Have you ever found a One Particular Harbour ?

Get those hot lines a-hummin' and chat with other board members
HavanaMatt
Number of Buffett shows attended: 1

Have you ever found a One Particular Harbour ?

Post by HavanaMatt » Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:52 pm

I did a road-trip to Saugatuck, MI this past weekend and found my OPH :) :finsup:

A little far, but yet so near :finsup: :finsup: :finsup: :finsup:
Daydreamin' with a license to chill down at the La De Dah

Air M'Ville Cap'n
Site Admin
Number of Buffett shows attended: 12

Re: Have you ever found a One Particular Harbour ?

Post by Air M'Ville Cap'n » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:31 pm

I've found a couple pretty good fishing holes, but sadly no one particular harbour :confused:

jollymon345

Post by jollymon345 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:14 pm

Found several off them on St. John! Cinnamon Bay, Maho Bay and Trunk Bay.

limejohnny

Post by limejohnny » Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:00 pm

jollymon345 wrote:Found several off them on St. John! Cinnamon Bay, Maho Bay and Trunk Bay.
I'm headed to St. John (and St. Croix) in early November. A rare solo trip. Just bringing one pack, some diving gear, and a tent. Cinnamon Bay was already on my list. Now I have three. Thanks! One particular harbor. And another. And yet one more. Perfect!
There are beaches and bonfires inside us. www.bringlimes.com

Air M'Ville Cap'n
Site Admin
Number of Buffett shows attended: 12

Post by Air M'Ville Cap'n » Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:25 pm

limejohnny wrote:
jollymon345 wrote:Found several off them on St. John! Cinnamon Bay, Maho Bay and Trunk Bay.
I'm headed to St. John (and St. Croix) in early November. A rare solo trip. Just bringing one pack, some diving gear, and a tent. Cinnamon Bay was already on my list. Now I have three. Thanks! One particular harbor. And another. And yet one more. Perfect!
That sounds amazing. Sleeping in the tent the whole trip?

limejohnny

Post by limejohnny » Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:07 am

Air M'Ville Cap'n wrote:
limejohnny wrote:
That sounds amazing. Sleeping in the tent the whole trip?
I'll be there for eight nights total. I'm guessing maybe four nights camping on St. Croix (there's an organic farm, and a bush skills kind of camp that have bare sites). Maybe two nights camping on St. John. And then a couple nights in hotels or airbnb. (The evening I get in, for example.)

But who knows. That may change. Which is one of the best parts of traveling alone. I love my family, and they're actually great travelers. But this one is entirely on my time. I'm really looking forward to it.

SharkysMV1
Number of Buffett shows attended: 9

Post by SharkysMV1 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:28 am

I have found a few up here in New England, including the one 3 houses away from me.

But, I think I need to find a Caribbean harbour very soon. I have always wanted to plan a trip, but not sure which island/group of islands I would want to go to. Part of the delay is also due to my aversion of large crowds and tourists. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
"A little Cape Cod sand oozing out of my shoes..."

limejohnny

Post by limejohnny » Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:42 pm

SharkysMV1 wrote:I have found a few up here in New England, including the one 3 houses away from me.

But, I think I need to find a Caribbean harbour very soon. I have always wanted to plan a trip, but not sure which island/group of islands I would want to go to. Part of the delay is also due to my aversion of large crowds and tourists. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
I'm a big fan of Grenada. And it's smaller neighbor Carriacou (a short ferry ride away). Why? Because I also have an aversion to large crowds and tourists. Real lives are being lived there which aren't built entirely around tourism.

Both times I've been there (for 7 or so weeks total) were in July so, obviously, that's the low season. But still... there were hardly any tourists there at all! English speaking, very low crime, friendly people, stunningly beautiful beaches, great diving.

I'd definitely suggest looking into Grenada/Carriacou a bit.

SharkysMV1
Number of Buffett shows attended: 9

Post by SharkysMV1 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:43 am

limejohnny wrote:
SharkysMV1 wrote:I have found a few up here in New England, including the one 3 houses away from me.

I'm a big fan of Grenada. And it's smaller neighbor Carriacou (a short ferry ride away). Why? Because I also have an aversion to large crowds and tourists. Real lives are being lived there which aren't built entirely around tourism.

Both times I've been there (for 7 or so weeks total) were in July so, obviously, that's the low season. But still... there were hardly any tourists there at all! English speaking, very low crime, friendly people, stunningly beautiful beaches, great diving.

I'd definitely suggest looking into Grenada/Carriacou a bit.
Thanks so much! I will do some research on getting there!
"A little Cape Cod sand oozing out of my shoes..."

limejohnny

Post by limejohnny » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:13 pm

I was thinking today about how we all have our own version of one particular harbor. Ended up writing about it on my goofy website. In case anyone is interested: http://bringlimes.com/the-good-stuff/20 ... ar-harbors