It is currently July 29th, 2014, 11:00 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1034 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52 ... 69  Next
 Post subject: Re: Last Movie Watched
PostPosted: January 30th, 2011, 10:22 pm 
I am a person my parents warned me about

No. Of Shows Attended: 11
Jahfin wrote:

This may not be for everybody, especially if you go in expecting some sort of edge of your seat action thriller. It has elements of that but the whole movie doesn't depend on that sort of suspense which made for a very refreshing change of pace.

I hated it. One of worst movies I've seen in a long time. It played like a foreign film. Hardly any action, and a crappy ending.

PostPosted: February 1st, 2011, 12:56 am 
Gypsy in the Palace

Air M'Ville Cap'n wrote:
Jahfin wrote:

This may not be for everybody, especially if you go in expecting some sort of edge of your seat action thriller. It has elements of that but the whole movie doesn't depend on that sort of suspense which made for a very refreshing change of pace.

I hated it. One of worst movies I've seen in a long time. It played like a foreign film. Hardly any action, and a crappy ending.

That's what I meant by it "may not be for everybody". I've seen a million action-oriented shoot 'em ups. This one came at the subject matter from an entirely different angle which is what made it such a refreshing change of pace to me.

PostPosted: February 2nd, 2011, 1:41 pm 
Gypsy in the Palace

PostPosted: February 3rd, 2011, 10:07 pm 
Gypsy in the Palace

Air M'Ville Cap'n wrote:
Jahfin wrote:

Certainly you must have liked the scenes with Violante Placido in them? Not to mention Clooney's other luscious co-stars?

PostPosted: February 3rd, 2011, 10:47 pm 

Jahfin wrote:
Air M'Ville Cap'n wrote:
Jahfin wrote:

Certainly you must have liked the scenes with Violante Placido in them? Not to mention Clooney's other luscious co-stars?

That was about it :lol:

PostPosted: February 3rd, 2011, 10:48 pm 

Enjoyed this one. Can't go wrong with a Vince Vaughn flick

PostPosted: February 5th, 2011, 12:11 am 
King Asshole

No. Of Shows Attended: 999
Jahfin wrote:

Classic Movie

PostPosted: February 5th, 2011, 12:58 am 
Gypsy in the Palace

Bit of a tearjerker but there's no way to avoid that when telling the tale of Lennon's young, pre-Beatles life. Definitely worth watching. I didn't even realize the title character was Aaron Johnson from Kick-Ass until the movie was over. I thought he looked familiar but totally forgot about that once the movie got underway. To paraphrase Jon Lovitz, now that's acting!

PostPosted: February 6th, 2011, 11:49 pm 
Gypsy in the Palace

PostPosted: February 8th, 2011, 12:05 pm 
Gypsy in the Palace

Over the years I've developed a very low tolerance for Will Farrell and his brand of humor so I was surprised that I enjoyed this movie as much as I did. Probably because his character is somewhat toned down compared to past roles.

PostPosted: February 8th, 2011, 10:59 pm 

That and you don't usually see Mark Wahlberg in that role... I think that's why I enjoyed it

PostPosted: February 8th, 2011, 11:27 pm 
Gypsy in the Palace

Air M'Ville Cap'n wrote:
That and you don't usually see Mark Wahlberg in that role... I think that's why I enjoyed it

Yep, definitely something different for him though I wonder if his dance scenes gave him a flashback to his Marky Mark days.

Seems you can't swing a dead cat these days without hitting a movie with Michael Cera in it. This one had it's share of WTF? moments but I consider it among the best from him I've seen so far (and I've seen my fair share in recent months).

PostPosted: February 11th, 2011, 11:32 am 
Gypsy in the Palace

PostPosted: February 13th, 2011, 12:22 pm 
Gypsy in the Palace

PostPosted: February 14th, 2011, 12:34 pm 
Gypsy in the Palace

A must-see movie in every sense of the words. It may be difficult viewing at times but the more informed we are as a nation about the current state of the food industry, the better off we are. Even better would be if more of us got up off of our complacent asses and did something about it. In that regard the movie also offers some very helpful advice about what each of us can do to change things. Watching this documentary brings new meaning to "you are what you eat".

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1034 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52 ... 69  Next