: 78
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:36 pm

Re: Got a favorite drinking hole in St. Croix?

Post by jollymon345 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:03 pm

Wish I could help you out but never been to St. Croix. If you were heading over to St. John I would have a few places for ya.

PALAPA
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:00 pm
Number of Buffett shows attended: 12

Re: Got a favorite drinking hole in St. Croix?

Post by PALAPA » Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:21 pm

MAKE SURE YOU GO TO RAINBOW BEACH IN FREDERICKSTAD. THAT IS WHERE RYTHYM'S BEACH BAR IS. ON THE WEEKENDS IT IS THE PLACE TO BE. SOME OF THE PRETTIEST BEACHES AND WATER YOU WILL FIND. ALSO RUM RUNNERS IS A GOOD PLACE IN CHRISTIANSTAD TO EAT.

User avatar
limejohnny
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:03 pm
Contact:

Re: Got a favorite drinking hole in St. Croix?

Post by limejohnny » Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:56 pm

jollymon345 wrote:Wish I could help you out but never been to St. Croix. If you were heading over to St. John I would have a few places for ya.
I was planning to head to St. John too, but then I decided to simplify things. Feeling the need to hunker down somewhere good and proper. Thanks though. If I make it to St. John some day, I'll give you a shout for some recos!
There are beaches and bonfires inside us. www.bringlimes.com

User avatar
limejohnny
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:03 pm
Contact:

Re: Got a favorite drinking hole in St. Croix?

Post by limejohnny » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:02 pm

PALAPA wrote:MAKE SURE YOU GO TO RAINBOW BEACH IN FREDERICKSTAD. THAT IS WHERE RYTHYM'S BEACH BAR IS. ON THE WEEKENDS IT IS THE PLACE TO BE. SOME OF THE PRETTIEST BEACHES AND WATER YOU WILL FIND. ALSO RUM RUNNERS IS A GOOD PLACE IN CHRISTIANSTAD TO EAT.
Perfect! I'll be close to Fredriksted for the first half of my stay. As it turns out, I like rhythm, beaches, and bars. You've managed to combine my 3 favorite things into one recommendation. Thanks much!
There are beaches and bonfires inside us. www.bringlimes.com

PALAPA
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:00 pm
Number of Buffett shows attended: 12

Re: Got a favorite drinking hole in St. Croix?

Post by PALAPA » Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:06 pm

WHEN YOU GET TO RAINBOW BEACH ABOUT A 1/2 MILE DOWN THE BEACH IS WHERE THEY FILMED THE LAST SEEN OF SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION. I ALWAYS LOOK UP THAT SEEN ON YOUTUBE WHEN I WANT TO GET BACK IN SPIRIT WITH A NICE GLASS OF CRUZAN CONFUSION IN HAND!!!

User avatar
limejohnny
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:03 pm
Contact:

Re: Got a favorite drinking hole in St. Croix?

Post by limejohnny » Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:02 pm

PALAPA wrote:WHEN YOU GET TO RAINBOW BEACH ABOUT A 1/2 MILE DOWN THE BEACH IS WHERE THEY FILMED THE LAST SEEN OF SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION. I ALWAYS LOOK UP THAT SEEN ON YOUTUBE WHEN I WANT TO GET BACK IN SPIRIT WITH A NICE GLASS OF CRUZAN CONFUSION IN HAND!!!
I did all of the above (Rhythms, Rum Runners, and the Shawshank beach). Good recommendations all! Thanks! Just got back late last night. I have to say, there's something about St. Croix that reminds me of the Florida Keys in the 70s. Even though I was never in the Florida Keys in the 70s. But based on what I've heard, this seemed a bit like that. Freewheeling in a kind of invitingly cobbled together kind of way.
There are beaches and bonfires inside us. www.bringlimes.com

Post Reply